Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I do love that film, though. 😁

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love Groundhog Day.

“Okay campers, rise, and shine, and don't forget your booties ‘cause it’s cold out there…”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today. 6 more weeks of winter 😫

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Long Weekend one and all! I have an elf down today so will be starting off my long weekend at the GPs office!

Sorry to hear that CL, hopefully nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Coughs, colds, sore throats all doing the rounds with kids in the last few weeks. Both of ours struggling at the moment too and both stayed home from school today with nasty barks (trying to nip in the bud so doesn't get any worse). Have seen a good few of the lads miss training with similar symptoms and loads from the kids class have been out recently too. For most of these things suspect hot drinks & over the counter remedies will do the job, last thing anyone needs is a chest infection & antibiotics.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Hope they are back on the feet soon DvB! Our little guy is asthmatic so I'm always on cough watch trying to determine if it's just a cough or if he needs more intervention. Given it's the long weekend, I'm going to err on the side of caution and head to the GP. I cannot face another weekend trip to NEDOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Absolutely.

My son is prone to croop so we have to watch any coughs he gets too, nowhere near as serious as asthma though so I can understand you being cautious, I would be too.

Fingers crossed all is good and he bounces back soon!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

My niece was out of school last 3 days with similar coughing dose. Thankfully none here, especially with one doing the JC mocks.

I got notification of my NCT expiring at the end of the month so went to book it. Gave me next available date at the end of September😱😱 Then I realised that I had missed an email about my car tax which had expired at the end of Dec 😳. So had to pay that (plus arrears) aswell as the insurance that expires this week. The car will stay in the drive until I get the tax cert, not taking any chances. So tomorrow I have to take OH's car to see a panto with my cubs group. OH said he's "gutted" that he'll be stuck at home with no choice but to watch the rugby for the afternoon🤣🤣

I dunno, we've had a couple of bouts of croup here & they have frightened the daylights out of me!

Such a mild day out there today. Is this spring?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

-3 forecast for tomorrow night. You jinxed it 😂

Really? My app is showing lows of zero but 12 degrees during the day. That’s not too bad.

Lovely out this morning, definitely feel a bit more warmth in the air. Not sure I’ll be putting the woolly hat away quite yet though.

That rugby was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Child #2 turned 8 yesterday and we're having a family party in the house tomorrow. Sure what better to feed to about 15 or 16 people than salads and some turkey and ham.

3kg stuffed turkey breast and a 2.5kg ham currently being cooked and the whole house smells of Christmas again 🤩🤗

Oh and the rugby was feckin' magic too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Got my 2nd Covid booster today. Brother got his as well, as we both got the text on Thursday.

Am in the over 40’s category & he’s in the over 30’s category, so was getting a little concerned as to when even my age group would be getting called up. Anyways at least that’s sorted for the next while!

Got text about mine however still haven’t got round to getting it. I know I should, just doesn’t seem as important for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭BK5

I know the rugby was magic but everything else about your post is magic as well!!

If I get up early enough I'll get my 2nd booster in the morning. Got a text during the week too and walk on clinic nearby. Elf3 has a swimming lesson at 11 so hopefully will get it done before that.

Then SIL coming over for dinner - turkey, ham and all the trimmings 😁

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got the text during the week, but I don't think I can get it yet because I had Covid in early December. 🤔

Froze here last night, too if she’d still frozen. Alexa said it’s 0 degrees!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

6 nations was great yesterday. Frosty out there this morning.....baby it's cold outside. Nice lie in the bed here. Will get up in a bit have some breakfast and clean up and then off to the pub for some carvery and pints with a mate to watch the football. Enjoy the bank holiday everyone!

My phone says it's -1 here but it's nice and toasty in bed 😂

I have the same mentality. Not too rushed to go get this one. Having covid in January I don’t think I can get it for a few months anyway.

• Advertisement

I got my booster the very first day I was eligible, 9am. I had Covid last March so was good to go. I've two immunocompromised family members so I got it for them, as well as for me being able to make plans.

Advertisement