Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Food Safety Authority ad of 75 is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Going gangbusters now on Newstalk, such a completely fake sounding ad.

Especially annoying is her 'Nah-ah'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Some English wan going on about recipes and Tiktok.

Those two English gobshite women in the M&S Xmas ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭leath_dub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Dickie10

why does Dawn French continually plaay up to the fact shes obese, shes been doing this the last 25 years, remember reeling in the years 1996 with pat kenny? dawn doing modeling on the catwalk and pat says he will pay her a million pounds NOT to get out of bed in the morning. now shes on about stuffing her face in cream buns for m and s. in this day and age should she not be trying a get fit ad or eat less for xmas or something. she shoudnt condone eating too much crap if shes overweight. if it was alcohol there would be histeria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭RINO87

Dunnes Stores, of course the stupid man had to forget the turkey, not the woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Genghis

Yes, grinds my gears too. Not only that, Christmas was saved by the woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The latest Eamonn Coughlan Goal ad where the audio is cut at the start and it begins with "Coughlan here.. "

Editing of the year award. And special prize for all the other people who would have heard it before going live and not bothering to point out the glaring error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

• Registered Users Posts: 38,741 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Audi Ireland...

"Future is an attitude."

What, in the name of blue thundering feck is that supposed to mean?

Utter drivel.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

The result of an office brainstorming session. Wow, Greg, that sounds cool and edgy, we'll run with that.

Great white saviour Dr Georgina Jordan is back, yelling into her pretend satellite phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭QueensGael

The latest offering to promote RTE's coverage of the Young Scientists competition - I've heard it three times this morning and still can't understand the whole thing 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I see the Brittany Ferries ad with the fake French accent is back. Dreadful. Could they not get a French man or woman to do it? Anyone at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭RINO87

They should get your man that used to do the Air France ads. He had a very good French accent so he did. I'd say he studied 'Allo 'Allo to be sure he got it spot on. C'est Magnifique!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Ad for the Hunt Museum, Limerick which has a very annoying child with a bizarre accent prattling on for what feels like ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

You want the worst ever add on Radio. How about the Ben Dunne adds. The miserable piece was so tight he would not even hire anyone to do an add for him he done them all himself the tight miserable ××××.

Thankfully I do not listen to radio much these days but his adds were certainly the worst adds ever made on radio. It would not make me want to join his gym but it would put me off them. If he is that tight with his adds I can only imagine how crappy the gyms must be. The Ryanair of gyms.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

There's some weird ad on TodayFM every day for some holiday company, where this one is going on about it and then breaks into a sort of song. I say sort of song as I'm not even sure what it is. She's going 'this and that and weeeeeee'. It's just bizarre. All I'd say is lay of the crack there, advertising drones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭plodder

"There's something to be said for order, but not your straight down the line order .... rather an "order" for one of our cars" 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭leath_dub

"Can I use my dishwasher?""

"It's fairly windy outside so yeah, you're good to go"

What the feck?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Strangest ad I've ever heard. How about getting a day/night meter and go for late night/early morning?

Nobody cares if it's windy or not, they care about the price they pay.

You better get health insurance before you're thirty-FOIVE.

Dr Georgina Jordan- ssounds like george hamilton commentating from an ireland v poland or ireland v bulgaria match in the late 1980s /early 90s. when they used to commentate into the mobile phone back to dublin. why is that sound effect on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

They're pulling that ould stunt for years, makes them sound like they're on a battle front and exposed, probably recorded in a 5star hotel in Ankara

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

D d

3 with that faux Oscars ceremony and ditsy/drunk female voiceover.

gushing Amy Huberman / Orla Rafter seems to be everywhere on radio now, always advertsing kildare village or the PUURRRFECT christmas or some holiday company.

• Advertisement

Deirdre O Kane and her girl crush buying her flowers and getting them delivered.

Advertisement