Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Repeat meetings to be avoided if possible so no Cork V Kerry in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Soory I don't follow. I'm positing a semi-final line-up of Kerry v Monaghan, Dublin v Cork. I don't see any repeat pairings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Sorry, my bad. As a Corkman, happy not to see Kerry for as long as possible 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I just don't see Galway doing anything noteworthy against Limerick this weekend. Limerick for how 'poor' they've been this year just have the 1 loss from a brutally tough Munster Championship againt Clare by 1 point (which they avenged anyway when it mattered most).

In my eyes, Galway have really flattered to deceive.

Big on Limerick straight win @1/2 (Betvictor) and a small bit on the -3 handicap @23/20 with the same bookmaker

Clare vs Kilkenny is an absolute avoid betting. Wouldn't be surprised with any result. Another time, I'd potentially look at Clare alternative handicap betting because they could end up winning by 8 or 9 on a great day, but I won't bother.

Camogie Sun 09 July

Cork vs Kilkenny

Cork have been pretty poor for the bones of 2 years now with this Management team, and I think they've actually gone even more backwards now.

Pure lucky to win Munster in 2022 and just got to the AI Final by default really (losing by a point to KK)

This year they were comfortably beaten by Waterford in Munster, lost to Galway in the League final, lost to Galway in their Round Robin AI match by 3 points, beat a Down team who aren't near this level and beat Clare comfortably in fairness to them. I think Cork just need a massive refreshing of things.

KK probably can be considered a bit disappointhing this year too with a poor-ish League and I think an ok Round Robin AI which featured a miracle comeback for Wexford against them for the draw and a draw against a solid Tipp team when both were essentially through anyway. Perhaps a lot can be attributed to a bit of an All-Ireland winning hangover from 2022.

Anyhow..I'd have been pricing this at 10/11 both ways, so 15/8 on KK is nice. Cork have 3 losses in a row in Croke Park (League Final 2023, AI Final 2022, AI Final 2021.

Decent bet on KK + 2 @ 10/11

Smaller bet on KK straight win @ 15/8

Very small then for the Draw @7/1

Just don't fancy Cork here (could end up eating my words!)

• Advertisement

Cork win by 1!

Payout on KK+2 at least! Whoever Cork get in semi final I’ll be on those opponents probably

Galway evens straight win

Big bet

Galway HT/FT 9/4 medium bet

Nibble on Waterford to beat Tipp 3/1

Far closer match than the price suggests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

• Advertisement

Waterford win but Galway lose. Genuinely wasn’t expecting that!

Waterford sneaky bet for final probably

Post edited by callaway92 on

What bets are people doing for the AI final? I'm finding this game impossible to call. Leaning slightly towards Kerry but Dublin are at home and Brosnan gone now.

Tough market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I had a look at @laoisman11 rankings to see what his prediction model would spit out and with home advantage taken into account he has it as a draw. Bookies have it -1 on the handicap for Kerry.

I think Kerry will need a lead of 4+ on the 60 min mark if they're to win it because we all know dublin are lethal down the stretch.

Could be value in the draw? I might have a nibble on Sean O Shea fgs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I've a slight inkling for Dublin so 5/4 seems like decent value, will just be a small enough bet though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Clifford anytime goalscorer boosted to 5/2 with 365

Kerry ht Dublin ft at 9/2 pp

Each team to score a goal in each half at 18/1 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Both teams to be awarded a penalty 22/1

small bet for interest

slippy conditions

Small bets on Con over 2.5, Clifford over 5.5 and Mccarthy for motm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2024 All Ireland

Kerry 15/8

Dublin 9/4

Galway 7/1

Derry 7/1

Mayo 9/1

Tyrone 16/1

Armagh 25/1

Cork 40/1

Any tips for weekend's club action?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Crotta have not won kerry hurling title with 55 years and are not favourites against nighbours Lixnaw but have some great players and most think they will do it .I went with crotta lifting the cup at odds 2.38 .Match live fron Tralee on tg4

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gaa goes

Bet of the weekend in my local county Clare senior hurling championship is Scariff to beat Inagh Kilnamona this evening. Boylesports were offering 10/3 for Scariff but that price has been snapped up and are now 5/2 with PP and 2/1 with boylesports. Scariff are one of Clare's exciting young teams. They were U21 champions last December and the likes of Mark Rodgers and Patrick Crotty along with Keelan Hartigan, Patrick Ryan and they have Donal Moloney as part of the East Clare club management team.

Inagh Kilnamona have the likes of David Fitzgerald, Conner Hegarty but crucially are missing Aidan McCarthy and that could be huge. Questions marks remain over manager Louis Mulqueen and whether the players are fully buying into his methods.

The team that works harder and prepared to put in the blocks, hooks and tackles will be victorious by 8:15 this evening. The weather here in Ennis is very showery so that is something to bear in mind ahead of any bets this evening.

But to me Scariff have huge potential and I fancy them to upset the odds and not only make it 2 wins out of 2 but to inflict a second defeat of the campaign against the 2021 Canon Hamilton runners-up

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gaa goes

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Super stuff well done

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jack747

Plenty of club action on this weekend. Anyone have any fancy's in their local championship?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Wolfe Tones 5/2 with PP to beat Ratoath in the Meath SFC seems quite high. Ratoath needed a last minute goal to win their quarter final against Dunshaughlin and also lost their last group game convincingly. Wolfe Tones have a good mix of young and experienced players and were the last team to beat Ratoath in the knockouts on their way to winning the championship in 2021.

Otherwise, Summerhill are 15/8 to win the championship outright and they've been by far the most impressive team so far (they finished top of Tones' group). They should have way too much for Donaghmore/Ashbourne in the other semi final. Only concern with them is their recent record in finals where they've lost four of the last six finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

I’ll take two mile house at 13/8 to beat castledermot in the Kildare IFC semi at 4pm

TMH wont beat Castledermot. Castledermot a cut above every team in the IFC in Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Advertisement