Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I agree about the flash backs, probably could have done with them in the first couple of weeks to explain what happened regarding Toadie, Mel and Terese. I think tbf it have improved a little over the last 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

That has to be the most boring episode of Neighbours ever. Why bring Melanie back at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭animalinside

I think it's okay, but it's not Neighbours.

The accidental death trope is a bit too obvious. And it's almost certain that Krista isn't really dead at all, right? It reminds me a bit of those tv movies they had on Channel 5 after Neighbours right now.

Paul having done something nefarious is good, but the way they've tied it in with Terese and Paul splitting means Terese is going to look even more silly going back to him again now which I assume will happen. Why did he leave her at the altar, that was so unnecessary.

It's so different to how it used to be. One of the reasons people liked Neighbours is it was funny and light-hearted compared to the other soaps, you can't say that about how it's been recently. So I'm a bit afraid for its future.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What a whole load of complete sh!te

Has been a bit ridiculous how all the flash back stories tied in with one another and now bringing back some of the old characters again; Mel, Chloe, David, Aaron & Nicolette etc, should have just had them all back from the start, at least Reece is gone, absolutely terrible character and desperate acting from Mischa Barton. Maybe with the return of the older characters it might improve, but, hasn't been great so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Niall_76

You are being very kind saying “a bit ridiculous “.. i wonder what viewing figures have been like. Not great I’d say

I can't see it lasting too long tbh, they really got off on the wrong foot with the Toadie and Therese wedding and hasn't really recovered, the whole flash back storyline was ridiculous.

On another note I think Chloe would have been perfect as Barbie!

That girl playing Nell is very bad, really overplaying the angsty teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pringle queen

Couldn't agree more.. trying way too hard with the facial expressions..

What on earth was that conversation with Andrew and Toadie today where Andrew started suggesting Toadie cared for Melanie and amused at Toadie trying to deny it, seemed very inappropriate.

• Advertisement

Why was it inappropriate? Andrew was in his uniform, but he was definitely speaking as Toadie’s friend. They seemed to get very close in the missing two years. Toadie mightn’t still love Melanie but she still loves him, just like Therese still loves Paul.

As his friend he could question it but Toadie says "why are you looking at me like that?" as he develops this weird smirk like "hah, i know you're in denial". This would be all well and good if they were teenagers dating around but Toadie is a married man and has huge pain towards Melanie. Andrew should respect that and apart from that his reaction should be worried about Toadie for the future if he is right, not amused at all.

April Rose Pengilly says that they're stricter now about following the script, obviously a bad thing and probably due to Amazon's influence - Amazon should really just leave them alone. Still though her positivity about it is great to see.

Post edited by animalinside on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

This has been bugging me all week! Elly reminds me looks-wise of someone else who appeared in Neighbours or Home and Away years ago. Would have been the 90s probably as that's when I watched both shows. But I cant quite place who it was.

She was in Home and away about 15 years ago, think she was Alf's granddaughter, so it might actually be the same person you're thinking of. She's had some work done, so looks slightly different than she did when in Home and Away, plus has gotten older!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I remember her getting caught in some drama to do with cocaine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

That's her though I didn't think I was still watching Home and Away at that point! But definitely the character I was thinking of.

I think Neighbours has been dreadful the last few weeks, since it came back it hasn't been great, it improved slightly for a few weeks, but, has been dreadful again the last few weeks, nothing really interesting happening and now another wedding🙄, Neighbours ended with a wedding, restarted with a wedding and just a few months later another wedding and one planned in the space of a week! Surely the writers can come up with something more original. At the moment there isn't really much happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭SourSessions

The actress playing Elly really doesn't seem to want to kiss Chloe.

• Advertisement

I don't think they work as a couple, they look very awkward together.

Chloe and new Nicolette could work

I think Terese don't fit the show anymore

Paul should get with Krista and Toadie back with Mel

Some speculation that David is being killed off as funeral scenes were filmed

Was thinking the same about Chloe and new Nicolette, they look more natural together, weren't Chloe and old Nicolette a couple?

Krista and Leo will get together and they'll probably pretend Leo is the father to keep Eden out of the picture

Paul and Terese should get back together- they don't really work as well apart

Toadie and Mel should get back together too - there's no point in Mel being around if she doesn't get back with Toadie.

A lot of mismatched couples at the moment which is probably why the show isn't working and feels so disjointed.

It was a big mistake putting Terese with Toadie

I always preferred Therese with Paul, out of any of her partners they were the best match.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I am mulling over whether I should use the fact I was away for a week to cut my losses and stop watching. As others have said the couples in the show now have no chemistry at all. I couldn’t care less what happens with them. Storylines seem rushed and disjointed.

Today was a good example where Sadie and her mom suddenly now have a storyline with Sadie wanting to be a makeup artist and Wendy determined to force her to university. Where's the background, where's the buildup? I thought Wendy as a character was doing okay for a while but now she's really starting to annoy me again. Her applying for her daughter without her permission was just ridiculous.

According to Flixpatrol (which isn't an official source and could be inaccurate) it's number 1 in UK Freevee every week and number 4 worldwide (obviously the majority of those viewers are from the uk):

https://flixpatrol.com/title/neighbours/

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/

This might also include old episodes, as they apparently do it by calculating how often it's shown in Amazon Freevee's top 10 shows. I would imagine a lot of people are responding to how it was almost cancelled for good and are making sure to have it on Freevee (it's on Prime here but episodes are only available week behind RTE). If it gets through this rough patch then hopefully they can fix the mess and make it really good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I have only started watching the new episodes. The new actor who plays Byron looks very like Ringo from the late 2000s. Also he reminds me of the first Johnny Carter in EastEnders. The woman he is sleeping with is the double of Sky Mangle. I was reading that that woman's mother was from Newry.

One of those lesbian women is basically a clone of Amy Robinson with the clothes she wears and being a construction worker.

I don't like the Rodwell family, the mother has a very annoying eccentric personality and the daughter isn't a very good actor.

Anyway, I still look forward to the Home & Away return next week as it is a much better show and has been for the past 10+ years.

New neighbours is pretty poor, very disjointed and rushed storylines, so will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Would agree that Home and Away has generally been the better programme in the last decade or so, but, I think it too has been poor in the last year or two, seems to be a huge turnover of characters and everyone either ends up in hospital or arrested or both! They keep constantly rehashing the corrupt cops storylines, every cop that has come to Summer Bay ends up either being dodgy, having a dodgy love interest or is on the end of police corruption. IMO it has definitely gone downhill recently.

• Advertisement

Tired of seeing Toadie an emotional wreck nearly every episode now.

Toadie had always been a fun, optimistic and resourceful character, and had matured over the years.

Then you had Sonya dying so young, and the whole Dee/Andrea saga, and we saw a different side to Toadie - really harsh and raw emotions, obviously totally understandable and warranted under the circumstances. To see a grown man break down and cry - all the more dramatic because of the contrast to his normal character, and that was potent for me.

Now he apparently has all those same emotions for Mel if for any reason he thinks of her, who only appeared as a regular since September 2021, and he married someone else two years after her. It just doesn't make any sense to me and makes Toadie's strong emotions seem a lot less credible now.

Advertisement