Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear Loader for Tractor

Options
  • 03-05-2023 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I would appreciate any advice I can get on the following.

I am thinking of buying one of these Turkish made rear loaders.

There is a guy importing them in the southeast and they only half the price of a front loader.

Has anyone got one?

How would tractor balance be when raising a round bale (an Irish one)?

I really like the idea of being able to use it with any of my tractors. Currently using an old shear grab mast with hydraulic handler for handling bales.

Google Novatar Rear Loader.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Bangoverthebar

I have a rear loader that has a dung grab, i took the grab off and welded on a euro hitch when i bought a loader.

You can have my old one, for some beer money if you want.

Its a not as handy as a front loader, i was feeding 70/80 bales a year on a outfarm. Balance was no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Looks very light looking. I wouldn't be a fan of back loaders with grab. Had one before but did not hang onto it. Front loader is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

That Turkish back loader is holding the bale a long long way out the back. It's much further out the back than a front loader out the front.

It's probably just as far from the back axle as a bale on the front loader and the pivot point for a front loader is the front axle not the back axle.

Assuming it's strong enough to lift a bale of silage unless you've a huge tractor you might also need an elephant to sit on the bonnet to act as a counter weight.

I expect that bale is haylage or something even lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BlueFarmer

That could be a bale of feathers alright.

With my mast and hydraulic handler i can lift 2 round bales, little light on steering around yard, only done as a test when got the latest tractor. I do have a half tonne of weights i can add. Wouldn't need to be going full reach.

Front loader is prob way to go, but do a lot of road driving and don't like the idea of traveling at full poke with a bale.

Second hand loaders aren't cheap and then fitting and also wear as most owners dont own a grease gun. Not sure which tractor to put it on. Dont like taking things off to go at slurry or something.

Brother has loader on his tractor but its awkward with sheargrab on and reversing a trailer.

What kind of loader is it? Which type of 135 was it built for the MF type or the new ones.

Any pic

• Advertisement

Modern loaders can be hocked on or off within a few minutes. What sort of tractor would you put a loader on if you went that route.

Id put it on one of my 4wd. Leaning more towards my NH TS110 and not the newer TSA100. Loader can stay on its changing implements takes a few mins.

Has your TS110 a left hand clutch less shuttle as it added advantage. I would take on or off my JD loader quicker than taking on or off the fertilizer shaker. My loader is about 20 years old also so I Would imagine a newer one would be even easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

Why would the shear grab be on reversing a trailer? Unless you were loading the silage into the trailer to move between farms or something it’d be madness to have it left in the tractor at trailer work.

It takes around 30 seconds to take an implement off a loader. It does amaze me the amount of lads that land at the mart with trailer loads of cattle and the grab or bucket still on the tractor. Some of them would even have the grab open and carrying it at full height!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It used to annoy me seeing chaps going about their businesses with a grab on a loader while spreading fertilizer or rolling or the likes.

However its important to remember that some farmers are hapless drivers and its much safer for them to leave the implement on rather than risk taking off & reattaching without it properly secured.

• Advertisement

Front loaders great around a yard but carrying a bale on a dark morning or evening on the road not the safest. It hangs out a Longway. Being a part-time/hobby farmer every minute counts. Like things on the back so i can go like the clappers. If tractor needs some garage tlc you can just put rear implement on another tractor. This is why I am really considering a rear loader.

You could just have the bale lifter on the back of the loader tractor and when in the road carry the bale behind you and leave the loader empty.

A bale of silage on one of them back loaders on the back of the tractor and you won’t be going flat out anyway or you’ll be looking at the sky with the distance the bale will be behind you.

If I had the choice between the back loader for free and the front loader for €10k I still wouldn’t even consider the back loader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Had a back loader about 15/20years ago. My father got it snd we had it here for about 7 or 8 years. Have front loader now and having used both, if a lad offered me €10k to go back using a back loader, I’d run a mile.

my father bought for it for £750 and there’s a reason why it’s only £750!!!!

Advertisement