Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

308 Custom (700 \ AICS) Rifle for sale

Options
  • 13-12-2022 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Built for me by Dom Byrne 6 years ago. Original intention was to use for medium and long range target shooting but I just never got time to get into it properly so it ended up just being used for 100-300 which is in fairness way below it's capabilities . Selling now to fund another project and maybe someone else can use it's full potential.

•  Calibre .308 in Remington 700 Action
    • AICS v2.0 Chassis (folding stock).
    • Tactical Black fitted Victor Company Viperskins including integral pistol grip and side picatinney rails.
    • Accustack Comb Risers and butt stock extenders
    • Includes original thumbhole v2.0 Folding Stock skins (green - spotless)
    • 28” fluted Lothar Walther barrel (1 in 11 twist)
    • Picatinney Rail
    • Jewell Trigger
    • 10 round MDT .308 magazine and original 5 round AICS 308 mag.
    • ASE Ultra S Series - SL5 Moderator
    • Only 525 rounds (low count mostly due to COVID)
    • Entire set-up is totally spotless (only range use in MNSCI)
    • S&B scope, bipod and SPUHR mounts not included (sold already)

€2,250 ono. Can be seen in Midlands by arrangement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭freddieot

Some More Photos ........Unfortunately they loaded upside down for some reason. I don't normally post photos so I must be doing something wrong but at least they seem to be good and clear.

Photos of it with the original green skins.....Some may prefer the thumbhole set-up but I prefer a a pistol grip... Easy enough to change these over by the way, just a few minutes with a screwdriver. No techy gunsmith stuff involved...

Christmas BUMP....

The original Green AICS Skins are now sold as are the Accustack Comb Raisers. I've removed them so the attached photo now shows the final rifle set-up. Reminder again that the scope, mounts and bipod are not for sale. The mod is included.

Price now reduced to €1,950 ono. A great deal now as either a final set-up or a good building point for something else.

BUMP....

Attached are photos showing it folded as well as unfolded.

To answer a few questions I've been asked ....

(i) 308 and therefore unrestricted

(ii) No, it is too heavy for hunting. This is only really practical as a target rifle unless your other hobby is power lifting.

(iii) 10 round mag is still included, as is moderator.

(iv) scope and mounts not included

Final price drop to €1,900

Bump...

• Advertisement

Bump....

Bump....

Bump

Bump and price drop to € 1,850

Bump and final price drop as I'm either going to trade with a dealer or probably keep it rather than go lower.

Building one of these would cost about 3 to 3.5k and at 1,750 it is a giveaway.

Due to a time waster I again have the original AICS green chassis skins on the rifle. Configuration as below. As well as the mod, I'll also include the black skins, comb and stock extenders in the deal.

• Advertisement

BUMP ... I do need this gone so the lowest I can go €1,600. Deal to include mod, extra set of black skins, comb risers, stock extenders etc. Parting it out if no good offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rossa boy

Hi.

Is the rifle still for sale?

Thanks.

The barelled action is all that is left. Everything else is sold.

This is with a dealer in Cork. He can change the colour if you want and help with advice etc on an install in a compatible stock.

If you're interested let me know and I'll pm his details.

Advertisement