Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin dail protests - read OP before posting

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Assuming that is a true story, we must not overlook all of the other protesters who were there from across the entire political spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,146 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Children going to Disney land are 'extremely enthusiastic" - see the difference?

Anyway, I asked you what you considered 'behaving appallingly' with regards to a protest. Kind of telling you ignored the question and changed the terminology pretty drastically

Post edited by Princess Consuela Bananahammock on

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Annd9

Just look at their "leader" Gavin Pepper, goes on like he was born and bred in Finglas and represents the entire community. Always fails to mention he grew up and went to a decent school in Marino.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There's no doubt local people 'do' show up at these anti-refugee protests but they are frequently organised on social media by outside agitators (but then the agitators then try and spin it that the local community organised the protest and that it was organic, knowing full well that is a lie).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Neither. I find it hard to believe Jesus existed at all as hes written about in the Bible due to the complete lack of any evidence. Likely there was a Rabbi called Jesus, or maybe two, at that time. The rest is bullshit.

And no, standing by religious beliefs doesn't equate to integrity considering religion is nonsense to begin with. A lot of it is quite evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭TokTik

I think that was the point of the protest. They are blatantly NOT representing their constituents. They are representing Ukraine, the EU, vulture funds and MNCs.

I doubt the vast majority of people at that protest would considder the person you mentioned to be their leader. I think your difficulty may lie in the fact that they don`t considder Leo Varadkar, Michael Martin or Mary Lou their leaders either.

The entire spectrum of public opinion were arrayed against the political establishment. If there were anti refugee people there, they were just a small part of it.

Well Jesus in the bible was not a Rabbi. Crucifixion was quite common back in the day. I find nothing implausible about a crowd of people calling for his crucifixion a couple of days after he turned the tables in the temple. The Roman soldiers seemed to think he was a self proclaimed King of the Jews so they would have had little compunction about carrying out their orders. After all, it was probably something they did routinely. Besides, there are four gospels, there is only one of you.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It wasn't a protest! It was a load of right wing troublemakers gathering with their weak minded followers framed to be a protest but clearly with the intention getting a reaction from the Gardai and the politicians so they can claim whatever opressive bullsh*t they usually spout. However, there was no clear organisation behind it. There was no clear protest topic (just anti-everything).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,196 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Besides, there are four gospels, there is only one of you.

That's the daftest justification for religious belief I've heard yet.

Congratulations.

There are 7 Harry Potter books so they must be even truthier than the gospels.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

It doesn`t matter who organizes a protest. If a local person shows up to join the protest, they are doing so of their own free will.Their opinion is as valid as the organizer`s, with whom they agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,978 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

😂 Intimidation, screaming abuse, throwing bottles of piss, hanging up pictures of politicians in a gallows with a dummy hanging (effectively calling for murder) is not minor scuffles

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

🤣🤣🤣 Jaysus - You really are going on a crusade to pretend that far right people are not far right. Pull the other one.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Stephen Manning is a far right nutjob. End of story.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,146 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

... none of which were written by anyone who lived at the same time as Jesus...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement