Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

yes shamefully.

for them tonight will be seen as a big success. they will be delighted, high-fiving themselves, emboldened, and no doubt planning their next outing.

the institutions of the state need to get to them before they become trendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Off you go to Hungary so.

Shut the door on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭gotaf

A lot of people in Dublin City are concerned about far right loons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Already we can see far right gaslighting going on on the thread, falsely trying to spin the narrative it was just some property impacted in tonights violent riot. And taking a stand makes that excusable.

A stand to protect women and children?

Dont make me laugh. Zero concern only contempt shown for citizens regardless of age or gender caught up in the violent riot. They werent being protected but terrorised.

Proof positive it is a big lie.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Protecting women by making it difficult to get to the Rotunda.

Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

None of this is "far right" or "Shin Fein" or any that kind of simplistic bollocks you'll see knocking around this site. The riotous behaviour we saw tonight in town is just pure scumbaggery, pure and simple. It's little shits looking to take advantage of an appalling situation to engage in their own appalling activities.

There should have been a forceful clampdown on it by the Gardai and they were, largely, nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A deliveroo driver who used his helmet I think, a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

It's actually surprising how much of our Health Service is provided by immigrants, from the cleaners up to the surgeons.

I know GPs are mostly Irish but the hospitals are all foreigners.

Loads of home carers also, nursing home staff.

Do you think any of the rioters tonight will work in nursing homes or hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

And what do you think that is to achieve if so ?

Making sure we don't vote for The Others in the next GE ?

Hardly showing that FG/ FFare the parties of Law and Order now , are they?

Not after dropping this ball .

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

For all those lamenting the poor shops and poor behaviour, sparked by a knife rampage on children, it is simply the very expected result of cumulative actions.

Equivalent to lacing a house with petrol, accelerants, bottles of gas, leaving open wiring sparking away, ovens on, faulty switches...and then it bursts into flame.

And along come the cranial bereft to point at the fire and scold it "stupid fire, why do it fire and be hot, why can't fire be go away, fire be illegal it should, lock up fire!"

As if there's any point criticising the precise result of all the actions every one of you loved to ignore and downplay for years upon years.

What's that? The reaping of what you sowed? Well, I never.

Keep criticising the fire though, it'll do a lot a good. It'll be good practice for the bigger ones coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭daiymann 5

They were created by society free houses free dole free everything getting jealous of refugees so start a riot scenes from tonight are all around the world and shows what a kip the country has become

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Acosta

If the far right was that big, I'd be genuinely worried, but they're not. They were of course involved in organising the initial protests and would have been causing trouble around town, but It looked like most of the disturbing scenes were caused by young feral scrotes.

Far right agitators might well see this as a success, but it will probably turn more people against them than anything else. And could spell the end the Guards softly approach to how they've been dealing with them in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭thegame983

Bring back hobbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

So you reckon we should insert a question on the new citizens application form asking if they intend to " eventually attack defenseless children coming out of school at lunchtime "? I would ask are you for real but I fear you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Scare the middle class about the rise of SF.

Fear is powerful.

The alternative is that they let the riot happen for a couple of hours for it to use up it's energy and burn out. Then send in the riot police.

Is that a tactic used in other countries? Maybe it is.

Our Gardai are trained by other police forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

I grew up through the Troubles and can say with confidence that every time a reaction like this happened it was in part genuine outrage and mostly opportunistic chaos and ALWAYS detrimental. This is the same.

What happened today was horrendous. What happened tonight did nothing positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Meet_Yur_Maker

Pyramid scheme nonsense 👀

What youre describing is a problem with neo-liberalism. Its not with Immigrants. Funny how Ireland was stab central decades ago. FYI No sign of immigrants then! Yes, I see the regression like everybody else. Although we just watched the UK population go through the biggest financial heist in history and nobody, noooobody there or here, has a problem with it. But lets blame the ones escaping war and trying their best when they arrive because we dont have the cash to fund our services… and mostly because sometimes they have humans that can snap, just like us too, lets not pretend thats an easy experience, the whole getting here and running from whatever it is youre running from.

Until the politicians we have are forced to change, the situation wont at all and we will continue as such. Why arent people really protesting? Really? If life is so **** and tough and expensive for everyone, why arent they protesting? Cause theyre too busy blaming everything else. ‘Somebody else has to do it’ is literally the battle cry of this generation.

Choosing populist nonsense wont change this either, theyll just look after themselves like every other one-the sick hilarity of Donnie Trump having a live call spreading **** saying people died in Ireland, like he gives a ****, and… Connor mc…fuckin .gregor…. only proves its on absolutely all sides.

Everybody is complaining, everybody has it tough, some more so than others but theyre pinning it on everything else. And yet people make excuses for the likes of tonight in the name of eutopia and lack of getting off your hole and creating your own path. Then, when theyve settled themselves into free loading they blame it on everybody else like theyre the tough one, with theyre huge TVs and material bollocks. Yet moral code is gone out the window just in the name of getting likes and choosing sides while free speech is now an illusion where Donald **** Trump is the man Live streaming about Ireland, stoking a fire, like an opportunistic c u next tuesday and idiots in Ireland cheering him on.

• Video of that unfortunate Garda who had his bike stolen off him and thrown into the Liffey by the scrotes.

https://x.com/_IanAdams/status/1727848584224104912?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

"What happened tonight did nothing positive"

This is what I was saying above, you wouldn't criticise a fire itself that burned down a home, you'd criticise everything that lead up to that fire.

An awful lot of people are essentially saying that the ensuing chaos is bad because its chaotic.

Eyes are completely on the wrong subject, and as long as attention is turned on the wrong subject, you can bet therell be more numerous, bigger, and more frequents events like these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

This is just fucking dumb.

Scumbags using the stabbing of innocent people to indulge in shitty behaviour is no excuse. They're pieces of shit looking for a reason, any reason, to cause trouble. What, exactly, have these little fuckers done tonight that hasn't caused more problems?

They've done nothing but engaged in self indulgent and wanton "chaos".

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Grassy Knoll

Big hospital concentration in Dublin 1. Imagine being a non national staffer trying to make their way home thru that to their family after a long shift … literally terrified for their lives no doubt. perhaps some of them even after caring for the poor children brutally attacked by the criminal perpetrator earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

This 100%

Anyone who thinks that the rioting has anything to do with politics must lead a very sheltered life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Why are people responding to the incredibly obvious troll in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrsmalooly

Fair enough, I respect your opinion. I remember the feeling of fear as my uncle would check our car underbody before we set on our homeward bound journey with our southern reg after visits up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

free speech is now an illusion where Donald **** Trump is the man Live streaming about Ireland

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Amazing the amount of posts deleted here this evening and people banned.

One could be on one page then come back a while later and refresh and totally different page with most deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

How about if your local skangers decided to take advantage of said chaos to sow more by burning your car in the driveway and breaking all the windows in your gaff before making off with anything valuable that isn't nailed down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I really hope you are not taking the pvss ...he is a hero .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement