Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Angus is all business.

Their surge in popularity in the late 90s and 00s was all built on the brand. It's like KISS now. And I say that as a hardcore, old time fan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

But they aren't obliged to sell cheap tickets... I get that you want cheap tickets, but you're not entitled to them!

The registration system seems to remove the frenzy from ticket buying and organises the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Can anyone confirm that the Front Standing listed on Ticketmaster.ie is the same as the Gold Circle listed on Ticketmaster.co.uk or is there a small Gold Circle in front of the Front Standing?🤔

The map doesnt help!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

i know a few ppl who are disappointed who didnt get tickets, theyre gutted.

Im a big fan of rock and metal, but this crowd were never on my radar, at any level.

IMO the prices are crazy, even for standing. there seems to be no ceiling that irish ppl wont reach to when it comes to ticket prices and its played on.

ive missed the odd big gig here or there as i wouldnt pay the money and i can live with it.

the metal bands ( US & british etc ) that play smaller venues are much better, up close, nearly 2 hr sets and their musicianship is off the charts, and a fraction of big venue prices. I'll support them all day long and buy their merch like many others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It was, price jumped to 176 after "something went wrong", can't help but feel that was an intentional error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I saw Therapy last year for €30... and it was an incredible gig! But you've got to admit, this is a different thing, AC/DC bring a huge choreographed show around the world with a huge production team.

The reality is, play it if you like, don't pay it if you don't.

This isn't an Irish thing... it's happening in all countries, and our tickets are cheap in comparison to other markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I emailed the Tds in my constituency also about this gouging ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

I didn’t say I was entitled to cheap tickets, I think artists should price tickets however they want (although I think platinum tickets should be banned). I mentioned price because you initially mentioned PJ would have all the same price and thought that’s what you were getting at.

But the registration doesn’t remove anything and isn’t remotely transparent. I was waitlisted for Taylor Swift (which had all the frenzy in the world, there were 3 different sales on the day so it was an all day affair for some) and successful for Olivia, as I said, why? If it’s totally random it just opens the door to touts to register multiple times and lock people who actually go to concerts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Waste of time, its those Td's who enabled this.

They thought Platinum tickets were VIP tickets, they are clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

I get a big venue etc, i know a bit about music myself....but its just mad money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭RayCon

Bingo. AC/DC are a brand now. You can get their T Shirts in Penneys FFS. I'm a lifelong fan but never intended to go to Croker anyway cos I don't like enormous outdoor gigs. Then I saw the "standard" ticket prices and laughed. Then as the day progressed the Corporate Touting (ie. Dynamic Pricing) kicked in and just saddened me. AC/DC and their Mgmt are culpable in this fiasco .... ripping off fans. Sad to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Wooderson

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ergo

Holy crap, Gold Circle standing €440 per ticket, thought the €335 was bad!

Sorry if that posted already above

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

For €440 I would be expecting Angus to be serving me drinks while Brian massages my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

We can all bitch about high ticket prices, but ticketmaster will simply tell us it sold out in a day so the prices were justified.

I hate to say it, but if it's too expensive, don't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭RINO87

If you are looking for a heritage rock act, Judas Priest seem to be on fire at the moment, putting on a cracking show. At the point on March 15th, Saxon and Uriah Heep in support too. Tickets around 75 quid!! Massive value in comparison 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I have seen ACDC twice before, in the Aviva in 2015 (ticket price €93.60 with booking fee), and in Punchestown in 2009 (ticket price €76.50). Both times I arrived early and got into the pit (for free of course). Now if you want to get into the pit you have to pay €440.

I know ACDC can really charge what they like, the stadium is basically sold out. I feel for any younger fans that really can't afford these higher prices. its really the first time I stopped and really considered if I wanted to pay that price or not for a gig. I suppose it was FOMO that made my buy tickets (pitch tickets, not golden circle!).

the pic below is what €76.50 got you in 2009.

Post edited by twin_beacon on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I'm so upset over the prices. This will be my 12th time to see AC/DC live. Since 91 Razors edge tour. I traveled to see second and 3rd gigs some years.

Tickets were never anywhere near as expensive.

I feel the true hardcore fans are getting shafted by the "shook me all night long plastic rocker for a day brigade"

Hardly the band's fault, but I can always be happy I seen them before it was so popular to see them.

Looking forward to Judus Priest this year also. I expect a better crowd for that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,373 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Seriously cannot wait for this. Counting down the days even though I'm being fleeced for two hotel rooms 🫣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

too many whingers , probably don't have a problem in the beer 3 nights a weekend etc

i got 4 tickets €774 including fee's for 304 lower , im delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

rent an RV or something , feck the hotels

better still do what the homeless do and fook a tent up on a corner lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I booked an ok looking air bnb last week for about €210 in the hope of getting a ticket.

wont have much change from a grand by the time travel food and drink included.

But realistically it will be the last time seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

All this dynamic pricing and registration systems has my head melted. For the first time in my gig going life I'm considering climbing over the wall.

Post edited by Mrs Shuttleworth on

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭quodec

Wow! A lot of price madness going on. Smacks of the Garth Brooks excess. Glad I saw them in ‘82 in the RDS. I’ll have to survive on those memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭airy fairy

It's grand to say if you don't want to pay the massive prices for the tickets, then don't go. Possibly easy for some to say. For others, it's a months mortgage we're talking about for 2 tickets. For fans that have supported them through the years, have they forgotten that it's their fans that have got them where they are? It's just wrong to sell tickets at one price and when the going is good, increase the price.

And then you've got a situation where you've bought those €1k tickets and the lad next to you in Croke park paid €130 for very same thing.

It's like everything else lately, entitled and greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

bullshit, Brooks was 81€ for cusack 704 for example. I saw Row C available 704 for 445€ for this show for 1 TICKET.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Agreed, I think I paid 90-100 for my standing ticket for Brooks

Advertisement