Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

£1 plus 18,000 BA points (still have three quarters of a million for future use) for return flights, £44 for a hotel room in South Kensington. Plus parking at Dublin Airport @ €29.50

• Registered Users Posts: 37,901 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very surprised you didn't get in dis morning given the time you were in the que

You'll have a better experience in Wembley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Thinking aloud I wonder was it ultimately thought Slane too difficult a trek for most of the age group / fan base. There'll be loads of younger folk at Croker but maybe not enough to fill out Slane Castle to compensate for those with creaky knees, not willing to slide down the hill in the legendary mudbath when it pisses down, an hour trek to the bus etc. I could be wrong though - Stones and Metallica were packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SouthernBird

I would fly to Seville: still front standing area tickets unsold and they have added a second date just Today: June 1st will be for sale Feb 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭slick_rick88

Not many expensive tickets left..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 dublingreen

The pricing is depressing, will hold out until the week of the gig and see what's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And what a city

Flight times are a bit sheeite though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

again, plenty of tickets there folks, dont panic just yet, just sit tight, might take a few weeks/months for normal priced tickets to become available.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Couple of us were going to go, but those prices not a chance.

Does anybody have any respect for money anymore

...or is the problem with ticketmaster!

...you ll probably get a chance to buy normal priced tickets eventually, it ll take a while though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I'm not paying that rip off and I absolutely hate ticketmaster, they are the worst shower going on this planet and should be fined every cent of profit they ever have made. Ruined the music scene on a global scale. And now dynamic pricing? Keep it ya c+nts. Rammstein will be 10x better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kolkio

Is there any kind of Irish or European competition law that Ticketmaster are breaching with yesterday's dynamic pricing for the AC/DC concert in Croke Park?

Maybe a Commission that would have the power to investigate if there is evidence that Ticketmaster are involved in anti-competitive practices, such as price-fixing, or that Ticketmaster are abusing a dominant position?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭airy fairy

It's not alone Ticketmaster though. It's the artist that allows it. There are many many artists that have sold out and tickets from start of sale to end stayed at the same price. It's pure and utter greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭slick_rick88

Oh dear...No harm for Croke Park bosses🙈🙉🙊🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

I dunno really, they must of been the most expensive tickets i ever seen on ticketmaster!

Was shocked!

ah its clearly the fact ticketmaster are a monopoly, they can do what they want, yes artists must be aware of the situation, and may in fact be involved in causing such things, but they to also dont have alternatives available to them, so in a way, everyone gets fcuked, but especially the buying public does....

such pricing has happened before recently, cant remember what gig it was now, but its clearly slowly becoming the norm, dynamic 'lets fcuk people over' has been implemented in other countries a number of years ago...

...again, just sit tight, normal prices will become available again....

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Do people really think ticketmaster set the prices? Really?

yes, of course they do, along side other entities including artists, management, promoters, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Ticketmaster don’t set the prices for standard concert tickets, the official platinum or various vip, golden circle tickets, those are agreed and set between promoter and artist agent.

the dynamic and market driven ones here in ireland are slightly an unknown quantity as they seem to predetermined the dynamic/market price as it’s just a flat amount and didn’t fluctuate Yesterday with ac/D.C. which leads me to believe the dynamic prices were agreed to and not truly dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Irish ticketing legislation is only concerned with resellers selling at prices about the original face value. It doesn’t apply to when a ticket is being originally sold.

Dynamic pricing is used throughout the economy, hotel room and flights are done the same way.

• Advertisement

ticketmaster is part of the pricing decider, not wholly, as explained, yes its not dynamic, its a part of the decision process of whether to implement it or not, when the demand falls, normal pricing will be implemented, i.e. theres no such thing as invisible people with invisible hands, dynamic 'lets fcuk over the folks' is a policy, normally priced tickets will eventually be made available, folks just need to sit tight, maybe for a few weeks/months....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SouthernBird

Yes, flights with Ryanair are cheap but not daily…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wait until closer to the gig to see how it ages. If you think it is really sold out, you are part of the gullible party.

Will be loads of tickets available in the week before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Doc07

I genuinely hope I’m proved wrong and that you are correct. I’d be interested to go, love 2 of their albums and saw them in Punchestown but €300 odd for one standing ticket is mental. I paid €300 for 2 decent section tickets for Bruce Springsteen this May

the sitting tight approach clearly is risky, but such large gigs actually rarely fully sell out, i and others will be keeping a close eye on sales, i ll post if i spot cheaper tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

A lot of event junkies will have picked up tickets for this & the week of gig many of them will get EP tickets and will be offloading ACDC ones. It happens for all big gigs, jesus I have to resell a fair heap of tickets in the last two years because life sometimes gets in the way. I wouldn't be panicking yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Plenty of tix available in Wembley stadium for considerably cheaper prices ( albeit still pricey).

Croke park is such a poor stadium for concerts, I suspect the bandwagon quota is high for this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Actually maybe not... £302 for pitch standing, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Who is the promoter for most events in Ireland ?

MCD, and who owns them, Livenation aka Ticketmaster.

So Ticketmaster largely do set the prices.

AC/DC look for a fee to play Dublin and its up to MCD/Livenation primarily as promoter to determine how that is funded.

They decide on the prices and liaise with the artists manager as to whether platinum or dynamic pricing should be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I hope tickets do become available at a lower price, but I'm not holding my breath. Tickets for Swift and Coldplay (those two I know because I've invested money for my teens in them) and everyone was saying those prices would fall...it's months since their sales and we still got the massive ticket prices left.

Advertisement