Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Joint accounts just showed up in my app today, but when I try add my wife it says she can't be invited and to try a group vault instead.

Funnily she got the beta invite on her account and I didn't but I got it before her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I am getting "A technical error occurred during processing. Please try again later." I am using a different IBAN that AIB support suggested but it obviously doesnt matter either way.

"We are sorry to hear this. Revolut is not an Irish company. So, if you need to transfer from Revolut to your AIB credit card then can you please use the following IBAN - IE92AIBK93011399945304, the BIC is the same - AIBKIE2D and you must use your 16 digit card number as the reference."

it seems "not an irish company" seems to be the sticking point even though its an irish IBAN. The plot thickens.....

I still suspect AIB are being deliberately uncopoerative with a rival. I guess I'll have to pay it off the old fashioned way in the bloody Post Office ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think there was a report here that the "international" payment account does not accept payments from the new Irish IBAN of Revolut either.

Also, giving how Revolut has an irish banch office (and hence an irish IBAN and even NSC) this is just not making sense.

If someone has the patience I would log a formal complaint and than take it to the regulator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I’ve tried the IE92 IBAN also, and they keep rejecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

So the one below that worked was last week to IE92.

IE60 is the Platinum Domestic one - Not Working

IE92 is the Platinum International one - Not Working

IE76 is the AIB Support one - Not Working

I got the four green bars for each stage the last try and then AIB still eventually chucked it back so it has to be their end.

I just tried to pay a credit card bill in the Post Office using a virtual revolut card through contactless and it declined that too.

Irish financial institutions really proving how far behind technically they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just to update on this, the joint accounts showed up on both our apps in the hub section.

I contacted support and they said only my account is eligible for the joint account at the moment, she has to wait until it rolls out to her. Strange way of rolling it out if you need to wait for both accounts to be eligible to set it up.

None of the errors mention this. When trying to invite her it just says she cannot be invited. If she tries to start the process she gets an error on the first screen saying she can't set up a joint account.

• Advertisement

Revolut has so many different virtual cards that details matter.

It depends on what the BIN (8 first digits of your card) are, some are down as Debit Cards (which should work) and some are down as Credit Card (which should not work).

Cheers,didnt know that. A lottery so

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

As above, Ive tried all the different IBANs and no joy, so I've logged a complaint with AIB on their website. Will let ye know when I hear back from them.

@Jim2007 those IBANS that were posted are not personal information. I am unsure why you removed them unless you mistook them for personal information. They are well known ibans provided by AIB card services to pay into AIB visa cards. They are not my own IBANS but public knowledge IBANS.

Revolut have suggested downloading and printing the transfer email confirmation and bringing it to AIB to investigate. To be fair this doss look like a problem on the AIB side.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

magically transfers from AIB Credit Card to Revolut started working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Same. I sent a message to their chat yesterday asking about it and their bot just posted the info that was sent in the email in Jan. Bit concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭Tow

You are correct, it part of the PAIN.002 Status Report, which used to track SEPA transfers.

It is also advisable to use the proper ISO20022 terminology, phrases like 'Reference' (a pre SEPA term) are very confusing. A modern Credit Transfer has multiple different reference fields. The Irish Banks decided to call the 'End To End ID' the Reference. But this is an Irish solution to an Irish problem. Revolut is not an Irish bank...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Better off on the Lithuanian IBAN to be honest. Irish one has only been trouble so far.

Took days for work to create the bank 990630 in SAP so they could set it for payroll.

Transfers to N26 and other European banks were instant with LT IBAN and now they take up to 24 hours which is disappointing. The funds must have to swim to the mainland.

Cannot pay into AIB visa card holding accounts money just bounces back.

They have known issues paying some other accounts due technical fault at their end for accounts with IE IBANS one of their managers told me (hasnt affected me).

Topping account up with AIB CC was not working apparently recently fixed someone above said.

I would be only too happy to go back to my LT IBAN. I wouldn't be pushing them for the IE one plus they clearly stated that they would be rolled out in time I don't see what's concerning.

• Advertisement

Revolut are saying that the funds are completing the SEPA transfer successfully and that AIB are subsequently refunding the funds on a separate transaction. The download of the transfer on revolut would back this claim up.

Also the AIB staff are so useless on this topic, each time it takes convincing that you can pay into your visa via the holding IBANS and I have done for years. Most of them its new information. Then they claim its impossible to check the holding account and that there is nobody in all of AIB that can check and see why they are refunding the money just that the customer is putting the iban or reference wrong into the transfer. "It has to be that there would be no other reason"

I'm not expecting the firstline card services to be able to but someone surely can be escalated to to check internally.

Also pointed out to them that it's happening to multiple people here and nope I'm the only one has this issue.

I still have my LT and from talking to support that is because I'm not Irish (I kid you not, seemingly Irish Residency is not enough), they also then demanded my native country Tax ID in addition to my Irish.

And it was not once but twice they did this, so either there is some sort of missunderstanding in support or a new rule is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I have my address as Ireland Id is my passport and have filled in my PPS but still no Irish IBAN, I dont mind though as everything works as is I didn't really want to change

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭myfreespirit

Also haven't been transferred to an Irish IBAN, but did receive an email in January saying my account was going to move to the Revolut Irish branch.

Contacted Revolut via the in-app support chat, they couldn't say why the account wasn't transferred, but confirmed that it would be soon.

I also requested that issue be escalated through theit Twitter chat support and nothing, wilful neglience or just plain incompetence? The jury is still out.

Theyve just responded with the usual "ring card services", going around in circles with them and they have no real desire to solve problem it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭timetogo1

That'd be my reason so too so. They didn't tell me that when I asked. I just got a canned response.

As long as the LT one keeps on working I don't really care. I was just concerned in case it stopped in the future when they think everybody in Ireland has moved to the IE one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

FYI. Just tried a "tester" from PTSB to the new IBAN. Took 2 hours to arrive.

Happy with that.

Complaints to the Consumer Protection Agency and the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman lodged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Mixed results so far. Transfer to PTSB account went through, but a SEPA instant transfer to another European bank stopped working after the IBAN changed. No representative at either end can give me a reason why so far.

Advertisement