Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

roast veg, burrata with honey and toasted walnuts along with some focaccia, sliced up fruit, French onion dip, for a picky dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭con747

Bacon eggs and Halloumi made last week in the Air Fryer oven and eggs fried.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

^^^^^

Jack Spratt 😜

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Spicy noodles

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I had a belated salmon sandwich and a can of coke 🙈 Put off having lunch for too long as we were waiting for some tradespeople to arrive to do work in the house and didn't want to be in the middle of lunch when they arrived. Bad idea 🙈 I don't normally drink much coke, but needed it to try and feel somewhat normal...

• Advertisement

Some of my usuals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chickpea/tahini mash, rocket, feta and carrot/cucumber. Trying to be a little healthier this week. Not bad at all tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

A very nice chicken fillet burger which I didnt take a picture of. But Spanish spiced rubbed - paprika, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds blended. With homemade fig ancho bbq sauce.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Bit of a 'what is left in the fridge' lunch while working from home today, not bad at all. None of it home made unfortunately.

Spicy couscous

Broccoli, kale and quinoa salad

beetroot

Pickled gherkin

Chicken slices

Had some decent tomatoes to use up, what better than BLTs.

• Advertisement

Some chicken pittas. Tikka marinated chicken thigh, cucumber, feta, some yoghurt.

I have no idea why it insists on putting the upside down.

Bagels.

My ma dropped over for lunch, homemade hummus (with some roasted peppers thrown in as well as the normal stuff) with some stuff to dip in the and some toasted pittas. Had some courgette grilled too but at this point I had forgotten about it and nearly burnt the **** out of them. Simple but pretty damn tasty all things considered.

First time I've managed to make decenly textured hummus at home.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

If you are using canned chickpeas, it is worth simmering them for 20 minutes first. Makes the hummus smoother, although sometimes I prefer the more grainy texture.

Mix of both. Mostly pre-soaked and boiled dried chickpeas that I cooked a few days ago, but mixed with one tin of chickpeas and some of the water from the can (and the usual olive oil, garlic, lemon etc). I initially thought it would be too smooth/liquidy, but it worked well after letting it cool in the fridge for a while.

Fennel apple salad. Lemon and orange zest, parsely and some parmesan shavings. Lemon olive oil dressing. Not bad actually, though I suspect I'll be hungry around five or clock or so.

Bacon eggs and boxty with half it in a bun.

Fried up the leftover chorizo and had it with some lemon/parmesan green beans.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Despite the fact I did not make this myself, I had to share this beautiful lunch. Seafood Poké Bowl at Strandhill People's Market...absolutely delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fried potatoes with poached eggs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

They're poached? Wow

Yeah, water wasn’t deep enough so the tops stayed yellow. 🤪

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am absolutely loving the yolks, drool here

Thanks. Get yourself some of these puppies. Amazing yolks everyday. 😉

Tuna tomato on toast.

Fennel, apple and mandarin salad. Bit of goats cheese and chimichurri thrown in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Filthy steak sambo with leftover roasted rib

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

That looks divine

• Advertisement

My traditional dirty breakfast sandwich had for lunch, three/four hashbrowns and two fried eggs. Lots of salt, pepper and butter. I don't have them very often, but man. It really does it for me.

Advertisement