Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Court rebooted

Options
  • 04-05-2021 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭

This is unexpected: a pilot has been ordered for a reboot of Night Court, the sitcom which ran for nine seasons from 1984-92. John Larroquette is to reprise his role as prosecutor Dan Fielding. The judge, Abby Stone, is to be played by Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) as the daughter of original judge Harry Stone (Harry Anderson, d. 2018).

This could go either way, but I think Rauch could inject a welcome touch of Judge Judy in there. She says that she was wasn't planning to star herself, just be executive producer, but changed her mind after reading the script.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Actually, in this reboot, Dan Fielding is on the opposite side, as Public Defender rather than prosecutor. After 7 episodes I think it's starting to find its feet. Old school sitcoms are basically a vehicle for jokes that touch on the situation, but I don't expect total consistency of tone or fullly-realised characters or story arcs. So how are the jokes? I though ep.7 was a step up, starting with the opening bit with the blind person and the horse.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Notmything

Watched the first couple of episodes.

The actress playing the judge just irritates me, same when she was in tbbt.

Harmless enough, I won't be making it something I must watch.

Advertisement