Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Anyone know how long it takes between the NC6 form submission before we are reimbursed for export?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Depends on who your Electricity provider is

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

About a week after you confirm nc6 is received by ESB, they start counting. Never assume your installer submitted anything, get it from esb in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Thanks guys, with Electric Ireland at the moment.

Can I just send a mail to ESB with my MPRN? What would be the norm? Sorry for the newb questions

I did ask my installer to send me a copy of the NC6 form for my records, waiting to hear back.

It's in the thread a few pages back... Email them yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

My NC6 was submitted to ESBN by my installer on 30th January. I was cc'd on the email they submitted. I followed up on the phone yesterday with ESBN to ask could they confirm my MPRN was now confirmed to be eligible for MEC export and ESBN told me they had no record of an NC6 form being submitted and they categorically told me their records were fully up to date. I insisted that this could not be correct as I had a copy of the NC6 form being submitted to them to the correct email address;

networkservicesbureau@esb.ie

ESBN told me that unfortunately the issue wasn't at their end and I would need to ask my installer to submit the NC6 form again and I wouldn't be eligible for exported electricity to be backdated to the original submission date.

I phoned the installer and they were understandably annoyed to hear this and committed to follow up. 5 minutes later the installer issued an email to the very same ESBN email address requesting confirmation of receipt of the original NC6 form (as submitted on 30th January) and a few minutes after that again a response came confirming receipt on the 30th January. I phoned ESBN customer support a few minutes later to request an update and they told me they received the NC6 form applicable to my MPRN and MEC status would run from date of receipt i.e. 30th January.

Long story short ..the system works...sort of. You really need to chase and harry ESBN it would seem though to make sure your NC6 does not go astray!!

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

@Jonathan do you think you could update the FAQ with the ESB email address? Maybe use @Granolite post as an example of why you need to follow up post-install.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

As said earlier Im with Bord Gais for electricity and gas... Theyve offered me a FIT of 18.50 cent.

If I sign up to it will it trigger a Smart Meter install?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,201 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Export units are back on our bill this cycle with Energia after them being missing from the previous bill (they were there the bill before that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks for confirming that they're back, have already been billed for Dec-Jan so just have to wait for next one.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Neighbour of mine got his cheque from SSE yesterday. Exact same boat as me, was with SSE but left in September to jump to the Energia 7.9c rate.

I sent SSE a message about mine and they said they're "still awaiting an update".

Absolute bull.

So on the 13th of February, SSE customer service told me that they have no update on when I'd be paid my backdated CEG payment.

On the 14th, a cheque arrived for that very payment.

Dated the 2nd of February.

Gormless shites the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Finally received my CEG (FIT) payment from SSE - I'm guessing calculated up to 6th Feb 2023 - from the 15th Feb 2022 though there were no additional details on the bill - Total €581.49, I had calculated it at €595.68* based on Solis export data, so about 97% accurate and am happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭micks_address

how many kwh was that for? do you need to declare above 200 for tax? how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,333 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Yes, you do need to declare above €200.

Straightforward tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,737 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

cough cough

Check my Monthly Solar PC Performance Thread posts - but I had calculated export of 2482KWh from my Solis for the time period, and the above calculates as 2423KWh. Here's hoping the tax limit is increased at some stage this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Does it offset the joke tariffs on smart meter though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭curioustony

@micks_address I queried revenue, their answer was vague. Then declared as 'exempt income' for the 200 and as 'fees and commissions' for the rest.

I also had my wife added to the account. The exemption is individual and non transferrable. Your name must be on the account. Very very slim chance we will hit €400 this year.

Post edited by curioustony on

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

Good question, when I got the smart meter I stayed on my discounted 24hr rate for most of last year, however since my annual rate renewal... I've switched to a discounted smart rate, I find with the battery I've not used much peak KWh's and with the cheaper overnight rate I'm probably spending less overall on the purchased KW's (given the overall general electricity cost increases over the year). I'm glad the standing charges are the same with SSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭DC999

Where or by who are we officially notified of the tax due on any micro generation payments we receive that are above €200 per year? I know it’s mentioned here but how am I officially notified of that obligation?

I never got a letter from ESBN. Don’t yet have any FIT payment received, so not sure if the energy provider includes a note from Revenue. I’m only live a few months. Installers won't be informing customers - I barely got the most basic handover, let alone anything formal. And installers wouldn't be expected to manage this, it's between the micro generators (us) and Revenue.

We operate a system of self declaration in Ireland regarding taxes, Revenue have no onus to inform you of tax rules/laws/updates, ignorance of your personal tax affairs is not an excuse in Irish tax law

If you receive non PAYE income the onus is on you to self declare in a form 11.

I don't class a credit on a bill, reducing the overall amount of the bill, as an income. Obviously I don't purport to be a tax expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭DC999

I'm the exact same. To me it's a credit that will be used. It's not the creation of wealth. Our wee 5kWp E\W (which is max roof + garden can take) has a modest output. And by taking out a loan for solar (which we did) in order to reduce our electricity bill, it seems appropriate I'd get a credit.

Different if I filled a field or commercial roof with it - that would be designed to maximise micro gen payments = income. Not suggesting people bend revenue rules. Merely saying I personally view as a credit.

Exactly. Do we pay income tax on the discount percentages - they are often line item credits on bills.

Interpret it all yous want, it's taxable income. Confirmed with my accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Its not a discount though. Its income.

It just happens to be that you owe them more that they owe you, so they apply it as a credit as that's the easiest thing to do for everyone.

Put another way.... if you manage to get yourself close to off-grid, as you plan to do, and you are also getting FiT and they end up owing you money, will you expect a cheque in the post in that case or is it a discount? Is it income then but not when you owe them more?

I think your thought process is flawed and wouldn't stand up to a revenue audit at all... not that they'll come looking for these small amounts of money but just spitballing here!

• Advertisement

I understand that people class it as income and that's the guidance that has been given, I hear you. I know that's the facts.

But I am of the opinion that it is similar to a discount on a bill. I don't pay tax on the discounted fixed rate I have now, so why should I pay tax on this CEG discount.

If I were only exporting and getting an annual cheque then that's a different story.

But the long and the short of it for me is I shall not be declaring or reporting this as income because I do not believe nor class it as such in good faith.

Advertisement