Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Mazda CX-60 PHEV

• 09-03-2022 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I must say fair play to Mazda this looks very classy especially the dash in the right trim infact any colour except grey which does nothing for it.

I can see hints of BMW on the outside of it.

It will be pricey I would say 60k at least here so do not expect to see many of them here if it comes here at all but still it's very nice maybe not as stylish as some of there most recent cars like the CX-5 and the 6 but still very nice. Mazda can do some great cars when they want to.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Nice looking machine alright. Has a little Volvo XC90 look to it as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes it's a fine looking machine alright.

Yes it has a bit.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭ofcork

Id say more like 70k here.

Ms

It's actually very good value for the size of it starting at 54k.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Casati

I know the thread is about the PHEV but the more exciting bit for me is the 3.3 diesel that they have launched. Looks like car companies are continuing to invest in alternatively to motors and batteries and produce a bit originality in the powertrain, indeed as Nissan have done with the X-Trail. I'd imagine a 3.3 with just 197bhp working to 40% could be super efficient on the motorways

• Advertisement
    Ms

Yes it's a very interesting engine alright.

Fair play to Mazda.

It might even be nicely priced for the size of the car too.

It is supposed to able to do 50mpg without any effort and 65mpg with clever driving.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I was considering to buy it. But most reviews highlighted "stiff & not smooth gear change".

Ms

Really,

Here is Autocars review,

Here is what they say about the gearbox incase you do not want to read all that,

The gearbox shifts smoothly and with intelligent timing, seemingly knowing when to hold a higher gear and when to drop it. It has a paddle-shift manual mode, whose shifts could be a little bit quicker, but they're certainly fast enough not to offend.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks.

I mixed up and meant to say the transition from EV to Petrol engine is jerking or "jolting" as highlighted by several reviewers including our own Irish reviewer: watch from 1 min

Ms

Your Welcome.

Awe ye that was for the PHEV version do. Still a good car do and currently good value for its size at the moment.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Having driven it, I wouldn't be a fan.

The ride is poor, hybrid transmission jerky and noisy and the infotainment is average at best. Lot of interior space lost to transmission tunnel and console as well and overall its very wide for its segment.

Yes its 70k,but if it were my money, I'd wait and spend the extra 5k and order the new BMW X3 40e when it's launched shortly. It will inevitably be a far better car.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

No, the RAV4 is a 54k car.

Mazda will begin the conversation at 54k, but the car you'll actually take home is ~65k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Casati

Had a look today, too if range 65k car. Definitely not an option in that spec as a lot of the lightly coloured trim is material and won’t wear well. Best option is the Exclusive line. Adding Comfort Pack and Driver Assistance pack your at 60k. Didn’t drive but was v impressed with quality and comfort but rear legroom poor for a car this size. Dealer had no info on the diesel

BMW dealer next door - equivalent X3 PHEV with similar power would be 80k by the time you match the spec with acc, heads-up display, 20in alloys and stuff like heated rear seats, ventilated seats would still be missing

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BLUEZEN15

Rang two dealers today asking about price of diesel, one said will be about 9k more than phev for similar trim levels.. other said Mazda isn't sure if will bring to Ireland, only 10 coming to the country initially and will decide after that?? If 9k more than phev will be hard sell me thinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭User1998

Mazda diesels have never been the most reliable

Indeed they haven't.

Also why would you buy a car at a 9k premium, only to see its value plummet past the PHEV for eventual trade in or refinance. The deadest of dead money.

Advertisement