Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millionaire Raffle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Dazler97

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭ottolwinner

No luck on my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

If that pdf above is correct then I missed it by 4 for a 500 euro prize - just 4😀- gutted but look that’s how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I just looked at the Pdf now, I was going to wait till during the day but oh well. I missed by 1 number, 478973 & the next one 478974 won €500... Oh well, congrats to the winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Robert Jackson

My mate Paul's mother in law won this i think it was ten thousand she got if I'm not mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's the luck of the draw, I guess... Though at a quick glance, and I mean a quick glance at this hour, I can see 3 winners in the space of 8 numbers, but I can also see 0 winners in the space of ~300 numbers. That's for the €500 winners. Though, I do question if this electronic draw is truly random.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

closest ticket to mine was 31 away and they got 500 beans but i got sweet fa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

As expected, didn't even get close.

20 away from a prize.

There's always next NYE's draw 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Didn't win anything 🤬😭

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Sounds like you're providing too much information oscar...very detailed like a lie...are you sure you didn't win anything? 😁

Post edited by ruth...less on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Failed again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Zero for me again. Closest was nine tickets away from €500 on a ticket split five ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Won €25 by not buying a ticket 🥸🥸

You can always come up and see my ticket sometime 🤪

So how about you??? Not sure that “didn’t win anything” sounds plausible

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Nothing for me anyway (as usual) , I bought 3 one for niece , wife ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Nothing here this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I came across your post a year ago where you were asking if "we" were sure that anyone actually won a million. Now you "question" if the draw is random. Conspiracy theorist always have "questions".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭apache

Thought there would be more winners. Not bothered now that I forgot to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭phormium

Nothing here either, glad I didn't buy a second one! I should know better at this stage than to buy one in first place!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

50 off 500. Till the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I haven't checked mine yet as I want to live in hope a little longer. 😁

Not as close as you might think. 8,500 winning tickets from 600,000 so in theory if you’re more than 35 out you’re a mile off.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Danny Drier

Total tax on the dim

So there’s a few posters here, some purchased more than one ticket- and not one of us won anything - just shows ya how much the odds are staked against us all.

I was joking about the €1 million winner. But the randomness is a little more serious. It's an electronic programme inputted by humans, that could be interfered with. Be it programmers or hackers. I'm guessing there are certain outputs as an instruction that wouldn't be allowed, like it wouldn't be allowed have say 20 winners in chronological sequence, let alone all winners be from ticket 1-8,499. I'm just saying you wouldn't know what's in the programme.

It's not like watching a drum where you can see the numbers come out before your very eyes. Though even that could be potentially rigged and I am suspicious of. *cough*No winner of the current Lotto jackpot for almost 3 months.*cough* And who can forget when it rolled on for over 6 month without a winner a couple of years ago and was won around early/mid January?

The place you want to live in is called The Nile. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

For a 1000 euro prize I was out by exactly one hundred tickets before me.

The rest of my 14 tickets were absolutely cat. Gaps of about 700 were as good as it got but not for the serious money.

I couldn't be arsed cross referencing how close I came to 500 tbh.

Still, good to see I didn't lose out by one or two, I'd be racking my brains thinking of what eejit in the shop held me up, why I had to have that last drink the night before and be a minute more hungover, and other sliding doors moments I could blame for it.

Unless I'm reading it wrong NOT ONE SINGLE TICKET FROM THE FINAL 100K won a penny.

Not one winner from 500k and above of the tickets.

FFS did the system register these sales at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

As the saying goes "follow the money". Who is doing the rigging, and who is getting money from it?

You also made a false claim about the odds. "The National Lottery with their BS about more prizes. Omitting that your chances of winning any prize are even more remote."

And you introduced a story about people who bought 100 tickets and never won. Was that a joke as well, or can you show evidence?

Advertisement