Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trim 10 Mile, Feb 5 2023

• 01-02-2023 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Interested to know who's running this Sunday. There's just over 2,000 entries.

Myself, I ran it last year as my first ever 10 mile race. I generally only focus on 800m up to 5k but this is local. I'm actually forgoing the National Indoor Masters due to the clash this year too, but my training up to this point in 2023 hasn't really been on the speed side.

My plan. Definitely run it more sensibly than I did last year so I can enjoy it more. A nice to hit target would be to get around quicker than I did last year with this approach. But I've no major expectations as I'll only be 4 weeks into a new training approach on Sunday. So as I said, mostly want enjoy it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kd82

Yep, looking forward to it. Still a bit sore from Raheny but enjoyed the Raheny/Trim double-up last year. I haven't raced much beyond 10k, just Trim and Bohermeen half last year so just hoping to enjoy it and knock a minute or so off last year's attempt. I'm aiming to keep it steady for 10/11k and then see what's left for the final 5. Hopefully, I can pick it up a bit. Looks a little less windy than last year but early in the week to be predicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Someone actually mentioned the forecast to me last night. I didn't want to hear it as it sounded a little too positive. I'll check Saturday and plan then.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭patob

Looking forward to it on Sunday. 3rd time to do it for me, sold out in couple of hours. Nice country roads and great support, really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭FinnC

Hard to beat the country roads. Unfortunately not doing this race this year.

Turned out to be almost perfect conditions today. Except for the breeze on the turn back towards Trim. Ended up on my ownio for what was the worst stretch. Got caught eventually but stuck with two runners who I was very grateful for. We worked together really well and finished strong.

Main goal was to enjoy it more than last year. Accomplished. I loved the first half and then on the part where I began to struggle the two lads i ran with were brilliant as we encouraged one another and took turns running the front.

Nice to have goal achieved too. Ended up over a minute quicker than last year. Unexpectedly for me our team took 3rd place overall and 1st place in the county.

Got to meet some boardsies for the first time too. Great day all round. Good and sore now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Well fought out on your own at that section and great finish. Congrats on the team prizes. Nice to catch up with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Great race and third time doing it. While it was freezing an hour before, was mostly bearable at 12pm for the start, and pretty much perfect temps towards and at the end of the race.

Great standard of runners, excellent course and with virtually no wind was a joy to run pretty hard all the way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭patob

Perfect conditions on Sunday and really enjoyable. Only 1655 finishers so plenty of no shows and drop outs but this is pretty standard I hear.

I recall they used to have tea and sambos in the school hall post race. I did not see any info on this on Sunday unfortunately, anyone hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Was the Trim 10m offering deferral option? Dungarvan 10m wasn't. A lot of races are going to struggle for numbers going forward unless they offer deferral/transfer options. Once the races don't sell out before the off everyone will start to wait until the race day.

• Advertisement

They offered transfers. Not sure about deferrals. I got in through a transfer last year.

Also, video from a little before 1 mile in.

Advertisement