Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31 transfer thread

Options
  • 10-04-2023 8:42am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had hoped to get through BGW32 before getting Haaland back, but can't go without.

Will wait until after mid week game though.

May take a hit to get rid of Chilwell too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Going to have to pick my poison this week. Will do Maddison to Martinelli and Havertz to either Kane (BOU) or Haaland (LEI). I’m going to FH in 34 so leaning towards Kane, but it’s a long time to the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Will await Shaw and Rashford injury updates. Grealish in for Rashford, or Martinez (maybe) in for Shaw the main options at the moment. Not sure of other good defence options instead of United cover. City have good fixtures but I'll bringin Ederson eventually, just not now. I also have Chillwell but just gonan stick with him for the moment and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭macraignil

Swapped out Mbeumo for Isak. Have a few too many players blanking in GW32 but I'm thinking it is better to focus on players to get more points for the rest of the season rather than concentrating too much on having 11 for GW32. Free transfer next week could bring me up to having 10 and that is probably enough for GW32 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmm need to plan for GW32, Stones, Estupinan, Rashford, Mitoma, and Haaland. Obv planning ahead would be Rashford out for someone - Grealish obv candidate but with no game in 32 doesn't make much sense. Would like Jesus, but not selling Haaland, and dunno if makes sense to take a -4, decisions to be made. In classis and HU format against a rival, so can't afford not to attack each GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 8 for GW 32 so will likely move on Rashford/Shaw if they're out this GW. Martinelli or Mings coming in most likely

Will need to move on Chilwell and Kepa then the week after and give Maddison another chance against Wolves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Maddison has 1 assist in 8 games. I had him for 7 of those games. Awful.

That City result last night was bad for me. I'd hoped the tie would still be tight so Haaland might get rested at the weekend.

Looks like I'll be taking a -4 to bring him in and foregoing Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭COH

Rashford set to miss 'a few games' with a muscle injury. Think thats a sell for me now, would love Grealish but need someone (not Arsenal as have 3x already) who will play in BGW32.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,873 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it’s a sell aswell. Even if he’s back for GW34 you’re talking about Sunday-Thursday-Sunday when coming back from a muscle injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm planning to ride out the blanks in GW32 so the Rashford injury makes him an easy sell for me. Martinelli the obvious one given he has a game in GW32 (over Grealish that doesn't). If I was FH'ing in 32 it'd be a tougher decision.

Thinking now of taking a punt for a couple weeks with a Palace player. Hodgson seems to have them playing again, and decent fixtures. Would be ditching Mitoma or March (che / blank / nfo) for Eze or Olise (sou / EVE / wol).

Anyone any insight or preferences between the two of them? Last 2 games

• Eze - 180 mins - 1 goal, 1 assist, 1 BP
    • Olise - 180 mins - 3 assists, 3 BP

Does one get benched when Zaha returns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Chilwell sent off tonight....anyone want to hazard an educated guess as to what this might mean for the weekend....

Dropped as a punishment?

Made to play as a punishment?

Sent out of loan to Fulham? 😉

Nailed on to play I’d imagine. Cucurella will be needed for Tuesday, so they won’t want to risk him getting injured.

They won't, but they might want him to get minutes there now too, so I'm still a little scared.

Cucurella got 68 minutes v Wolves and 35 mins last night. The 68 v Wolves were at LB too so I don't think they need to risk him. I have Chilwell and was worried he wouldn't start but after the Red Card I'm sure (as much as is possible!) he starts.

Yeah I’d edge more than 50% he does aswell, but I’m not THAT confident about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Think I'll hold Rashford and Shaw and hope at least one of them is okay for DGW34. So Maddison to Grealish looks like the move this week (although I assume many are doing the same).

Could you not do Rashford to Grealish and then have Maddison for GW32?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vic Vega

I want to bring in a defender and a midfielder for the next two gameweeks only, I’ll be free hitting after that. Who do you think gets most points in those two games? I have triple Arsenal, Trippier and Shaw already.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,188 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there anything to be said for Mahrez who (surely) plays 90 and might be on pens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Vic Vega

He’s only got one game though, possibly not even that

But you'll have that player after FH as well, do you mean WC? I'd look at Palace or Liverpool players personally, depends on budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The GW33 fixture for Rashford is against Spurs, so arguably their biggest PL game remaining in regards securing top 4. That makes me think they'll do everything in their power to bring him back. That's the only thing swaying me towards keeping him. The flip side is, that could be a tough game, and it's okay to not have him for it. Then bring him in in GW34, if he's fit. I'll likely want Grealish long term anyway, as I can't afford KDB if I go with Salah too.

Yeah was gonna suggest same. I'd been considering similar if I decide Chelsea's dwindling season makes Chiwell a need to move. I think where budget isn't that much of a concern (which with the Brighton assets is a help there) the key focus is either Trent or a City defender

For Trent you're looking at the GW34 double, and explosive attacking possibilities (and relatively assured starts considering they're no longer playing in any other competitions)

For a City defender you're looking at both a GW34 and 37 double, an obviously better defence than Liverpool's, but with much lesser attacking potential, and more rotation possibilities (even if that has become less of a thing in recent times with Pep having found something of a settled defence), especially with them still playing in 3 competitions.

Which way would people go there? Its absolutely not a clear one

Him getting rushed back in 33 would be a negative towards 34 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Was going to play free hit in 32 but I can get 11 players with -4 and don’t see me having a significantly better team if I played it. Gonna to attack GW34 with free hit instead, anyone else going this route?

I think the big problem with FHing 34, is that Man City, Brighton, Liverpool and Man United are comprising a lot of the players you’d want to have in the other weeks anyway (and that most others will have), so the chance to make big gains with a FH are reduced with a lack of differentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

I have FH and Wildcard still available.

Thinking FH for in 32 and WC in 34 to see out the season - any thoughts or advise would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭patmac

Anyone else not have Haaland.

2ft and & FH as well.

Thinking of doing either

A: Chillwell/ Rashford/ Watkins to Haaland/Patterson/Andreas. -4 and set up for 32, keeping FH for 34, and a front line of

Saka, Martinelli, Salah, Mitoma,

Kane, Haaland, Toney

B:Rashford/Kane to Haaland/March FH32.

C: Saka/Rashford/Watkins to March/Eze/Haaland -4 and FH 32.

I like A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,188 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've done out a transfer plan I am somewhat happy with, starting with Grealish. Everything is telling me to go down that route but for some reason, I want to do to Mahrez. I have to overrule myself there. But I might look into going down a Ederson route instead. those doubles, coupled with nailed-ness, are tempting me.

One thing putting me off Grealish, stupidly, is that I have had my eye on him for a while, and watched his price rise by 0.3 or 0.4 since. Lucky he is cheap.

Advertisement