Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 286: Edwards vs Usman 3 Sat March 18th 5pm

• 13-03-2023 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

It feels like this one came around very fast. Great to have one starting at a reasonable hour for a change.

I think that Usman will take a low risk approach and win comfortably by decision. The co-main should be a fun fight and good to see Gunni back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

It feels like this one came around very fast

It literally has come around very fast - only 2 weeks between numbered cards is extremely rare.

Fiziev vs Gaethje will be a fun fight.

Lot of London card stables there: Herbert, Mokaev, Amirkhani...

Always cracking atmosphere at those events. Should be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,511 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Usman on the score cards 5-0 i expect a lot of a wrestling & to abandon his newly foun love of striking over the last couple of years,

Fiziev will stop Justin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Any pubs that will be showing this in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭xtal191

The Living Room usually has the UFC on but its a complete shithole, Mother Reillys in Rathmines sometimes have the early cards on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

anyone know how to buy the main card on virgin media. I have btsports but i cant find the main card to buy on ppv. i am on the phone ages with them and they cant tell me how to do it.

I know it says go to on demand then live events and buy it but when i go to on demand there is no live events section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

Cutmen absolutely painting the vaseline on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Surprised at how quiet this has been, an enjoyable enough event so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Great fight Gaethje putting it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a fight I loved how they just fought in the pocket. Pieced up fiziev with that jab.

• Advertisement

Not a mark on gaethje, his gas tank is ridiculous. Rafael very fast but he has the chin to wear him down.

Great fight, Gaethje is a much smarter fighter since the Khabib fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭hawaii501

What a fight that was. Thought at the start of the 3rd Fiziev was going to take the win. Some state he was left in, jab from Gaethje was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Usman is hugely unlikeable. Let's go Leon!

Edwards looking like a champion

Edwards looks good here!

Not the same Usman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

awful fight

Close one don't think Usman did enough!

Right result

• Advertisement

Crazy close but I really thought Usman didn't trouble Edwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought Usman won it 49-45. Controlled him in two rounds and won another tighter one.

Worst case scenario was a draw, no way Usman lost it in my.opinion.

Edwards just about did enough and Usman couldn't find him

Seriously?

Really didn't trouble Edwards at all. Takedowns amounted to nothing. More significant strikes by Edwards. Usman was too predictable and walked into everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Usman did nothing bar getting kicked in the nuts and getting a point for Edwards holding the cage!

There is no way Usman won that. Draw maybe but even with a point deduction Leon had that.

Mad game, Usman looked unbeatable for so long but you fight long enough you'll be beaten. Love it

Enjoyed the card, gaethje the highlight as ever. Good night!

Outside of the second round, where Edwards was covered up against the fence, Usman never hit him with anything that troubled him. I had 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th for Edwards because of the strikes at range and the complete lack of anything effective by Usman.

5 minutes of ground control for Usman and 1 strike in those 5 minutes. Seemed to get caught over thinking and should have been in on Edwards every time he threw a kick.

Well I think there's a lot of you that can't score a fight.

Edwards was backing up all night. I'd love to see the numbers for significant strikes. Edwards clearly won the leg kicks but Usman dominated the head strikes. I want to see the significant strikes in each round, I think Usman had more in 2, 3 and 4.. He had him down a few times as well. Most of them didn't last too long but a takedown still counts.

I like Leon and was hoping it'd be a draw even though it was clear to me that Usman won it.

Usman clearly won 2, 3 and 4. He lost 1 and 5.

That's 48-46 including Edward's lost point.

Post edited by eagle eye on

• Advertisement

I'm gonna go through the important things in each if those rounds.

Round 1: Leon landed a couple of great body kicks and impressively fought off a takedown.

Round 2: Usman lands multiple strikes including a very good right hand. He gets the takedown and takes the round easily.

Round 3: Multiple strikes for Usman then the takedown prevented illegally docks a point for Leon. Leon attacked the knees in that round but clearly lost it to give Usman a 10-8 round.

Round 4: Usman upped the pace landing a couple of strikes. Two good kicks and a good punch from Leon but he spent too much time on the fence defending takedown attempts.

Round 5: Leon impressively fought off multiple takedown attempts and scored with much better strikes both leg and punches.

Advertisement