Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 ODI Cricket World Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭MFPM

South Africa win by 1 wicket. Big victory for them. They easily could have lost that, maybe they have that bit of steel previous SA teams have lacked...Pakistan are a frustrating watch, so good at times but utterly inconsistent. That's them done most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Pakistan lost it with the bat, were probably 20 short and bowled out in the 47th over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Good to have a dramatic finish for a change. Pakistan a bit unlucky not to get the on field decision for that Haris Rauf ball that was umpire’s call. It looked good live to me. South Africa will be very relieved to escape out of that.

Rumours of Australia’s demise have been greatly exaggerated, 388 batting first against New Zealand. Travis Head back in the team after a broken hand made 109 off 67 balls opening with Warner. Good late cameos from Maxwell, Inglis and Cummins got them almost to 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's like teams are almost allergic to 400 in this tournament. A couple of 399s so far, Australia should have got there easily today.

• Advertisement

Only switched on the game between Aus and NZ, Australia definitely growing into the tournament another huge score. NZ going well in reply, Australia favourites though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Great match, pity New Zealand couldn't get the win.

Is it just me or does Kane Williamson really resemble Charles Stewart Parnell these days?

Was a great game 388 vs 383. I thought the Aussies would underarm the last ball, wouldn't have surprised me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭VillaMad

After a fairly turgid World Cup so far, brilliant to see two great games in two days.

Look like the current top 4 will remain the top 4 but still an outside chance for Sri Lanka or Pakistan perhaps to break into it. Hopefully it goes down to the wire to keep a bit of excitement in the tournament.

Incredible game. What a talent New Zealand have in Ravindra. All the shots and the right temperament. And fitness, looked fresh at the end when we’ve seen so many cramping up.

Top four looks sorted now, order might change but don’t see anyone else getting in there.

• Advertisement

Bangladesh must be the worst team on reputation, they are a rabble, no improvement never get close to upsetting bigger sides, and surrender loads of games without any fight, nicknamed the tigers, bit should be the donkeys, because they play like donkeys every time I watch them, will only get worse because Tamim Iqbal retired, their only proper player. Saqib from time to time as well, but I wouldn't mind playing them every week, they fall into the same traps every time, it's like watching the road runner. 70/5 chasing 230 vs Netherlands

70/6 now, they have rage quit again like a spoilt teenage gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,867 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Someone should tell Van Meekeren… you won’t catch the ball if you are not going to look at it. What sort of an effort was that ? Not a difficult catch….. he was gesturing that the floodlights were in his eyes but….. hmmmm.

Part of me thinks that this is not entirely unexpected, England with nothing to play for decide to perform and India by a distance the best team in the tournament decide to have a bit of a stinker. Woakes having his best game so far, Kohli out for 0 despite being in great form..Early days though, India 78/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rpirl

Darn, no more games in either Chennai or Dharamsala, definitely two of the snazzier venues

Sharma finally gone so it gives England a chance, assuming they can put a half-decent innings together themselves

That sumar kumar whateverhescalled dude played a stupid shot, he's overhyped like all the Indians, but has no brain, just a T20 slogger. 4 overs left, in with the rabbits and he does that. If you based his reputation on hype you would think he's good, but I think that's based on the top 3 getting starts and him slogging at the end. If they are I trouble he wouldn't be my bet to get them out of it, flat track bully. England will still mess this up

An eminently gettable target for England in most circumstances but given how they've batted to date, it's not a given.

England 30/2...

• Advertisement

Shambolic. England 40/4 Stokes 0, Root 0..

I was just typing that England can still do this, only need 5 an over and then Buttler falls! 52/5.

81/6 Ali gone.

It was swift when it came. England all out for 129, defeat by 100 runs...terrible performance by them, they bowled well but once more their batting is all over the place, they seem so unsure of themselves, the confidence of the Ashes a distant memory...the Stokes return hasn't worked, Brooke hasn't delivered despite all the lobbying for him and wasn't even in the team today, even Root looks lost. India were excellent with the ball and will take some beating.

Good win for Afghanistan yesterday, the donkeys doing their usual, 27/3 vs Pakistan, ridiculous load of stiffs

That was a great performance by Afghanistan. How they lost to Bangladesh I don’t know. Two points there and they’re right in the mix. As it is they have to beat Australia and South Africa. Wouldn’t count them out yet. They’ll be hoping a bit of professional pride kicks in for England and they take points off Australia and Pakistan.

How is Rob Key anything to do with selecting players for England, a fat alcoholic who was dropped because he could barely walk, lecturing players on fitness and behaviour? He had a stroke after his retirement, unsurprisingly as is isn't the most healthy man in the world, and that part is unfortunate, but hardly a surprise, how has he so much influence for a middle of the road player who sauntered through his career with barely any effort?

Another big total for NZ to chase, bowling maybe not as effective as it was four years ago

They are definitely better suited to English conditions, tough for their seamers in India, 67/4 now, unravelling

• Advertisement

100/6 now. SA looking like real contenders, NZ struggling after an excellent start to the tournament. I suspect they'll still make the semis with SL and Pakistan to come and teams outside the top 4 will also take points of each other.

Advertisement