Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Only go to Wembley for very special events. 3 prior gigs there - 1985 Live Aid, 1988 Human Rights Now, then they knocked the place down and started again - 2022 Taylor Hawkins Tribute. Can't complain about any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Got offered Hogan stand 332.....€400 each....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It's not really sold out. It's just to create excitement and panic. There will be plenty of tickets available closer to the gig.

I would love just for one big gig if there was a concerted effort to call out Ticketmaster on their antics. Ticketmaster will create a frenzy for the big gigs. "You are number 1,0000,000000 in a queue". And an hour later "tickets are not available". It's mostly B.S. It would be lovely for some big gig is there was a publicity stunt amongst the public to boycott it. To not log in on the morning of the sale and just leave them hanging. To see what they would do. Ticketmaster even have the platinum option waiting to be activated, once they give the notion that the gig is "sold out". It is disgraceful.

I know the above idea will never happen. But it would be nice. There will always be tickets available later on for Croke Park gigs, and Arena gigs. I got a Garth Brroks pitch ticket for €40 outsiide the stadium, an Ed Sheeran ticket for €30, and Bruce Springsteen ticket for €70. They were all last minute alright, but there will be good bargains to be got in the week before the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You can still join the queue for tickets... There's always a number of orders that don't go through properly or that get cancelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Shank Williams

utter insanity

just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

wow ...... And for that you get ..

😮 (sounds like a poor tribute band ..)

Thats why i didnt bother...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭1992ChainGang

They have just ramped up the prices for standing

So standing now available, just got offered, €335 per ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingreen

Absolute gangsters

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

only tickets I can see are platinum at €435 a pop and I'd need 3...

so thanks but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

Platinum standing is legit the biggest piss take I've ever seen from TM

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭slick_rick88

I was getting 2 tickets for a friend and his son, got to checkout and confirmed paying via aib to getting your tickets screen to only to get the message "it's not you, its us", that was for block 711 for 313 euros for both..went back and joined que..took another 5 mins get back in, kept trying, I normally never give up, so eventually 2 showed up in block 720 for 273 euros for the two, went through checkout and I got them them about 10 mins apart.

Those who are disappointed don't give up!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It is disappointing the bands don't pull them up on it, I'd like to think if I was in a stadium level band I'd say 'Stop taking the piss you absolute pricks' but then again that solid gold fridge won't pay for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

So they don't bother even shifting them to platinum tickets anymore, they just double / triple the prices, add a BS queue and stick a limited availability sticker up.

All false BS! I would absolutely love to see AC/DC, but I draw the line with this gouging carry on! 🖕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Platinum standing is legit the biggest piss take I've ever seen from TM

And those gobshites Noel Rock and Leo Varadkar handed it all on a plate to Ticketmaster to do as they please.

No competition now so they can charge whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

OMG, dynamic pricing in action.

Fucking ****.

I have no time for this kind of crap. I'm disappointed for my other half but even if I had the money, I'd be stopping myself buying at those prices. Ticketmaster have turned into the touts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

They're using surge pricing. Should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Was just able to get 2 Hogan Stand tickets, in the upper tier 732, but feck it, will never get the chance to see them again. Will be bringing my young lad so will be an epic first live gig for him.

Rock on the 17th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭flasher0030

If a tribute band sounded like that, you'd pelt them with tomatoes.

Hopefully it is just a distorted sound from a bad iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭slick_rick88

So the "Gold Circle Standing" tickets were previously the "Front Standing" tickets

And

The "Standing" tickets were previously the "Main Standing" tickets

Its like Chris Tarrant back in the day on who wants to be a millionaire saying: ""We don't want to give you that" when he was tearing up a old cheque and issuing a new cheque..

Basically ticketmaster saying we don't want to give you the old prices on these that standing tickets categories but here are the new priced categories with a fancier name for nearly double the price!

Also there was a booking fee of 10 euros per ticket on the original tickets but these new gold and standing tickets there's a double booking fee of 20ish euros per per ticket! I'm actually gobsmacked this is actually happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Just saw this now, I thought the 335 for standing was for two tickets, proceeded to the next step and the final price was about 750. Absolute robbing slime at Ticketb@stard !! Please tell me no-one is paying for these tickets.... 😡

Got front pitch at Wembley so screw that, there will be tickets available for reasonable prices before the day, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The artists have a lot of say on pricing so they aren't 100% innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MacPint

No way AC/DC didn’t sign off on this. They stand to profit. I’ll be honest, kind of makes me think of them now as gouging **** as if the prices weren’t high enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingreen

Did the rules Noel Rock bought in end up making things worse for customers? I haven't been following it closely. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I agree! They need to accept some accountability.

Springsteen, who has sang about the ordinary blue collar working people his whole life came out last year amid this type of controversy and more a less said I don't care, I want my band and crew paid well.

The artists couldn't give a toss. The more money the better, screw the 16 year old punter who wants to go to their first gig to see their heroes.... It's dispicable and there is absolutely no excuse for it!

All that can be done is to boycott the shows, but unfortunately people are willing to fork out 400e a ticket. No Ill will to people going, it'll be a great show and I absolutely hope you enjoy it... But for me it's an absolute no go! 🖕

Advertisement