Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall Guy - 2024

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I dont get why anyone would want to see this in the cinema? even if its good, seems more like something for a TV series.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Looks dreadful.

I was a child of the ‘80’s and I loved the Fall Guy and the A-Team. The theme tune and the pick-up truck were the real “stars of the show”, and I suspect just like the awful A-Team movie from about 10 years ago, where the iconic van was wrecked in the opening credits, this one will also miss the mark by miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why can’t they just leave things alone

simpler times!!! , I dont think it was in my top tier of shows I had to watch , but it was competent TV

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Looks fun. Can't wait to see it in the Cinema. I suppose it helps that I never seen the TV series but if I did I do not remember it unlike say The A-Team or Night Rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

remember the Aliens episode??!! that was so weird, freaked the bejaysus out of me !! "Spaced Out" was the title of the Episode

• Registered Users Posts: 60,378 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This film has everything, Super Bowl spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,215 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I mean, if a studio is determined to reboot old properties, maybe it makes most sense to do so with IPs nobody gives a shít about and have a nominal bit of name recognition to at least get eyeballs on the thing. At least there's less at "stake" that píssing off hordes of fans 'cos you rebooted XYZ that everyoen loved.

This doesn't look especially amazing, though I am here for Ryan Gosling doing more action comedy 'cos the guy's surprisingly adept; I'm still salty The Nice Guys never did well enough to spawn a sequel cos that was what first made me realised Gosling can do comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Released May 2nd in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m fairly sure a lot of members are old enough. ;)

I am very annoyed. I have been looking forward to this but all “local” cinemas (a long bus ride is involved) are only showing it after 5pm (except on weekends) and the last bus home is 6pm.

Same with ABIGAIL and THE BOOK OF CLARENCE - and both are on at the same time on the one day they are showing early.

I had to do a complex shift swap in work to get to see CIVIL WAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭SharkMX

who says that?

And what does it have to with my little rant ? To which STAR WARS is added.

Maybe the threads could be merged please

2nd Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw this last night. Great fun. The chemistry between Gosling and Blunt was believable. Stunts were good (shocker!), some great set pieces and decent humour (although maybe could have had more). The story was pretty thin though.

Stick around for a fun mid-credits scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Stick around for a fun mid-credits scene.

let me guess - Magnum PI shows up and says "what did I miss?"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cameo spoilers

Lee Majors and Heather Thomas showed up in the post credit scene (the original Colt and Jody).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭winstonia

Absolutely no need for it to be 2hrs 5mins. My favourite part was the Jackie Chan style behind the scenes of the stunts at the end. 2/5 and that's an extra point for the stunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭santana75

Loved it. I thought it was an absolute hoot. It does become very capperish near the end but its so much fun I didn't mind so much. The chemistry between Emily blunt and Ryan gosling is what makes it all work. I'd definitely watch another one.

Jason (Momoa or is it Mamoa) 😄

Winston Duke was my mvp but overall a good enjoyable popcorn fun film

I think Ryan should have done a cover of the theme tune

he has a point, 2024 looks like its going to be a dog of a year for anyone trying to run a cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I thought this was very good fun. Gosling and Blunt (as stated by others) work really well against each other, and Winston Duke was brilliant. Aaron Taylor Johnson deserves some credit too. The credits showing the behind the scenes of the stunts was great too.

It's not the most taxing of stories, but for what it is, it did it well.

Advertisement