Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 12: Hungary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Max is a ludicrous human being.

Barely 2nd, and he all but said the car is a piece of shít. As entitled as anyone I've ever watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Seeing as you are at the race, how about getting us an exclusive interview with a driver? 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The man on pole has done quite a bit of moaning about his car this season.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well technically, C4 have outsourced their commentary to F1 TV.

• Advertisement

Hamilton has not been winning every race in a near perfect car.

Moaning to the extent he did today when you've had a perfect environment all season, and you are literally still on the front of the grid, and still favourite for the race, in what is still the best car, then you need a good shake of yourself.

Nobody gets thrown out of Formula 1 for "moaning" and nobody ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Didn't Lewis say on Friday the car was the worst he'd driven?

Next we'll be hearing his tyres are gone...

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yeah and that is exactly the reason they both moan, old habits and all that.

• Advertisement

“We have not performed the way we should be performing all weekend, it has been really difficult to get the most out of the car. I was struggling with putting the balance together, front to rear. We tried a lot of different things in terms of set-up but it didn’t really work. When you are struggling in qualifying you can only try one or two things and then when you really push you fall out of the window again."

That's Max, that's P2 and that's exactly the same type of "moaning" that Lewis is being accused of here. Same kind of language, same kind of attitude, same everything.

This is how the first three laps will go.

Max will drop back to third off the lights being on the dirty side of the grid, start of lap 2 he'll dive into turn 1 and drive around Norris into 2nd, end of lap 2 he'll do the same to Lewis and drive off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Every driver moans and over reacts when things don't go their way, doesn't matter if they are at the front of the grid or the back of the grid. It's just part of being an F1 driver

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I get your point but that's a winning attitude. Would you rather him be satisfied at not extracting peak performance from his car? Great athletes constantly strive for perfection, and that's what Max is going to do every week. And "had a perfect environment all season", whether it's true or not no athlete gives a shlt what happened last week.

And one final point. If Tiger, MJ, Messi or any other athlete was mic'd up while they were playing, the tape wouldn't even be allowed air. I personally don't judge any driver, Russell, Hamilton or Verstappen, by what they say whilst performing at an insanely high level under immense pressures. It's not representative of any person.

Post edited by Big Pussy Bonpensiero on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What an amazing qualifying session. Fair play to Lewis, I’m not a fan of his but I’m delighted for him. This should make the race more interesting. It just shows that Mercedes is continuing to close the gap. I would like to have seem George up there too. I’m still quite confident that Max can pull this off. Here’s hoping he does!

I'm well aware moaning is part and parcel of F1 driving.

But listening to Max, you'd swear the car was miles behind, and he barely eked out everything he could. When in reality, he was 3 thousandths behind. And the Lewis lap was largely a surprise to most.

I'm not bothered by drivers having a moan when it's quite obvious that there are a few issues, or there's been a run of bad races and all that. It makes sense.

But when you're steamrolling everyone in a car that's been miles ahead, and you could break every single season record, his level of annoyance with his tools yesterday was just a bit ridiculous to me.

• Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 276 ✭✭Jazz Hands

Hamilton will be overtaken within the first few corners most likely 3rd by the end of the first lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Longing

Change in tyre compound looks like it has effected teams in a positive and negative way. I'm not so sure if the race will pan out the way people are thinking it will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Can’t say I agree that Merc are closing the gap, the circuit and new tire rule helped them here, they had no real upgrades either for this race. I can see them going well at some places over others, but they now have real competition from McLaren more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hamilton gets a pole and you can feel the tension on here rising.

Couldn't care which one of them betters the other but it would be great having them side by side every race.

Love em or hate em, them having ding dong battles is box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭This is it

Yep, while Hamilton v Max has history, anyone fighting at the front is better than Max heading off into the distance at a canter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone fighting at the back even is better than anyone at the front coasting around miles ahead.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I was going to say the same, he could get a PhD in it 😀😀😃

Joking apart I’m genuinely delighted to see Hamilton doing well. A podium is a real possibility for him in this race and a win although unlikely is a possibility. I know that the chances are Max will win but mechanical failure, a safety car, crash or some other incident could mix things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭lolie

Really looking forward to todays race. If Max drops places at the start i think he'll struggle to overtake cars here compared to most other tracks so its not a foregone conclusion he'll win today. I wouldnt mind seeing Norris win and also Piastri get on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭This is it

If Max started last today I'd still have him down for a likely win. He's too good, and the car is too good. Can't see anything but the usual today but hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Irish flag spotted behind the F1 Juniors! 🙌🏻

Also worth keeping an eye on Piastri in 4th.

Looks much hotter today, so probably no softs being used during the race id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think this race is usually the hottest of the year.

• Advertisement

Terry Crews revving up 🤣

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement