Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm going FH34. I have 11 for GW32.

If you bench 3 City/Utd/Brighton (4 if one is a keeper) in 32 you have transfers in 33,35,36 and 37 to bring in more of their players. As a Liverpool fan, I can't think of a single player (outside Salah) I'd want for the run in. We will have nothing to play for, TAA is to expensive (and flakey) and Darwin might not start every game. FH34 means getting TAA for 2 home games without being stuck with him, maybe a punt on another Liverpool player and the possibility of veering away from Rashford/Shaw if it looks like their minutes might be managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Yeah I know what you mean and I kind of agree. But equally I can’t see me getting much more out of GW32 if I play the free hit. At least with 34 I can get a few in like Trent and as Benimar says I’m not stuck with him then and can get rid of Kane and one or two other single Gameweek players for 34 but that I want to keep for 35-38.

Yeah I’m kinda thinking similar. I also have wildcard left to add to the confusion! Think I’ll gonna hold off on free hit anyway cos I’ll get a team out in 32 and can use wildcard in 33 maybe to set me up. Then I’ll have a choice to make whether to use FH in 34 to get 11 double players or maybe leave it til 36/37. My head is fried from thinking it through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Chilwell and Rashford out for a -4.

Konate and Salah in.

And I do not feel positive about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,325 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I might want to get Kepa and Chilwell out myself. The only thing is I also have Zinchenko, Maddison, Shaw & Rashford fires to fight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭Xander10

I've changed my mind at least 10 times today alone. And still totally unsure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone have any strong opinions on Eze vs. Olise?

Already have Grealish so looking elsewhere for my Rashford replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've gone for Olise as punt of the two, very little to separate really. Olise on set pieces tipped it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Reports out that kepa might be dropped if that swings it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I was actually set on sticking with Rashford, no Grealish, and instead focusing on Raya>Ederson. Ideally I'd like to have a playing backup GK just in case, and I prefer Kepa's fixtures to Rayas. Not sure what to do now. Perhaps I'll just stick with Kepa, and do Raya>Ederson.

As an aside, Chelsea have much bigger problems than their keeper. Not sure why Lampard is dropping Kepa, he's actually been decent this season, and Mendy's form really dipped during his last spell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Would you start Steele or Kepa this weekend or just sell Kepa for -4 as neither play this weekend? Will be looking to move on Shaw and Chilwell next week for -4 to get to 11

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Brighton are favourites against Chelsea so I guess that’s a good marker.

It's those reports that kickstarted my Ederson thoughts. I have Steele, who I'm happy enough with, but we don't for certain that #1 jersey is his. Likewise, it could be a one time thing for Kepa/Mendy but Lampard did sign Mendy. It's worse for Chelsea if they start Mendy IMO, he got overrated while Tuchel played a back 5 and 2 of Kante/Kovacic/Jorginho in front. This did help him in FPL though.

Chelsea haven't scored in 4 games. And Brighton are buzzing in an attacking sense, so you would expect them to score. This would lead to side with Steele as Chelsea are not scoring and Brighton are. But Brighton are conceding too, which leads me down the path of both keepers scoring 2 points. I think Kepa has a better chance of getting save points then as Brighton are so chance-heavy. Which puts Kepa ahead of Steele then. But Kepa has the risk of not playing now, so it's back to Steele. I own both, and I'm going with Steele atm, but that is my thinking out loud there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would you start Olise or Mitoma??

Have a bunch of selection headaches...Chilwell vs. Mings/Schar being the main one, also have doubts in my head about Robertson and Grealish

Edit: nevermind....gonna start Mings and Mitoma, Olise first sub, Chilwell second sub

Post edited by Cartman78 on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'll raise you Havertz on top of Kepa & Chilwell. The 3 of them could easily be benched......

I haven't a clue what to do with them. I'll bench Rashford anyway and will hold.

My FT as of now is going to be a boring Kepa to Ederson, set me up for some city defence cover in DW34 & potential DGW37.

Havertz could start as Sterling & Felix were poor the other night once the chips were down. Chelsea are just giving me serious ire now, sudocream needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Mitoma.

Take out the Leeds game which was just a battering - Leeds were all over then shop, I've a feeling Olise is a bit of a panic this GW.

*I'll be here for the abuse at 5pm tomorrow so after Olise hauls....

Could be a heap of benching this GW but everyone will be in the same boat.

Is it crazy to bench Watkins and play Mitoma and MacAllister? I know the form is great with Watkins but Newcastle are tougher to break down and I feel like Brighton are on the verge of lots of goals soon the way they are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Mahrez a dark horse this weekend. Playing his old club

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What's the rest of your front line - I'd have a bet that you'll be playing someone with less form than Watkins...

MacAllister Mitoma Saka Martinelli Grealish

Haaland Kane

I know he’s in better form than a couple of those but just find myself reluctant to drop either of the Brighton or Arsenal lads. Could bench Saka too maybe

• Advertisement

Raya

Trippier Estupinan Konate

Martinelli Saka Salah Reed

EBH Toney Isak

Bench: Alison Billing Zinchenko Mee

I'm having a tough time with my bench, especially now Konate has been flagged.

Are wolves scoring these days? Is Mee a better option over Konate? Also, Billing Vs Reed. I'm hoping the OG last week spurs him on, but it's a pure gamble between those two.Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I would be between Saka and Watkins there too. Tough choice. I'm sure whichever you choose will be the wrong one as is the FPL way.

I'd drop Watkins against Newcastle. They are so miserly for letting in goals

Great pick this week alright. I thought the same myself.

But is he the best pick for 6/7/8 GWs?

Saka's form isn't as good as some would think, and the fact that Jesus is back means there is a natural goal scorer there too. His last 3 goals and assists came against a hopeless Palace and Everton side. West Ham away won't be easy either,

As for Newcastle and clean sheets, they have 1 in the last 9 games.

A win for Villa tomorrow and they'll have notions of Europe - they are in flying form

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I really hope Watkins gets a goal against them. The guy I am battling with for first place in my league has triple Newcastle defense. I have Pope and Trippier but I think I will bench Pope for Steele and hope it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Going to bench Rashford.

Have 1 FT to use with FH next week.

Chilwell to Ake most likely, don’t fancy Chelsea under lampard especially with Chilwell a risk now. Ake and City seem to be more settled defensively (famous last words) and City have the DGW in 34. Feels like a boring practical transfer all the same.

JWP could be left field choice - home in a must win game - time to step up and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Think Konate missed a few training sessions this week.

• Advertisement

Have to start one between Botman, Shaw & Zinchenko.

Currently choosing Zinchenko as he has attacking potential, Forrest nearly always score at home & own Trippier & Watkins to cancel Botman.

Anyone do it a different way?

Advertisement