Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange New Worlds S2-E7- ''Those Old Scientists"

Options
13»

Comments

All I know is I would love to see real life couple being Number 1 Vs Number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I had a hard time dealing with Mariner, felt it was too over-acted and distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I wonder if the whole humour thing is being over done overall in the series

Is it just the big bang theory in space now?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

No, all the older Trek had fun and humorous episodes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not every series has to follow the exact same tone/format anyway. I like the groove SNW is finding for itself even if it's not to everyone's tastes.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 31,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yup, there's plenty of room for it, and it works. Would love a more serious show set at some point in the post DS9/Voyager world for balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

This episode certainly was, but it's followed by an absolute belter of an episode! Which we probably can't say about BBT!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Lower Decks isn't even Big Bang Theory, so don't quite get your point?

I just felt it's leaning a bút too much I the humour direction. Nothing wrong with the occasional episode though. Occasional funny episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭eadrom

I do think the balance was a little skewed towards the comedy this season overall. More an observation than an outright complaint, but I would like to see it shift the other way a bit more.

I’d say that’s unlikely though to be honest. They do the comedy well and I’d imagine it brings in more casual viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,883 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I do wonder if the writers were looking at the mixed reception The Orville's new darker tone received and thought "Let's not follow them down that route".

Entertainment is what gets the eyes on the box and so anything too heavy or too high concept will make it easier to cancel.

Look how The Exoanse struggled. Best sci fi in a damm long timebut struggled because it was uncompromising

• Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

DS9 was very grim and dark at times, but still managed to have humour and comedy in some episodes. Usually Ferengi related..

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement