Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Delighted to see Sheridan again. He is doing well. Big match for Ulster.

Any idea where I can watch this match?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Shehal

D!cks for fingers again tonight sadly...

That's 3 good positions for a line out and 3 times its been totally botched. I dont know how they plan to win any game when the cant win their own set piece in decent positions & cant catch covid...never mind the ball.

Edit - Finally dont screw up a line out and after numerous phases they run into bodies on the try line and get held up...the Ulster carrier runs straight into a wall of Glasgow players, what did he think was going to happen?

• Advertisement

Finally Ulster get over! 5-5 conversion to come.

Someone should tell the Ulster forwards that their job is to ruck...not just stand there and watch the opposition turn you over time and time again.

Glasgow illegal in the counter maul there and ref FAR too long calling tackle before the turnover.

Is it just me or was there no gap whatsoever in that line out Glasgow stole? How is that legal.

Ulster really are their own worst enemy tonight, no set piece whatsoever and cant catch a ball for sh!t. How do you plan to win any game with these issues?

• Advertisement

And Glasgow finally punish Ulster and quite frankly Ulster can have no complaints, if you cant due the basics at set piece or protect you're own ruck you arent going to win many games.

Broken record at this point but another line out that Ulster make an absolute balls of, granted on this occasion its the scrum halves mess up.

And on top of all that Ulster are getting minced in the scrum, Ulster have no line out, no ruck and no scrum...how do they think they'll stand a chance against any team in this situation? Says more about Glasgow more than anything how Ulster are still in with a shout despite these factors, you'd almost take a LBP at this stage...

Try for Glasgow, try number 3 and try number 3 from a driving maul, great when you have a set piece isn't it? If Glasgow get the conversion Ulster get nothing which is exactly what Ulster deserve.

EDIT - He gets it. 17-8.

Reckon that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

It says so much that we have nobody to play over Jordi Murphy and Greg Jones in these type of games. We were bullied tonight. Other players shouldn't get off lightly either - most were completely ineffective.

Jesus that scrum. This is hard to watch.

The last 2 minutes sums up the 2nd half. The line out is a complete crap shoot, get away with it thanks to a Glasgow error, the resulting scrum Ulster get completely shoved off their own ball. Eventually Glasgow kick it away and then within afew phases Ulster once again dont bother rucking and get turned over. A complete and utter shambles when it comes to the basics tonight, Ulster really deserve nothing here and it looks increasingly likely that this will be the case.

Finally Ulster actually get a line out right and win a penalty to potentially steal an underserved LBP.

EDIT - He gets it. 17-11 and atleast Ulster leave with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

How did Stockdale play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Germans have a word for my feelings tonight watching Ulster: Fremdschämen - feeling of shame for someone else who has done something embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Disappointed by that result. There's something completely non kosher in Belfast. I can't see how this squad were thumped by Sale one week and give La Rochelle a run the next.

It's probably time to look to move on from MacFarland. He's obviously not up to getting this squad turned around. This level of inability to do the basic things is unacceptable. The mental toughness is missing, in spades.

It's not just this match, there's 3 or 4 this season where Ulster look they were at a speed dating event. Nobody is immune from being dropped, some lads should just be moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Was he playing?....

At this point I think the original Jacob Stockdale was kidnapped long ago and replaced with someone else.

Anyway my main takeaway from last night is whether it is possible to get those 80 minutes of my life back.

Harry Sheridan was decent enough and Tom Stewart plays with an intensity a level above everyone else in that team last night.

That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭launish116

Says a lot when your two best players are also two of the youngest players on the pitch. Rated Sheridan at u20s, he's a lump of a lad for 21, would definitely keep with him and give him as much game time as possible over Rea Snr.

Same old story though no go forward. We have very little answers to fan out/set up defences.

• Administrators Posts: 53,526 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hopefully Leicester take McFarland off our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Meanwhile, Marcus Rea, David McCann and Callum Reid are all playing for club sides.

And Izuchukwu is lost in the wilderness somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Was he not on the bench?

ha, he was. Didn't watch the match.

He's been in the wilderness for ages though. Another player McFarland fell out with. Fair enough he's trying to improve discipline but when you start exiling players for a while and results nosedive you're going to feel the heat for it.

• Advertisement

Seem's to be a common issue at Ulster, how long until we are saying the same about the likes of Sheridan & Stewart, I personally with McFarland has taken Ulster as far as he can take them.

Advertisement