Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boston Marathon 2023

• 22-01-2023 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Anyone else planning on or training for the 127th Boston Marathon on the 17th April?

12 weeks tomorrow

Its my first major so I'm very excited. Flights are booked but not sure were we will stay, the misses and the teenage daughter are coming so we might only stay in Boston when we arrive and leave. A road trip to cape cod, providence, Harvard, the big apple and back to Boston for the race Sunday-Monday morning. Yet to be decided

I started the BAA 20 week plan but the usual winter virus hit me after Christmas so had a little break, hoping to get back to sessions next week.

Plan for the race, all things being equal and training going OK I plan on going out at 7.15 for the first 16 then 7.20-7.30 for newton hills and back to 7.15 for the last 5k. I will only know for sure the morning of the race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

For anyone doing Boston.

I have a Men's 2023 Celebration Jacket (new with tags) in a size small. I bought both the small and medium but the small is too tight across the shoulders for me.

Instead of posting back to the US I thought I'd offer it here first

I bought for $120 plus postage.

It's yours for €100 plus postage or if you want to meet somewhere in North Co Dublin I can just hand it to you.

Regards, Mitch

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Would love it but on a good day I'm medium, sometimes a tight large.

Advertisement