Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Multi-asset funds

Options
  • 24-05-2023 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I'm just exploring the exciting world of investment at the moment and was looking for some advice. As a beginner, I was hoping to invest in some sort of multi-asset fund with exposure to multiple investment vehicles (bonds, shares, commodities etc.) I'd only be looking to invest a few hundred each month, with a view to longer term gains down the road (the tortoise-winning-the-marathon approach).

Are any such investment opportunities available in Ireland? Without having to spend a fortune on fees?

Thanks

Comments

You'll have to define what a 'fortune on fees' is.

If you're looking for something with annual management charge of 1% and Other Ongoing Costs of 0.01% - 0.09% (depending on which fund/ asset split you choose) giving an equivalent TER of 1.01% to 1.09% then that's available.

If you want to pay for advice on the execution of that transaction then you'll probably pay circa an extra 0.50% per annum.

But, you appear to know exactly what you're looking for so I don't see the need for the additional 'advice' cost.

Advertisement