Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polytopia

Options
  • 24-01-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here ever play this? Myself and some friends have been pretty addicted to it for a long time. Kind of a simpler, phone-friendly version of Civilization. Couple of quid needed to play multiplayer and there's no way to find people to play without getting someone's multiplayer code directly from them, but still, it's a cool game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Can't believe there isnt more interest in this. I found the game as it was preinstalled on my Tesla and got addicted to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Haha I go through phases of playing with friends of mine, one in particular, and then going away from it. I used to like playing random games online but they changed up the system now so you can only play on a small map. I think the intention was to reduce the wait to find an opponent, but it wrecked it for a lot of people so my sense is that they've lost a lot of users with the change. Wouldn't mind only the wait was never that long, and it's still the same now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You can play on 2,4,9 or random, and you can change the size of the square. It's in advanced settings. I prefer the 1vs1 on small map myself

I just checked and you're right, but that means they've gone back to the way it was before the previous update, because they had gotten rid of all those options. That's great though, glad they did because it was a terrible step backward!

I should say though they still only give the "live game" and "24 hours" options for time. I'm a big fan of the 5 minute move games, because you could do something other than watching the game if you had to like checking the spuds or going to the toilet, whereas the live game thing you can very quickly run out of time and miss your turn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement