Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Last two Ryanairs have aborted landings into Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

No pax on board, it's a planned training flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Why would there be 244 pax going to Shannon from Toulouse on a non commercial aircraft in January? C'mon lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Buffman

I don't think anyone was suggesting it was a revenue flight, I was just mentioning it's stats. Obviously an 'in-house' Airbus flight given that it's still owned and operated by Airbus and still on it's test reg F-WXLR. Didn't hang around long anyway as it's on approach back home in Toulouse now.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

Ah yes I see what you mean now with the bit of context. We may see it in Shannon as a regular visitor in years to come hopefully.

Meanwhile FR7726 ACE-ORK gone around, had held beforehand too for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, only mentioned it here because it was a bit unusual, still don't know if I'd fancy a non-stop flight to the likes of SFO or LAX on a narrowbody though!

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Fueling the USAF fighter aircraft that are practising off the UK coast.

The USAF has multiple squadrons based in the UK.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The XLR is conducting training/testing in the windy conditions.

Those look like go-arounds, but are actually deliberate 'touch and goes'.

You can watch a video on YouTube of an Airbus A318 doing them in Shannon. Nice long runway to land on, then enough length to reconfigure for takeoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1234567abcdefg

Ryanair luton to dublin on a go around

The second KLM into Cork is diverting to Shannon also.

EI875 from Tenerife had a go-around and is now holding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭vswr

I always like the NATS traffic replays..

Storm Isha

Holding stacks everywhere

Just realised they highlighted a Ryanair flight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I was on the second KLM. Two attempts into Cork aborted at about 500ft, was going to go for a third but the winds deteriorated so off to Shannon. Got home at 230am in the end.

KLM (Cityhoppers) Embraers have a lower crosswind tolerance than Airbus/Boeings ones so winds were right on the limit, is what we were told.

I do wonder could smaller jets like that just about land on Corks East-West runway which would have been perfect.

I recall ATR's landing on RWY25 in Cork a few years back during winter storms, but I'm not sure if it's still in operation anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭TheBetsy

I have often wondered this also, but at 4,300 feet maybe its a bit marginal for the Embraers

Per Embraer website, specifications state takeoff field length of c. 4160 feet for both e175 and e190 for 500nm journey and c. 4000 ft stopping distance.

Emerald have used it once or twice I think since commencing Bristol.

Yeah... 4000ft on a windy day with 4300ft runway is really pushing it. And is the aiming point at Foot 0, or at Foot 100? Its probably REALLY close.

Personally I think they should lengthen that runway, but I don't think there is any plan (or even thought) to do that.

Yeah I can imagine it's close, but would a strong headwind not allow for a slower ground speed and hence shorter stopping distance?

Yes, but would regulations let you take that into account on runway length. There would be little to no margin for error in strong winds where you may have to float for a while before touchdown.

I don't know is the honest answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

no planes flying ??? 😁

Very quiet in here !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Is there any ATC feed for Ork these days?

Just back:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2056970797/liveatc-eidw-feed-is-up-and-going-well-donations-to-keep-it-up-would-be-appreciated#latest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

Any news of the Finnair A350 departing from the paint shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

There seems to be an issue with the FlightRadar app, the airline logos are no longer appearing with the planes. Hope they can sort that out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Rwy 25 in ORK was my preferred choice for windy conditions on the ATR. In really strong westerly winds my shortest landing was to land and be able to turn off at taxi-way "B" but more usually turn right onto Rwy 35 (Showing my age wit the 17/35 reference).

The aiming point and hopefully the touchdown point is 300m down the runway.

The performance calculation tables and newer software use 50% of the headwind or 150% of the tailwind to calculate the landing distance. In our case in Aer Arann/ Stobart we had the performance figures for 07/25 and could use it should the winds be out of limits on the main runway. The ground speed of the ATR could be very low in strong headwinds and this reduced our landing roll considerably. The A320's and B737 operating into ORK at that time didn't have the performance figures available so couldn't use the shorter runway.

Short answer is the regs would allow it if the performance figures were available. In the case of landing on a shorter runway then there is no error allowed for floating. Miss the touchdown markers and the performance figures are invalid and now you're a test pilot! On Rwy 25 Ive taken over from an F/O who bounced back into the air after touchdown and carried out a missed approach, there was just no way of knowing how much runway was left to land on...

Very interesting thanks! KLM must not have the performance figures in that case as I've never seen them attempt 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

3 diversions at SNN today, Cargolux 747 this morning with the crew evacuating on the runway closing the airport for 2 hours. A Air France A350 1.5 hours ago and a American 777 just about to land as well as a replacement Cargolux 747 landing 5 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭LimaRomeo990

KLM 772 PH-BQA is on the move in Amsterdam and seems to be heading for Shannon. It’s showing now on FR24

Assuming it’s for training?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Yes in the circuit in SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭10-10-20

They must have had to take out the "snow tractor" in Knock today...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭No Bills

Almost 33,000 people were tracking Taylor Swift's plane on FlightRadar as it came in to land at LAX. That's a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Isn't that due to the lad on X who's posting updates on the plane? But to what point? I don't get it.

Advertisement