Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vulnerable Customer Unit

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Our PMs are open to the public and you can certainly send us one with a little more information about your query and we would be happy to help.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TirnanOg15

I've been trying to read all the BOI online information regarding methods and fees for sending money internationally, but I'm so confused with all the "if this, then thats." Before all the crooks made our lives difficult, it used to be so easy simply to deposit my BOI check info a US bank. If I now want to move money from my BOI account to a US bank in my name, which is the quickest, most economical way for me to do so with BOI and how can I determine the actual fees to be charged? Can I even call and initiate a transfer of money THAT way or are old fashioned wire transfers not done anymore? Thank you for any advice you can provide. This is so confusing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi TirnanOg15,

Thanks for your post and we hope you had a nice Christmas.

We have information here on the best ways to send or receive money to or from foreign banks. We also have a Next Steps series of supportive videos here which you may find helpful for banking online.

If sending a transfer to a US bank using 365 Online or the Mobile App the fee is €5 per transfer.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nstarchainltd

I received an email from your bank on 22nd Dec 2021 and I have signed at the same day. However, I didn't received any password from you bank to activate the account. As I have over 1M money want to deposit your bank, just waiting for the account. no and login. I really urgent. Please help and I have already PM Tara.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nstarchainltd

And also the passcode can support oversea phone number or not? I really super urgent pls

• Advertisement

Hi there,

We've replied to your private message if you'd like to get back to us.

Thanks,

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Hi,

my father was taken into hospital, he is able to speak. I have 2 queries

1. he usually pays his credit card bill by cash at a BOI or now Post office I think, he doesn’t have direct debit. There is a bill of €80, can I pay this from my own BOI online banking? I tried to set it up as a payee but it wouldn’t let me. I don’t have the actual card, which brings me to the next question
    2. he needs to cancel his credit card as he cannot find it, I am not able to visit him in hospital is there a way I can log a call with BOI to contact him direct?

thanks

Hi Buttercake,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Apologies for the delay getting back to your post and sorry to hear your father is in hospital. To make a payment to the credit card you would need the 16 digit credit card number. The card number needs to be included as the payment reference to ensure the payment is allocated to the correct credit card account.

If you would like to send us a private message with your father's name, contact phone number and first line of his address we can ask for one of our colleagues to give him a call to cancel and re-issue the card and help with the card details in order to make a payment.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 10 heraldine

My visa debit card expired on March 31 and I have not received a new card I can not find out what address the card was sent to as I changed my address last December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Generally if the card is due to expire a new Visa Debit Card is sent to the postal address registered to the account about 2 weeks in advance of the card expiring. If you have not received the card we would recommend that you raise this by logging into your account, select services and send us a message and our colleagues here will be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Alternatively you can call our customer service team directly on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 if abroad. The team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and will be more than happy to help with this.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 TirnanOg15

I want to print my transactions since my last statement in June. I have already ordered a special statement, but that is an unnecessary hassle I believe. Can't I simply filter my transactions for that period of time and print a nice list? When I filter them and try to export the transactions by your bottom of the page link for a CSV or Excel file, nothing happens. It seems to try processing (as evidenced by left-hand bottom "processing" in my Chrome browser), but the screen doesn't change, no file downloads, and there are no popups. Nothing, nada. What should happen? Do I need to be using another browser? Are there other tech requirements of some kind for this to work? Very frustrating as we have no such limitations with any other bank (3) or credit card companies we use. Thanks for any advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi TiarnanOg15,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with this. In an effort to try and resolve this for you we would recommend that you check pop-ups are enabled for 365 in the browser settings.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Hi, I'm looking to get 6 months of bank statements for my father who is in hospital with Alzeimers at the moment. We need it for the fair deal scheme. Could someone let me know how I could go about this while we wait for the enduring power of attorney to kick in? Statements sent to adderess on the account would do fine.

Ciaran

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Please send us a private message where we can take the name on the account, the account holding branch and a contact number.

We can send this on to our colleagues in the branch to follow up.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭davyd07

Hello, I need to contact my local branch by phone directly and not through the centralised Customer Service Number. How do I contact them, as when I ring the local number it diverts to the central one?

Thank you.

Hi davyd07,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Our Customer Service Team on 0818365365 will be happy to transfer your call to an appropriate staff member in the branch or arrange for the branch to call you. As our colleagues in the branches are with customers they may not always be available to answer calls.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Padoreilly

Not sure if this forum is still being monitored but have a general question. So my brother who is in his 40s has Down syndrome and has bank account with BOI. My dad is his guardian and manages his affairs. He has a daily limit on his debit card of something like €250 that BOI won’t increase. BOI won’t give him online banking access. So he wants to go on holidays and it costs €1,000. He has no way to pay himself as above limits. I get the vulnerable side of things but how exactly is he meant to pay for larger purchases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bank of Ireland: Niamh

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Can you please send us a DM with your fathers name, contact number , name on account and lastly the branch the account is linked to. We can send the details to Branch for a call back to discuss further.

Many Thanks,

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ffocused

My wife has been trying to open a special needs bank account since February for our son to be used for disability allowance payments when he turns 16 next week.

The branch only has one person who can do this job and she is absent 2 out of 3 times we we visited the branch for an update.

She is absent again today so my wife asked to speak to the manager who is also absent. Is there anyone from this unit we can speak to directly to get his account set up?

All required forms and documents were submitted, so we are unsure why the account has not been opened yet.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear about your experience.

Please send us a private message with your own name, your wife's name, your son's name, the branch you have been dealing with, the name of the branch staff member who was due to set this up and also the best contact number and email address we can contact you on.

We can then follow up for you to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ffocused

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lsdub

Hi

I would like to report elder financial abuse but am unsure of what to do. It has been reported to hse safeguarding as there were other issues re abuse but that was 2 months ago and have not heard anything back. They have not been answering the phone/replying to voicemails. There has been no money stolen for a year now as the perpetrator has not had access to the card but they were stealing for a year or 2. The victim is an elderly person in a nursing home and unaware of this and is not of sound mind.

Thankyou

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here. Sorry to hear about this.

Can you please confirm if the vulnerable person has any bank accounts with us? If they do, please send us a PM and we can escalate. If they do not bank with us, please report this to your local Garda station and they will offer you support.  Thanks, Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DJH-UK

Hi,

My Aunt (UK resident) has been diagnosed with dementia. She holds two accounts with the Bank of Ireland at the Dublin O'Connell Street branch. One a business account which was previously an account of a now deceased relative and the other a personal account. I have lasting power of attorney for my aunts financial affairs. She no longer uses either of these accounts and would like to close them. She is not setup with the 365 online service and doesn't remember any security details for the accounts, and now would struggle to use the phone to be able to go through the process of setting up online access.

I previously called the BoI customer support line and tried to use my UK registered lasting power of attorney to get access to the accounts or close them, but was told I'd have to visit the Dublin branch to do this, which as a UK resident, I cannot do easily or cheaply!

What is the best way to be able to manage these accounts? Ideally, they need to be closed. Is it possible to write to BoI and get the balances transferred to my Aunts UK bank account, or a cheque provided for the outstanding balance paid to her?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for the message

May I ask you to send us a PM to discuss this further ? Thanks, Anna

Advertisement