Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millionaire Raffle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Ginger83

No luck unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

2 losers here too 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Had six tickets this year but won nothing.

Another years working I guess but still up overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

No luck.

And my flu has led to a chest infection

Go me!!!!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

Had an early ticket (064xxxx) but zip! Looked like a lot of later numbers, didn’t realise there were 490k+ sold.

oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

No luck again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭ofcork

No luck here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Another year of nothing. I keep telling myself I'm not going to get suckered in again, but I know I will next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Nope nada here

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was gifted 2, one bought early, one late. Nothing on either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

No joy here. I was given one as a Christmas Gift, from the rebel County where the winning one was bought, but not my one 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I said last year was my last time buying one. I've bought so many of them over the years and never won a damn thing. I didn't buy one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

4 tickets no luck sadly.

I'll have another go next year, If I'm still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Double checking post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

How the hell do they get away with only paying out 5ish million on 12.5m revenue.

Especially with their mantra of 90% of revenues going back to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,793 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There is no guarantee that they will get €12.5 million revenue. There have been draws in the past where all the tickets did not sell, but they had to pay out the same prizes as if it sold out. That makes it different from the other games which allocate the 90% of whatever comes in with no risk. But in overall Lottery revenues it is only a minor thing, which does not alter the 90%.

Prizes

There are 6,618 prizes in total and six prize levels ranging from €500 up to €1,000,000 – that makes this year’s Millionaire Raffle the richest ever!

The total value of all prizes available to win in the Game is €5.210 million, the biggest ever Millionaire Raffle prize fund, which means that the likely proportion of the proceeds of the Game which are expected to be paid in prizes is 41.69%. The likely proportion of the proceeds of the Game is calculated based on sell out of all tickets. The actual proportion of proceeds paid in prizes may vary depending on the actual sales volume.

How is National Lottery revenue distributed?

From the last available financial report in 2021, sales of National Lottery games amounted to €1.053 Billion. 90% of all revenue was returned to communities in the form of prizes, Good Causes and retailer’s commission:

Record €585.9 million in prizes. (56%) 

€304 million raised for Good Causes. (29%) 

€55.3 million paid in commission to retailers. (5%) 

Cost of operating the National Lottery, including operating profit was approximately 10% of sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I've been playing a few years at this stage and it's always sold out. I think they can take it that it will going forward. 41% payout is a joke.

I did not rely only on my memory, although I knew that what I posted was correct. I checked the winning numbers in previous draws to prove it. It sold out in 2020, 2021 and 2022 when the winnining numbers went up as far as 499xxx. But not in 2018 (438xxx) nor 2019 (443xxx) Your memory is faulty.

You asked before how they are getting away with it. Because it is getting more popular and it is what the people vote for with their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭homenotaway

Had a share in 5 tickets, won nothing. Know others who were gifted tickets and won nothing either.

Been buying tickets for a few years now and nothing. Does anyone know anyone who won something?

The next draw will be 31 December 2023. After selling out 500,000 tickets for a few years in a row, they have upped it to 600,000. There will be 8,131 prizes whether or not it sells out. If it sells out there will be nearly 592,000 losing tickets.

https://www.lottery.ie/draw-games/millionaire-raffle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Upping their margin more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Actually bought my first today- didn't realise they would be out so early.

Was number 10xxx so plenty sold already.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭ottolwinner

Are they still €25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

bought one for the inlaws. - 026xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

bought one today for pressie, its up to 101k now, last year if i recall they had a lot sold at this point so take up is slow this time.

I hope it is so slow that it won't sell out. That will give us with tickets better odds of winning. I bought mine on 05 December 069xxx.

Nothing on the thread for December 2022, but in December 2021 087xxx on the 8th, 268xxx on the 20th, and sold out before Christmas. That was 500,000 tickets, it is 600,000 tickets maximum in this draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭ottolwinner

Bought one the other day 108xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gezzerkin

Got one today 165xxx. their not selling as fast as I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Well jayzuz ya can stop posting here for a start and given it free publicity 🤪

• Advertisement

My plan now is when it sells out I'll put mine on EBay for €50. People go mad for stuff they can't get.

Advertisement