Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying an imported Honda Fit/Jazz

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭corks finest

If there’s an immobiliser and alarm on it

and it’s not changed in any way other than it’s description on the web

can’t see any problems ref insurance

I’d bet if you do your homework and shop around

you’ll get insurance through a broker ref Allianz or whomever gives you a decent deal

😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭goochy

look out for one parked up and check the disc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Tantalum73

A word of warning from personal experience , a lot of Japanese imports come with non "E" marked tyres when imported . Not having an E mark on tyres is a failure at NCT , but some dealers or sellers will have a spare set of E marked tyres to get in through the NCT when imported and switch back on the non E marked tyres afterwards leaving the new owner with a tyre bill the next time it is tested .

When buying , make sure the car comes with E marked tyres !

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭POBox19

Just failed NCT for no E marks. I bought the 2014 import Golf with a clean NCT 8 months ago. Good set of Bridgestones on it. Turns out none of the tyres now have an E mark, but no mention of that on the 2023 NCT cert that came with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭User1998

Thats because the seller/dealer changed the wheels around for the test and re fitted the original ones after the test.

I need to borrow a set of Golf wheels for an hour! (Only joking)

Post edited by POBox19 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭User1998

Its kind of mad, I see some of the biggest dealers in Dublin arriving to the NCT centre with wheels that are clearly not staying on the car and then selling the car with illegal tyres. I’m not sure if you care, but technically your insurance could be null and void if you got into an accident because the tyres are essentially illegal. A tyre shop will charge you €50 to change the wheels over twice, so you might be better off just buying four part worn tyres for €150 to be safe.

Its annoying because the Japanese tyres usually have good thread and are almost always Michelin, Pirelli etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My mother has a deposit down on a 2019 Fit. Haven't heard that before re the note above re the tyres.

Must check my own import, 2018 Vezel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The guy I bought from pointed out he'd change them to E marked ones. Wasn't charged for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is this what we are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 trindade

I almost purchased a Fit 1.5 to 2 years ago for my wife… It is a great car and many many years ago I had a Honda Jazz (first generation). I can say it's a very spacious, comfy and reliable car. But I wasn't able to get a decent insurance quote. I got a quote for over 2.5k with a broker, while I wasn't able to quote online or to transfer my insurance (liberty didn't accepted the car). My wife had to put an extra 6k in a car and purchased a Corolla.

Im on my 5 th import hybrid this week ,never one issue tbf,

Cars all spotless,all flied the nct,

All came with good tyres,but I've noticed the add I've been looking at has a few discrepancies ref description,

Going up to Dublin To look at 3 imports ( old_ 2014 and 17 2,)

Alloys on car description but reckon the garage have whipped them off and flogged them,but I'll wait till the bargaining point to mention that,

Difference in price by shopping in Dublin compared with Cork city is a bloody disgrace,

Locals gouging constantly,

Have only bought one locally in over 40 years

It's maddening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭goochy

Don't forget some dealers in Dublin running laundry businesses . Easy to sell cheap . That's coming from a dub

Advertisement