Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzy and Judas Priest

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Glad I didn't get a ticket in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Time catches up with all of us, this tour was realistically never going to happen following his setbacks, and we have so much solo and Sabbath material to enjoy forever. Even 'Patient number 9' is a blast.

I'll always have my own memories of seeing Sabbath on The End tour and still possibly my favourite gig ever that first night in McGonagles

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...and still possibly my favourite gig ever that first night in McGonagles

I presume you mean Ozzy's 1991 tour warm up gigs there. I still have the orange billboard poster (like this one...

Bloody hell - that was 32 years ago - I feel really old now!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Surely only 22 years😳😳, still kinda fresh in the memory, took an Ozzy bucket of water full in the face up at the front, I have/had the poster too with zakk wyldes autograph, Def have ticket signed by ZW, caught a drumstick that randy Castillo signed after too but pretty illegible as not the easiest thing to write on obviously, remember chatting to zakk after too he was just a kid. Then Ozzy appeared, young Jack on his shoulders and sharon marched him by the ear across the street into the westbury, if he got away from her in dublin he was gone😂😂 he was pretty much at the height of his solo career then, we were lucky really they used Dublin to bed in the set list on these live rehearsals, £7!! What a steal even then. I'm sure I have the bootleg tape from the night I wasn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Part of me had hope that they would of tried something to get a few live shows done but not to be and wishing him all the best in his retirement from touring. He owes the fans nothing. Was it 3 times it was rescheduled in the end

Pity as I really wanted to see Judas Preist? Hopefully they play here in the near future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Shred

Great times! I went both nights and remember everyone pouring out onto the street with Jack sitting on Ozzy's shoulders as they made their way across to the hotel. Much too easily, me and a few mates were able to get into the lobby of the Westbury and got both Randy Castillo's and Mike Inez's autographs...we were just star struck and didn't say a thing other than thanks 😁

Good luck to Ozzy, it's a shame it couldn't happen as I would have loved to have seen him one more time (I also saw him in the Top Hat, July 4th '88; my first ever gig!).

It had been re-scheduled 4 times by my reckoning - original date January 30th 2019, then February 2nd 2020, then November 5th 2020, then March 1st 2022 and finally July 10th 2023!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

A residency or something like Metallica are doing where they play a couple of shows in one city over a weekend could be a runner i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

In case anyone missed it, Priest along with Saxon and Uriah Heep are hitting the three arena on Friday 15th March 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Shred

Yep 2024, I picket up standing tickets in the presale on Thursday, hopefully this one happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

Post edited by Stiletto72 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Well, not really related to original subject of this topic, but struggling to find more appropriate one.

BOGOF offer on selection of Priest's T-shirts, up until midnight tonight.

https://judaspriest.backstreetmerch.com/collections/metal-day-bogo-tees

Advertisement