Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Any updates for Mayo or Sligo? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AlpineAdventurer

Hi All, apologies I posted in incorrect thread previously.

If you're top of a panel in your chosen location (OOM 1) and you've been asked for eligibility (education) and location preferences within your county, does that mean you're basically guaranteed an offer? It sounds like it but ...

In one of the emails it said "before we can begin pre employment checks we need to check your eligibility for this competition" - fyi this (eligibility and location preferences) all happened within a couple of days of the interview results being released (last ten days)

The required information (location and education) was then emailed to clearance mailbox and receipt was confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jmd1234

Hi do you mind me asking what questions you were asked? My interview is next week & im trying to prep for it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Aisling09

Hi, does anyone know if you are successful at interview are location preferences offered within every county. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Oceanadecola

Hi All, any updates on Offaly or Westmeath recently? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

I emailed PAS in April and they had called up to OOM 53 in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AidanBol

Emailed PAS this morning, they have called up to and including batch 6 for clearance in Waterford, will be starting on batch 7 when departments start logging position is what I was told. Not totally sure what that means number wise but might be of help to some knowing which batch is being called from

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chara79

Hi all, just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread, really helpful, I did my interview for the EO recently and I’m grateful for the help and updates. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Only seeing this now. You need to contact your PO, and ask to be "Tagged" with HR for your branch. I was on to my PO as soon as I got placed, they had be tagged and confirmed within the week. Once my number came up it was seamless, I didn't even have to move desk. You may end up working in a different area within your dept, it depends where the vacancy is.

How long does it take typically to hear your interview results? Had it early this week

• Advertisement

It depends when they finish interviewing your batch, then add a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LQ9

Anyone know what batch they are currently on for clearance in Galway?

I passed the interview I am shook.

it says I’m batch 6 open stream 2, does this mean there’s 1 person ahead of me for my county? This is all new to me thanks

Congratulations, that's great news. Do you mind telling me what day you did your interview and for what county. I'd assume only one person is ahead of you, hopefully that's the case. TIA

I’m for Meath & I did it on Tuesday. What does batch 6 mean do you know ? Thanks

I'm not too sure on the batches. It might be worth emailing LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie in the morning to get clarification. They are usually quick to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rebel90

Anyone pass interview recently for Cork?

I’ve received correspondence from the clearance at pas. Is it usually this quick? I received the email yesterday evening about passing the interview. I’m number 2 for my county thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rebel90

More recently!

Are they still taking off this panel for Garda stations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Kevin92

Any idea what number they've called upto on open for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

I think it depends who you deal with, but my experience has been really really slow! Got contacted at the end of October, thought the end was in sight last week but they turned around to ask to contact two more previous employers and a place I used to volunteer at TWO YEARS AGO. They also told me clearance typically takes 6-8 weeks if everything is submitted on time

Oh wow I spoke to a lovely lady from pas she told me my vetting would be max 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Oceanadecola

These numbers are still the same....... no change in the last 10 weeks... hoping there will be some more movement in the New Year!

I’ve been allocated to the court services, does anyone know what exactly I’ll be doing? Will I be working in the courthouse? Also will I be able to be flexi time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Teresa94

Hi, update for Longford and Westmeath

OOM

LONGFORD

Open                                53

Inter-departmental       29

WESTMEATH

Open                                104

Inter-departmental       48

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sunshine_21

Does anyone know when the panel expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

From the information booklet:

It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 30 June 2024

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Kitkat1995

Does anyone know what oom they are on with the open competition? (Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mayolashes

Does anyone know how long you wait between accepting the offer and then your actual starting date.

Advertisement