Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Gigaworks Speaker Cable repair

Options
  • 02-02-2023 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

I have a set of Creative Gigaworks T40 speakers, the original version.

Unfortunately the 'slave' or secondary speaker's cable has snapped and I cannot connect it to the Hub speaker.

Does anyone know somewhere where this can be repaired in Dublin - the cable needs to be replaced but I still have the jack to connect on the snapped end of the cable

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

Best fixing it yourself...

What does each end of the cable look like? I see several versions on internet... If its circular like below you could use this (the blue one should fit)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JEEUE-Connectors-Solderless-Terminal-Applications-RCA-Male-Blue-2PCS/dp/B08LW1N1K8?th=1

or easier again - this one you don't even need a screwdriver...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speaker-Terminal-Female-Adapter-Connector-RCA-Male-AV-2-Screw/dp/B07B9PGMBR

A soldered version would be preferable just for looks - but the above is perfectly fine and only tools needed would be a penknife to fix.

When you strip the wires - one will either be black or no insulation and be braided and wrapped around an inner wire. Black or braided goes to (-) and inner or red goes to (+)...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kjansch

Thanks for that, oddly I didn't receive a notification of your reply

Unfortunately its a satellite speaker that connects to the main speaker that has had it's connector cable broken, so while that may be a solution, the cable would be very short as a result.

The cable has snapped in half , its not that the cable has snapped near the jack/plug.

I'm assuming you clip those fittings onto the end of the snapped cable.

Advertisement