Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Congratulations! You are now my eternal notification! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You have to click on the notification itself. Reading the post doesn’t register.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,167 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Same, always one notification showing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Don't have that issue myself.

But I think that's mainly due to never saying anything insightful enough to be quoted on 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Hi all,

After a couple of months of high posting volume and a lot of rugby watching, I imagine I won’t have the time for as much of either for the next while as I’m really glad to say my wife gave birth to our son and hopefully a future Leinster and Irish out half on Thursday morning!

(Who am I kidding, a 60 year old Johnny Sexton will probably still be hanging around even then).

Absolutely delighted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brilliant news. Congrats FtD.

Disappointing lack of stats on the midwife's delivery speed and your own significant involvements though, I have to say

😂😂😂

I played a similar role to POM against Australia last November; hung around on the wing, grimaced a lot, minimal actual involvements and yet still everyone was congratulating me afterwards and telling me I did great (while my teammate did the heavier lifting!) 😉

• Advertisement

Congrats bud...great news.

Get him used to your roaring at the TV asap. 😊

• Subscribers Posts: 41,167 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

very best wishes and congratulations FtD and your better half !!

All the best! Hope mum and baby are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

You’ll have to do the following:

Go to your list of ignored posters,

Take note of them,

Remove them all from your ignore list,

Check your notifications and make sure to view any you hadn’t done previously,

then verify the notification stops coming up, might have to sign out and back in for this to finalise itself, or there might be a delay of a short time, possibly up to 24 hours for it to reset itself,

Then once satisfied it’s fixed go back to ignore list and add back in all your posters you had on your list previously.

That worked for me.

Big congrats FTD, I'm delighted for you and all but the stats posts obviously need to continue also.

Congratulations, rugby will definitely be taking a back seat for a while. Enjoy every minute of it, it flies by very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Congrats FTD. I look forward to many sleep deprived stat heavy posts in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭ersatz

congrats FTD. Unimportant things will fall away without noticing them going, having a kid will definitely show you just how where studying dominant ruck arrivals in middling league games comes in your reali list of life goals. 😜

There's nothing like a new born! Not even Larmour in full flight with a herd of Munster players grasping at his shadow!

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Congrats Fresh to Death!

Gonna be honest though, your post volume probably isn't going to change. Not much else to be doing other than browsing your phone at 3am when you're sitting wide awake with a baby in your arms that won't let you put them down. 😁

• Advertisement

Thanks a million everyone

Not sure if any of you are into metal but if you are, I’d suggest giving the new Metallica album a listen. The best thing they have done in a long time. As much as it’s a return to their basics, it also has a very grunge feel to it. With some tracks sounding like Alice In Chains on speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Will do. I love Metallica. One of my favourite bands. The last studio album of theirs that I liked was Reload. The last 3 haven't been very good. Will definitely give this a listen.

And I love Alice in Chains. Wish I could have seen them before Layne died.

Post edited by Yeah_Right on

Yeah I haven’t really liked anything in the last 20 years bar on or two tracks but I enjoyed this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I know politics chat is prohibited but since U.S. politics is technically more of a circus act, I thought you might appreciate a fantastic nickname I just heard used for Ron DeSantis:

"Vladimir Puddin"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

For those who might be of an age that grew up with them, but didn't get to see them in the cinema, Alien and Aliens are playing in a good few cinemas tonight and tomorrow night. I am raging, because I can't go to either, but figured some might want to.

Post edited by Dave_The_Sheep on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

I'm taking middle son tomorrow night. Looking forward to it.

Only drawback is that we have to go to one particular cinema because it's classified the films as 15 rather than 18 (which he wouldn't get in to), and it's showing the Extended Version of Aliens, the most painfully unnecessary re-insertion of cut footage of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I love the extended version. It actually makes way more sense in many ways than the theatrical version. The Aliens came through the corridors when attacking the colonists so why not do the same when attacking the marines? And giving a view of the settlement before the proverbial hit the fan was a good touch I thought.

I’m a massive fan of the first 2 and didn’t realise this was happening. Raging as I won’t get to see them. Great movies. The third gets a bad rap but I don’t think was as bad as is made out. Everything after that, well, the less said the better.

• Advertisement

Went to see Guy Ritchies latest on Monday. Pretty good film.

Advertisement