Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubiquiti Dream Machine & VF SIRO Setup

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭eric90000

Hey there. I am getting SKY SIRO installed today. It looks like you have the exact same setup that I will have - may I ask what username & password you put into the Unifi WAN settings when connecting directly to the ONT? Are these person specific, or can you use generic login details?

I am currently using Sky FTTC (via a Draytek modem) into the Unifi Dream Machine Pro and it has been rock solid, although obviously nowhere near as fast as SIRO. At the moment my Unifi WAN settings are:

PPPOE

VLAN: 10

Username: abcdefgh@skydsl

Password: 1234567890abcdef

Do you think these exact settings might work OK, or would I have to change anything? Thanks!

UPDATE on the above: I literally just connected the ONT directly to the WAN port on the UDM Pro and it worked. I didn't have to change any settings at all. Happy days!

Went from 45mbps to 930mbps - result!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭daithilfc

Hey would you be able send a screenshot of the ISP settings you have used?

I have tried the ones outlined above but the UDR isn't getting an internet connection. I have Sky Siro as well.

Did you put anything in for QoS or DNS?

Did you need to clone the previous mac address?

Would love to book the UDR directly to the ONT

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

Did you need the Log In and Password details? I have mine (still) set up and connected the the DigiWeb Fritz box. If a login and password is required here do you guys get this info from?

Just off from DigiWeb, extremely helpful, and the details are :-

Username is - digiweb@siro.digiweb.ie

Password - digiweb

Post edited by illingworth22 on

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭daithilfc

Just as an update on this, I managed to get the connection up and running with a direct connection to the ONT when I made the configuration changes through the browser page for the Ubiquiti Unifi Dream Router instead of using the app.

However, doing a Speed test directly on the router it is returning <500Mb down. This would be ideal if I didn't have a GB line and was expecting closer to the 900Mb. 

I have the latest updates applied and the following are the settings that I have selected. Is there something I am missing?

I have tried with Threat Management both on and off but no change to incoming speeds

• Advertisement

Hi there.

Sorry for the late reply - I didn't have notifications working for some reason.

The only differences between my settings and yours are, for the QOS tag I have the value 'none' selected, and for the DNS I do not have auto selected, and instead have my own local PiHole address selected (if you don't have your own DNS server then I would imagine auto is fine, although you could try manually assigning cloudflare or Google?).

I can confirm with SKY Siro, direct connection from ONT to WAN port on UDMP, I am getting approx 930mbps with all 35 of 35 Threat Categories Enabled. I did no sort of MAC cloning, and I do all of my settings via the local unifi interface on browser, not app (that really shouldn't matter).

Advertisement