Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG Freesat/FTA

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

Weird issue with my LG Oled C2

I've location set to a Belfast postcode to tune the Freesat Channels to BBC Norn Iron / UTV, but the EPG will then fairly randomly switch of its own accord, always reassigning Freesat channel 101 as BBC London.

I've tried restoring it to factory settings but the issue persists.

Anyone experienced similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Interesting

Though if Freesat randomly switching between BBC Northern Ireland and BBC London were an issue with the broadcast signal itself, I'd imagine reports of it would be widespread? It's not happening on my Humax Foxsat in the other room, so perhaps it's an oversensitivity in the LG Oled C2 tuner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

BBC are doing a huge amount of chopping and changing behind the scenes to facilitate the regionalisation. I'd be inclined to cut them some slack for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jack12a

Hi,

I’m having an issue at the moment with freesat on an LG television set to Northern Ireland region, today while watching ITV1 hd news bulletin at 1.30pm and NI regional news until 2.00pm, after this point I lost satellite signal on this channel, I left it a few minutes to see if it would restore itself to no avail,

I then briefly selected BBC1 hd which was working fine and then switched back to ITV1 which was now restored and working fine?. this has happened a few times lately, is anyone else experiencing this and or could satellite reshuffle be causing this?.

That's grand Gerry, but it's only an issue affecting my LG Oled C2. My other LG set and the Humax Foxsat aren't experiencing the same issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Sigma101

I had a potentially related issue on my LG C2 a couple of weeks ago. Channels BBC1 (101) and BBC1 HD (106) just disappeared. I had to retune to get them back. I'm using a BT postcode too. Also, on my C2, the channels cannot be renumbered/reordered as described in posts here. Clearly, there are differences between LG models.

Yeah, I've retuned numerous times but the issue persists. I think the channel # reordering thing could be a proprietary issue with Freesat. Can't renumber the Saorview channels either, which you could on older LG's

Didn't reckon an LG C2 would be a retrograde purchase but so far, my older LG handled Freesat and Saorview considerably more capably

Still a mighty weird thing going on with Freesat on my LG Oled C2.

It's tuned to a Belfast postcode and will show Channel 101 as BBC Norn Iron for a period until it randomly switches and 101 becomes BBC1 London. Also, if I'm watching UTV on Channel 103 that will randomly switch so that I'm then viewing ITV4 (with 103 now showing as ITV1). If watching Ch4 it will turn over to Channel 4+1.

Never had any problems with LG in the past and unsure if this is a problem with the onboard sat tuner.

There's no issues on the Saorview side whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Have you tried a re-tune?

Yeah, re-tune / factory reset etc

LNB is fine too

Problem is at the moment I can't figure out if it's a hardware issue or something Freesat vrelated

Advertisement