Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turtle Beach 700 MAX Gen.2

• 21-01-2023 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I picked a pair of these up from Amazon Warehouse for my eldest fella, and for the life of me I can't get them to work. I'm thinking it's the little transmitter that comes with them is the issue.

The headset powers up fine and is recognised by my PC when I plug it in to update.

The transmitter is also recognised by my PC, but just sits there with the LED flashing red, and the prompt on the Audio Hub software is "Switch the transmitter to USB and try again". There's a physical switch on the side marked USB and XBOX. Obviously depending on where it's going, you select with the switch. I get the same prompt wherever the switch is placed! There's also a little reset pinhole on the transmitter that I've pressed, but it does nothing.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Never mind. Returned them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sure as eggs are eggs, I received the following email from Turtle Beach on how to do a reset!

Of course this email arrived the day after I'd returned them! 🤬

Anyways, it might help someone else out!

--------------------------------

Please follow these steps carefully so we can perform a bootloader reset of the firmware.

Start with both the headset and its transmitter (PS, MAX, USB models) *disconnected* from anything, and with the headset powered OFF. 

1. Download and install the Audio Hub for your Windows or macOS computer from the following link: https://www.turtlebeach.com/audiohub

2. Set the switch on the Turtle Beach transmitter to "USB" (MAX models only). 

3. Connect the transmitter to a USB port on your computer (PS, MAX and USB models only). 

4. Make sure your headset is powered OFF. 

5. Connect the included USB-C cable to your headset, but DO NOT connect the large end of the cable to your computer's USB port.

6. Open the Audio Hub application. It will display the “Connect Additional Components” message. Do not connect the cable yet. 

7. Now, press and hold down the MODE button on the headset. While continuing to hold down the headset's MODE button with one hand, plug the other (large) end of the USB-C cable into your computer's USB port with your other hand.

8. You should see an Audio Hub message prompting you to Update. Let go of the headset's MODE button and follow the on-screen directions to perform the update (this can take up to 5 minutes).

Once the firmware update process is complete, test your headset and transmitter to make sure they are working as intended.

Advertisement