Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicep 3 Arena Paddys Day 2023

Options
  • 18-09-2022 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get tickets for this? Missed the announcement back in July and seems from Ticketmaster standing tickets are sold out which is a shame. Will get seating tickets if I have to but for a gig like this prefer standing all day long.

Should be a great show if their set at Glastonbury is anything to go by

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

Yeah got standing tickets alright really looking forward to it but just hope it won't be ruined by a messy drunk Saint Patrick's day crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah actually hadnt thought of that, could be a few there drinking since early that day.

Still going to try get a standing ticket somewhere as being in seats is just useless for a gig of this type. If you hear of more going on sale at any point please update the thread as Im out of the loop on these things, never even heard the initial annoucement and it was only when I went looking last night to see if they were touring that I saw the March 17th Dublin date. Will be keeping an eye on Toutless as well, hopefully something shows up

Download Songkick app and you can track your favourite artists/link it to Spotify and you then always get the heads up before a gig is announced.

nice one, will do that

If anyone sees extra tickets going on sale for this on TM would appreciate a heads up, I still havent got sorted and theres lots of requests in on Toutless but no sellers

• Advertisement

I might be missing one but to the best of recollection I think they haven't played in the Republic since two nights in the Olympia in maybe 2018?

I know they were supposed to play that really crap incarnation of District 8 in Spring 2020 but it got canalled due to the Rona hysteria.

Demand is bound to be massive now they are probably the biggest electronic act on the planet after Isles.

Probably the first act since Oasis in the mid 90's to have universal cross over main stream appeal without loosing their artistic integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Headlined forbidden fruit last June

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've seen them twice recently and id be wary of the crowd that this will attract, probably give it a miss. I was at their live show at Glasto last year and it was amazing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Alkers

This gig is the rescheduling of the District8 gig, those tickets are still valid for this date!

I'm now missing it due to a stag, was a tough call!

They have played a couple of festivals here in recent years, maybe before they exploded though

They will always be doing gigs here as long as there are active, they are from Belfast. I wouldn't worry about it you'll get more chances.

• Advertisement

what kind of crowd, very rough? Im a bit out of the loop as havent been to an EDM gig in some time. Doesnt help that its Paddys day either but Im dying to see them live and I wont be in Ireland all summer if they play again

I wouldn’t think it’ll be like a Swedish House Mafia type crowd but I don’t really know. These guys have a bit of a 90s sound so they do have older fans as well. If you’ve never seen them before I’d go for it, the live show is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I've tickets for the paddy's day gig too (carried over from April 2020) but not totally sure if I'll go or not yet. Slightly concerned there will be a bit of a rougher crowd with it being paddy's day and the location of the 3arena. Never been a dodgy crowd in any way at all at any other bicep gig I've been to.

They are brilliant live in fairness, they've a timeless sound that appeals to a wide range of ages and people. Must've seen them 8 or 9 times at this stage.

I think they have universal cross over appeal as I said earlier, going so high in the main stream chart is still pretty unusual for an electronic act.

I work in an investment bank and most of my co workers would be fairly square and unhip and I would definitely be one of the outliers as a music fan and festival goer.

I was shocked a couple of years back when I heard a few of this crowd talking about Bicep, they are generally the sort who would be going to Coldplay and other similar for the masses drivel.

All of them have now got tickets for this Paddy's day show so there might be a diverse cross section of the populace at it.

That said with the day that's in it it could be full of liquored up yahoos. At least yoked up knackers are generally pacifists.

Thanks, reckon I'll go if I can. Yeah its their 90s sound that has me loving them and I fit the older fan slot too. If I do go it'll be driving up to Dublin and back sober so it could be a bizarre experience being in a Paddys day crowd. Hopefully the whole place isnt ratarsed on both booze and coke as I just want to see them perform without a messed up crowd.

if you decide not to go and are selling standing tickets give me a shout, Im struggling to find any at the moment and I cant stand the seating areas for gigs like this

I would get there early and try to get up the front, then aim for anyone else that looks older.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Griff77

Soon... Any word on set times for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Gawd, I know a few here had expressed worries about a dodgy crowd but investment bankers?? I had no idea we were talking THAT dodgy. Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 conbotban

I have an original ticket from the April 2020 show. Will this ticket get me in? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I've seen them twice in London. I love their music but I actually found the live experience pretty boring. It's more slow trancey kinda music rather than dance your arse off music. Maybe it's just me but I don't think I'd be bothered seeing them again. The visuals are great def worth seeing them once anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Yes I've had that confirmed to me by email from District 8, and also they posted a message on this on their socials.

I have 3 Eventbrite tickets that I have been assured are good for 3Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

@conbotban Re my last message, this holds true UNLESS a refund was given for the ticket as this was an option given way back when (obvs I assume...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Phew! It's not just me then. Though to be fair, i don't much like their studio output either so i'm probably not the best placed to judge. Not a great post it has to be said😄

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2 conbotban

Oh sound thanks a million! I actually bought it off a chap but he is legit so hopefully same applies for myself when I turn up on Friday!

Really looking forward to this, theyve been on loop on Spotify for weeks now.

Anyone know approx what time they will be on stage? And what time for the support act

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭Fanirish

its pretty much always 9pm/9:15 stage time for headline acts. Music starts at 6:30. Defekt live and saoirse djing before hand

nice one thanks, will hopefully get in at 8 at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Just heard of Bicep in the past few weeks through this forum. I had never heard anything from them until last night. Thinking of going to gig tomorrow, so threw on the top songs as per spotify. Wow. Lovin it. Glue, Just, Apricots, Opal etc. Will be a great buzz.. Was looking at some of the youtube clips there. Looks like great visuals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭RINO87

Dig out their Glastonbury set from last year on you tube, its fantastic! The BBC have an edited one up, but theres the full set up there somewhere too. Cant link as it keeps moving around due to copyright.

• Advertisement

You got a ticket? Yes excellent stuff.

Two solid support acts as well. I am gonna try be there around 7ish.

Advertisement