Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying and selling forum merge?

Options
  • 17-03-2023 11:01pm

I've been all over the motors subsection and the Talk to boards section and I can't find any reference to the change - why did the buying and selling subforum merge with its parent? And was this actually announced somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭User1998

It was debated a while ago and decided upon by members

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There was a feedback thread discussing it, was meant to make the form more active, I'm a bit lost as well though just seems to be here, the ev thread and classic form.

I didn't give feedback in it myself as I took a personal time out from boards...I think they need to do an Xtravision on it and let everyone back in that's been ok pre early 2020. Christ I even got pulled up for gendering a car. I sincerely hope the penny has dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

The forum is like all the others, a ghost town. Hilariously, the ev bit is most busy but only because of self promotion by about 15 posters. The horse is dead. Stop whipping it.

I dunno - Brexit and the great covid car shortage definitely dropped the post volumes, but I used to pop in almost daily to window shop in the Bangernomics, Luxobarge and (when it was a thing) fixer uppers thread. I was a read-only user, as I never had cars to post in those threads, and the true petrolheads could post more insightful comments on the individual cars than I.

I missed the vote because I almost never visited the parent motors forum - I bet I'm not the only one, and it would have been nice for a link to the poll to be posted on the forums under threat as well. It looks like my preference to keep the forum separate would not have been the majority view anyway, unless there are a lot of people like me who only look at the subforum and not the main forum.

Personally, if the threads I was interested in habitually disappear off the first page of the main forum, I won't bother visiting anymore, but as I wasn't posting, that probably won't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

Start a thread here for buying and selling.

What? Why?

It just occurred to me that the last few subs I am following are of no use to me anymore and after 25 years I am finished with boards.ie. The odd search will bring me back, but the community is greatly diminished. So long, and thanks for all the fish. SBS out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

793 posts in 25 years? Thanks for your contribution.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

Merging forums allows more activity in less forums. There is no reason to not start a thread buying or a thread selling. In fact it may be busier than the old system and that's the point. I am not trying to anny, I'm trying to help you get close to what you desire. I much prefer these forums than Facebook, Instagram etc.

Advertisement