Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's on the Speedo dash in front of the wheel. Press the top left button on the right of the wheel to scroll through the display options until you find it. Then us the up down switches below the button to see the different ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭obi604

sound. Thank you for taking the time out to reply.

I have the loan of a Ioniq 5 for a couple days. As ye can tell from above posts, I am having difficulties.

went to charge earlier at esb charge point. Actually tried 2 different ones. The 2 were CCS 100kw.

plug it in, tries to initiate charge, then get an error after about 20 seconds. During this 20 seconds the charge port on car makes a series of click noises. Like it’s trying to do something.

note: The actual close button under the charge port seems to do nothing. I have to use the key fob to open and close charge port

I checked battery - settings and dc charger and ac charger are set to 100%.

Schedules seem to be disabled

I am trying to do this purely from the esb e-cars app, I didn’t have the physical card on me but should not make a difference

any ideas what this moron is doing wrong.

some pics attached.

note: I have an esb account and balance is greater than 30 Euro. I own a Nissan leaf so know about charging that particular car

Try holding the charger handle up and pushing in when it's initiating. I've used one or two previously which wouldn't connect without doing that.

Looking at the AC & DC screen I'd say that car is due a software update. Mine looks like this.

mine looks like attached. I don’t entirely get you about holding charger handle up

• Advertisement

Does the car have to be on or off when charging or does it matter.

Scheduled charging is set to OFF - which is good. But the option to even go in and modify it is grayed out, not sure why.

Post edited by obi604 on

The close button on charge port does nothing at all. I tried different things like press down for a second, then for 3 seconds etc Not a thing.

charge port only seems to open via key fob and when car is off and doors closed (I think)

I cannot open the charge port by pressing it from the outside

All seems a bit strange, the fact that physically pressing the ‘close’ button on the charge port does nothing……

then back to the actual real matter at hand……that I can’t charge the bloody car!

Post edited by obi604 on

Is there a granny charger in the car so you can plug it into a normal wall socket? I'm assuming you don't have a home charger installed.

Maybe try a different fast charger if there's one close by. The one last night might have been acting up.

I've to push my flap in fairly hard to make it open and the same to close it with the close button. I'm not sure if there's anything in the settings screen to disable that button though so it should work unless it's damaged.

thanks. I actually tried 3 different fast chargers last night. (2 on 1 unit) then drove to another unit and tried 1 on that and no luck.

was just wondering if anything silly I am doing, but in my basic knowledge of this car, all the settings seem to suggest that it should charge - no schedule set, ac and dc charger set to 100%, balance on my esb account is good.

will try and do the granny charger too, don’t have a suitable home charger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭denismc

When you plug the cable in the car locks it place during charging, the clicking you are hearing is the lock trying to engage, I wonder if the problem there?

As the other poster said try the granny charger and see if that works.

You say you have the loan of the car, is it from a garage or a friend? I would get back to whoever gave you the car and see if they can help.

• Advertisement

the clicking only happens while the esb charger is trying to initiate, (i.e. not immediately after I plug the charger in to the car, at one stage plugged charger in to car, was messing around on phone for a few mins and no clicking, clicking only starts when esb charge trying to initiate)

it’s from a garage.

I guess I can try standard type 2 as well at a public charger.

this EV stuff sometimes can be infuriating.

high level, does the car have to be manually turned off via the ‘EV START/stop’ button in the car for charging to work or does it matter. Or just put car in park and exit car and try and do the charging.

Do you hear a click when you plug the charger into the car?

As I said last night try hold the head of the charging cable tightly into the port on the car when the charger is trying to initiate. There might be a poor connection being made between the car and the charger.

What charger were you using? There might be known issues with that location.

can’t recall a click. I tried your thing, as in just pressed the charging cable in really hard but no luck.

also tired pressing really hard on the open charge port and close charge port button on car and no luck. Did not open.

I was using a 100kw dc charger in Waterford city at 2 locations, esb ones.

Might be worth spinning out to Inver to see will that work.

I would pop into Boland's (assuming they loaned the car to you) and see can they get it to charge, I think they've a 50KW charger around the back.

yeah, tried inver last night and gate locked up.

Yeah, got it in bolands, will have to spin out to them, hopefully they are open today 😬😬

They should be open for at least a half day. No point having the car if you can't charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭denismc

The car should charge regardless of wether it is powered up or not.

That's a really frustrating experience you are having, especially as it is your first time driving the car.

Annoying as fcuk. Here now one final time at Bolton street Waterford as a final test. Have my physical esb card with me this time and still no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

I would say the service dept is closed, but one of the lads may be able to help you.

Sorry to hear of your problems. The charge door is a strange design, the same button inside flap opens and closes it. Its just the flexing of the door that activates the switch. I have read of people putting a sticky pad on inside of door so not so much pressure is needed.

• Advertisement

I was presssing really hard and not a budge

I also note that I have never seen the door handles flick out.

UPDATE - chanced a 22kw type 2 esb and it’s working on this.

Post edited by obi604 on

There's hardly any dirt or anything in either of the bottom two ports on the CCS port on the car?

Edit: do you have a link to the add? Only some of the models had the auto pop out handles.

no link to add. At bolands now, the dc chargers out here are in use by bmw etc and seemingly I can’t test my car on it. . their suggestion then was to go to the DC charger in inver - as if this will change anything

I'd just tell them to keep the car and walk away from the deal. If they can't be bothered helping you now then you can't expect much more when they've actually sold you the car.

Head over to Tom Murphy and see what he has or down to Kia and see if the have an eNiro.

Is Brian there this morning? He is very familiar with the Ioniq 5, he could run through the menus to make sure all set up correctly. But it sounds like all ok there, if charging normally on AC.

Not sure. Now in fairness they are offering me another car.

but not sure if I can get in contact with my insurance crew today, have to start ringing them now.

Is it a new Ioniq 5 you are buying? You should be able to do a temporary transfer of your insurance online.

With the AA as a broker. They not open except for breakdowns. Trying to ring the underwriting insurance company now, on hold, transferred to manager etc.

Insurance finally sorted. Have got another Ioniq 5.

at Bolton street and charging away fine at first attempt.

So obviously some issue with the other car.

charging rate seems a bit crap. Am I reading that right at 32kW

• Advertisement

Haven't used that new Charge point, but is there another car charging as well? If so it probably splits the speed. Also I presume your battery is cold

Advertisement