Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 21 - Brazil - Interlagos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭thefa

It’s my favorite. Love Spa and the Red Bull Ring too. Silverstone is good but probably the most overrated.

Some great racing in this. Ricciardo not quite having enough car to stick off the Sainz moves. Has probably helped secure Yuki 7th though. Some lovely moves by Hamilton and Alonso so far.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 638 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the Merc debriefing room

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Wow, both AT got past very early there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Croft wondering if the DRS is too powerful when Yuki passes Hamilton… Eh no, Hamilton killed his tyres is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Alpha Tauri only 10 points behind Williams in the constructors for 7th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,637 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that was a very enjoyable 24 laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Another lap and Hamilton could have been 9th it was so close at the end.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭markw7

'Sex in your teens' is the best description for that - very enjoyable but over far too quickly. I think the sprints should be at least 50% race distance, if they needed to change tyres that would have been even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Disappointed for Lando but that was a poor turnout from the Mercs. Great race for AT though, Danny Ric having a very positive effect.

Big weekend for Checo if this is a sign of things to come tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 638 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

And I think Charles did the old lift mid corner to back Lewis into Yuki

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Enjoyable sprint that.

Are sky being paid to big up the sprint format though? Brundle and Crofty banging on about it the whole time...

Schiff isn't great at the auld interviews

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Toto not impressed with that performance, rightly so. The best Merc was 25 seconds behind Max in a 24 lap race. Maybe they’ll do better tomorrow in the main race.

Tomorrow looks like another Max v Lando battle for the win going on todays pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭markw7

Don't think she's cut out for much tbh - blantant favouritism (Hamilton), shite dress sense that's too distracting and not much insight to my mind.

The best line-up for me is Bernie, Karun and Rosberg.

I think she's good, except when discussing Hamilton.

Rosberg shouldn't be anywhere near the screen though, he's pants.

I'll take Natalie hosting, Jenson, Karun and Bernie as panel and Crofty/Brundle on comms

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Toto seemed well pissed off with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Apparently he fell out with someone called Rosanna 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

They were talking about it but they werent exactly endorsing it. You take out pitstops and tyre strategy out of a race, there's a lot less to discuss too.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't care what she wears to be honest but she doesn't really add much to the conversation unlike Karun or Collins. She asked the drivers in the press conference do they like the sprint races, that is piss poor questioning

I wouldn't care what she wears to be honest but she doesn't really add much to the conversation unlike Karun or Collins. She asked the drivers in the press conference do they like the sprint races, that is piss poor questioning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Thought Sky were overly-endorsing the sprint too. Not a negative word to say about it despite almost all drivers recognising it at least needs a major overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

The tyres remaining.

Most will be doing a two stopper.

I'm taking it Hamilton and Russel Plan A will be a One stopper.

And Ferrari Plan E will be a three stopper.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I just watched the Sprint race. Don't know why I bothered it was over as soon as it started at the first corner and it was one of the most boring races ever. We could hace had an exciting qualifying session on Saturday the way its meant to be but instead it's was a stupid boring sprint race weekend. Time for these to end. They are ruining whole F1 weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Did you watch all the sprint or just 3 minutes of highlights. There was plenty going on especially half way through when tyres started to go off, definitely better than some races to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I did I watched the Sky Highlights on Sky Showcase.

I found it boring. Maybe because it was not live and not a real race I just don't care about it.

Hopefully the actual race today will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Time to move on from the sport if you didn't enjoy that sprint race.

Sure it was too short, but there's as much driving for a sprint as there is in qualifying, and we know the sprint is only 1/3 of the full race.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I'd agree with what Brundle was saying that he'd rather watch a sprint than practice. I do think the format needs to be changed and make it more beneficial to the teams lower down the grid

• Advertisement

It was a very exciting race to be fair, just not for the win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement