Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Qrt

no fees is right, they're not allowed charge fees for early repayment unless the interest rate is fixed or you pay off more than €10k in a 12-month period. do revolut loan accounts have a separate IBAN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭lau1247

Yeah I think I'm affected, payment at till using Chip and Pin didn't work. Whenever I put in the card last week, it says PIN LOCKED, I know it is not frozen not have any restriction, no pin tries limit etc.

Contactless work fine, just the Chip and Pin.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maik3n

It could be a silly question but can you have 2 revolut accounts?

I thought you were restritcted to one phone number and 1 time proof of identity, lol.

A friend of mine has got a second mobile phone and their new number shows up under contacts on the app.

I can still send/request money through the app on their old number but I can also send/request on the new number?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,630 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Can I ask if you ever got anywhere with these? The FSPO have come back to me looking for more information, and have gotten Revolut to re-open and investigate, hopefully properly this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You should only be able to have one Revolut account, plus one joint account (same as most banks from what I can see)

No idea how your friend got two accounts, you can use a different phone and ID and just say it was a different John Smith on the previous account

But they should at some point notice the PPS numbers are the same

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

So there doesn't seem to be a seperate IBAN, just a loan account number

Part of the loan agreement says you need to be a Revolut customer to get a loan and you interact with it through the app

There's a big repay button which allows you to make an overpayment, haven't tried it yet but will report back when I do

I got hit with an higher interest rate of around 9%, they didn't say why. I'm not borrowing much and I intend to pay it back in 6 months so I don't particularly care, but it's something to watch out for if you're borrowing more

They do tell you about it in the offer so it isn't like you get hit with it after the fact, just remember to read all the T&Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Just got a quote there with Revolut Car Insurance - very easy user interface (compared to some of the websites out there), and the quote is about 20% cheaper than everything else. Underwritten by AIG.

Has anyone here purchased car insurance with Revolut? Anything to be aware of?

Also considering taking Premium (for travel insurance and lounge access) for next six months.

Is it okay to downgrade after six months, or is it a year long obligation? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maik3n

It's news to me that PPS numbers are involved now.

I don't recall needing that when I did the ID verification a few years back. I haven't been asked for it recently either?

Coming back to my friend, lol, I would have thought that even if you changed numbers/phone that when you tried creating a new revolut account and gave them your ID, they would cotton on, that, hey, you already have an account with us under a different mobile phone number, so computer says no?

I think if you verify your identity with a public service card then that does the PPS check as well

Otherwise, they'll probably ask at some point

I think without that check they won't assume someone with an existing name is the same person as an existing customer. How many Sean O'Brien's are in the country after all

Even if they do the PPS numbers check, it isn't foolproof. I knew one guy who had two numbers, this was back in the day when it was pretty easy to slip through the cracks

I think like most things, there's a fair amount of an honour system involved. Revolut probably don't have the resources to do an in depth check on every customer, but will investigate if they think something is up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Yeah, didnt go anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Pretty sure Premium is a rolling 1 month thing well I know I had it start of the year for 1 month or maybe it was 3 actually but I did have it for free at the time so might be different to your situation, was an offer they gave me for signing up to Revolut I think. Was very handy for currency exchange as we went to the States around when I had Premium plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭losetheforce

Hi

there may be an answer to this in the previous 187 pages of chat, so apologies if there is

I used to pay money into my AIB credit Card from my Latvian Revolut account, since Revolut have switched me to the Irish IBAN however it isn’t working, after about a day the money come back. I switched the beneficiary IBAN from the SEPA one to the Irish one. I asked AIB and they said the money is not reaching them. I asked Revolut and they told me numerous different tales, but the last and most plausible one was :

I really appreciate your patience while waiting. I have an update, the transfers to credit card account under BIC; AIBKIE2D will not work. 

Unfortunately we do not support transfers to these specific account details, however, we’re currently searching for the best possible solution.

As a workaround, you can still transfer funds to your main AIB account and once the transfer hits your balance, you need to transfer funds between the accounts you hold with AIB, 

All you have to do is log into your AIB account, click on Pay & Transfer and choose the Between my accounts option. 

Transfers directly to a credit card accounts will not work.

has anyone else experienced this? I am using the Irish IBAN now IE76 AIBK 9301 1399 9050 46

The message coming back when it bounces is “Completed • A technical error occurred during processing. Please try again later”

I’ve tried 5-6 times

its hard to know if it is working or not, is anyone having issues or is it working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭losetheforce

Any update from the FSPO? I assume this issue is on the Revolut end?

I checked a quote as well, it came out as €470 against €340 for Aviva

I suspect that I'm getting a significant discount with Aviva because I've multiple policies with them. Doesn't seem to be an equivalent for Revolut

The levels of cover seem roughly similar, can spot anything in the Revolut cover which makes it noticeably better

As regards Plus subscription, you can exit anytime without penalty from what I can see. Obviously if you pay for the annual plan then you're locked in for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

From my understanding, the issue is actually on AIBs end. IIRC, when a SEPA transfer is made there are two fields for the reference. Revolut use the longer field since changing to the irish IBAN but AIB use the other one which is causing the payments to bounce. Someone else who is more versed on the issue can probably explain it better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Qrt

sounds about right considering I've paid off my CC a few times without issue, but that's BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,630 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yes, this is still a problem. You need to make a formal complaint to Revolut at formalcomplaints@revolut.com. Then, when they give you their blah blah blah final response, you refer it to the FSPO.

My case is still open with FSPO.

Revolut have confirmed in their final response to me that it is their problem, and they're working on a solution, though they have no timescale for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for that.

Perhaps because of our age and no claims on drivers etc - cheapest quote was from AnPost - €330, compared to renewal quote from 123, which was €360, and Revolut came back with €300. I will check if 123 cant better their quote - but if not I am going with Revolut as comprehensive coverage is more or less the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

Just got notified in the app that Revolut have a new promo. €15 worth of Bitcoin if you refer a friend to use Crypto and they buy €15 worth. Seems to have a limit of 10 referrals and not sure if the receiver gets the tenner too but it's only to people you've previously sent/received money from.

Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭bren2001

Went to buy a An Post Money Order yesterday, they wouldn't accept Revolut. I had another card (or I could have just gone to an ATM). Annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

You were in an An Post location paying with a card? Did the agent tell you in advance not to use it or was it declined?

I was in an An Post. I tried to pay with Apple Pay. It was declined. She said (something like) "The system is saying that card is not authorised for this transaction". I said "I assume Revolut does not work then?". She said "No, I didnt want to ask if it was Revolut or not".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

That’s bizarre. Did you get any notification from Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This might be an obvious query - but is it possible to put money into a vault, and then set up a standing order/recurring payment to come from that vault? I can only see how to set up recurring payments to come out of my main account only. Am I missing something, or is this not possible?

I don't think it's possible for a vault

You're probably looking for a pocket, where you can set your recurring payments to come from and a regular transfer into the pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I do this (using a pocket) for reoccurring bills and primarily to not leave salary sitting in the main account. Salary arrives, next day I move bulk to a couple of pockets and then savings and reoccurring bills come from the pockets and main account is for day to day.

Likewise, it's a very neat system

Couple of things to watch out for

-Not everything is automatically recognised as a recurring payment, my phone bill for example needed to be manually set to recurring for Revolut to recognise it

-If you do set something as recurring, it isn't necessarily picked up for the pocket straight away. I asked support about this and it basically takes some time for their analytics to recognise it as a bill. There's no fixed time but it seems you need 3-4 payments of the same amount around the same day

-If you add or remove payments from the Pocket, the monthly transfer into it won't be automatically updated. Best fix I've found is to hit the edit button on the monthly amount and it'll say the minimum amount needed every month

-Pockets can only be in one currency, so if you've any payments in Sterling or Dollars they need their own pocket, or just handle them manually

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does this work for standing orders I want to set to a bank account? Or just for direct debits?

• Advertisement

I don't have any standing orders, but I created a test one there and was able to add it to the pocket

Advertisement