Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Checklist 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

The year seems so short when you see it listed out like this! No wonder it flies by!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Once it picks up pace, especially the last quarter, the year goes in flash!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sept-Dec is honestly a blur!

For me April-July feels the longest part, Christmas feels so far away and such a distant thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Tippman24

I was going to work a few years ago and was listening to Morning Ireland. As it was in the days leading up to Christmas they had an article on about when do shops doing their planning for those few weeks. The general Manager of Dundrum Shopping Centre was interviewed and he advised that they were already in discussions with their tennants about the next year and had already decided that Opening Times would be extended. A Toy Importer was also asked about the next year's Christmas and he advised that he would be heading to Toy Fairs in January/February. Orders have to be in early in the year to be fulfilled.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks for sharing this. I love all the behind the scenes stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Need a Discovery Channel show about Christmas retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭BK5

I work for a well known company and I'm part of the social committee in work and honestly we are looking and booking venues or hotels for our staff Christmas party in Feb or March every year because if you don't you'll be left with a poor choice by Sep.

Over the years a few places have rung us in Feb and said that some of the Saturdays in December are already gone.

First one off the list as DWTS returned Sunday night just gone, actually watched it this year, wasn't bad, while it's no strictly it was decent enough.

27 days to go to our 1st Bank holiday and then we hit a run of 4 Bank holidays close enough together.

We have 4 Bank Holidays from Feb-June all within 119 Days. The longest gap being from St Bridget to St Patrick's day at 39 Days and the shortest being from Easter to May Bank Holiday at 21 Days.

• Advertisement

Sweet, lots of short working weeks.

Three more off the list now. And a good chunk coming up shortly. Now January is over we are rolling.

Yes, in a week and a half there will be another 3 crossed off (including Pancake Tuesday, my third favourite day of the year) and 300 days will be just around the corner. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

So valentines & pancakes can be marked off & Ash wednesday too as of tomorrow, 300 days from next Tuesday... starting to motor now!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Tomorrow week is March already. The checklist really shows how quick the season comes back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Must start getting a few biscuits and chocolates in now ahead of time 😀

February going so quickly has nearly cancelled out the the never ending January. Be summer before we know it and sure then we are pretty much back in season!

I can't get over the speed of February, especially after the 17 week long January!

Wednesday is March & day 299 on the countdown, the first real countdown milestone, which despite being the shortest feels the longest thanks to the almost never-ending January, so good riddance I say 😀

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

2 more can be marked off the list now...

• Advertisement

Done and done!

Another 4 close together in later March.

Forgot that Waffle day comes so soon after pancake Day, nice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭tscul32

Will have to make Christmas waffles for the day that's in it😋

So a double whammy of St. Patricks Day & Mothers day behind us now as well... Easter in the sights next which is what? 3 weeks away? Year is flying.

Yeah we are motoring now, March slipping away at rapid pace, only one more weekend left in March. Glad it's moving quick after that horrendous January. Loving the sunny mornings as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pigtail33

The speed of February and March has just about made up for how slowly January went. Feels about right that we're nearly three months into the year.

The clocks change this weekend too. I always get caught out with meetings the week before as they change a week or two earlier in America. It means that it'll be bright until nearly 8 every evening. Summer is nigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭tscul32

It's waffle day 😁

That looks So Good. 😁

I had waffles with Nutella, strawberries and cream for breakfast, wish I could do that every day! 😂

• Advertisement

2 more to be marked off now with clocks gone forward & waffle day in the rear view mirror!

Advertisement