Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bohermeen Half 2023

• 09-01-2023 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Just thought I’d start a thread on this as I have seen a few people mention on logs etc!

I really like this race although I have had a few shocking runs here ( 1/2 nice ones as well) . I like knowing where I am going and like that it’s looped . I also like that at around ten miles you can hear the commentator as people come over the finish line - really gives you that pony initiative.

Who is in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kd82

Yep, signed up and looking forward to it. Only raced that distance once at last year's Bohermeen so looking to see if I can improve a bit. I've done a few more races there since and they're always well run events.

The loop is good and the shorter second loop helped me anyway get through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Just entered, and have done it plenty of times in the past. Always respect this race as it usually a bit of a ball breaker in terms of the weather, but enjoyable all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭racersedge

While I’m signed up for to, I am looking for someone who might want to do an official transfer for the number (have the ability until sometime next month, if I read it correctly). Injury lay-off has been a lot longer than expected and I fully expected to be back on the road when I signed up pre-Christmas.

While I’m finally back on the road in some form as of last week, I have another three weeks of rehab runs. I definitely won’t be PB ready come in the middle of March - and this might be a carrot that pushes me too far as I’m getting those first weeks of running normally post-injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Couple of qs.

Can someone throw up an elevation profile.

Also, are there pacers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

There are pacers - or there have been anytime I have did - not sure for what times though. I have a garmin profile I’ll see if I can upload might be a bit outside my tech ability

• Advertisement

Hopefully this works

It’s seems flat - you have to run over a flyover twice but that’s the only notable climb and it’s mini

Ah nice one Bluesquare, fair play.

Does anyone know where the water stops are and if bottled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

As far as I remember there are 2 water stops(cant remember exactly where) and in previous versions they have been bottles.

• Advertisement

Cheers I should remember myself lol as I think this will be my fifth one! My last one was awful 2020 just before lock down - hadn’t trained really , year before sprained my ankle so never made it to start line , a lovely pb the year before , dodgy chest infection in 2017 and I can’t remember the first one in 2016 . Maybe I didn’t do it ! I’ll go and check medals ! I think though I’m due a decent race !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Conjack76

Race number and t-shirt arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Anyone know where the race parking is? I've checked the email that arrived today with race instructions, just says to arrive early, carpool, and follow marshall directions. I don't know the area at all so I'm really just looking for a location to plug into my GPS, and once I get there follow the queue of cars heading for parking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Found it well buried in the flyer - Bohermeen Community Centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Yeh the GPS will bring you to the Atheltic club where there would be a select few car spots but you would need to be early. Once you get close, there should be signs directing you to official parking for the race. They usually use a big field about 10 min walk from club and start line which can work as a warmup.

The weather seems to be looking ok ( with a bit of wind ) so fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

Anyone know what the weather conditions are like in Bohermeen at the moment? I wonder could the race be impacted by the snow.

Weather conditions were all right on the day ! I joined a pace group so was protected from the wind when it was around . 4th time lucky on the course - and a nice new pb !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Conjack76

First time racing Bohermeen, conditions were pretty good yesterday considering the recent weather .. bit of headwind in parts, lovely set-up.

Congrats on the shiny new pb! ✨️

Loved the race, my first time running it. Will be an annual event for me from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Peckham

First time back there since 2012. Great event, even if I was a minute per mile slower than previous!

Parking was a bit chaotic, but I understand that the field they had planned to use was inaccessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kissy_Lips

Dropped out half way. Running past the club house for the second lap I didn't fancy it. Perfect pacing until that point.

Great race though.

Advertisement