Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mazda 6 diesels 2015 and later

Options
  • 25-09-2023 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

are there diesel offerings reliably, looking at possibly a 2.2 diesel 2015 or later. They had one diesel engine 2010ish was a disaster to put it mildly IIRC.

is their any relation to Ford Mondeo in the Mazda 6, there was in the past

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭mk7r

Still absolute garbage, avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

We had a 2015 or 2016 cx5 2.2d on the work fleet, car was returned to Mazda successfully, it did it's normal thing of eating its own engine. Same engine in the 6.

Pity, they were lovely looking cars but wouldn't go near one for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

what causes the problems, Im good at the ontime servicing, I see some with high mileage on donedeal

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 2.2 litre Mazda diesel engine is a very unreliable engine, has a major design flaw that can be fatal. They never improved so buy one at your own peril.

The Mazda 6 or it's diesel engine has no connection to the Mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I forget exactly but something to do with the engine mixing the fuel and the lubricating oil somehow. Plenty of threads here from years gone by I'm sure a wealth of info still available online too.

Massive, massive problems with them. Read up on it but no real reason to buy one over any other car from same era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you also look at donedeal you will see a large amount of adverts for Mazda 2.2 diesel engine rebuild services.

As I said buy one at your own peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I had one of those Mazda RF series engines eat itself. Basically, you get borewash, which ends up ruining the crankshaft, and occasionally you get run-away syndrome and the engine eats itself.

Not even good enough for a boat anchor - avoid.

Now, a petrol one would be a completely different proposition completely.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

are there fixes that are done in such a rebuild to prevent the problems reoccurring

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 638 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Why take the risk? Its not like its a Ferrari, plenty of other choices.

Advertisement