Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

NewsMax were tiny anyway - I read an article yesterday that they were only averaging about 130k viewers , which in the US context is beyond minuscule.

Not sure what percentage of that was through DirectTV , but probably a decent enough chunk.

The big loser here is Trump as NewsMax were the only channel providing full coverage of his rallies & events.

Fox aren't doing it anymore , they will say it happened and maybe show a clip or two but they aren't doing the live-broadcast stuff anymore nor do they intend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,222 ✭✭✭✭Penn

We found out how Trump won his own golf tournament last week even though he wasn't there for the first day. He just used his score from playing earlier in the week (I'm presuming unverified and not part of any competition/tournament) as his Saturday score; a score which was about 5 points better than anyone else had on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LOL "so easy to do".

Fuck me 🤣

• Subscribers Posts: 40,984 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

End the war by starting a war, interesting policies there mr drumpf

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

that's if we have any nukes left over... you know - from dealing with the hurricanes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,951 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

George Santos has volunteered to be the special mediator in the discussion. Problem solved, and another Nobel Peace prize for George.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It isn't a tweet. he posted it to TruthSocial. You can tell by the red verification mark and it says re-truths instead of retweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Rawr

“President Trump”

”No other world leader is calling for this”

I know he technically gets to keep the “President” title, so the person tweeting is technically correct (the best kind of correct), but “world leader”? I’m not sure “disgraced criminal loser who has to rig golf tournaments to not have a hissy fit” fits anywhere into a venn-diagram containing “world leader”.

“It’s easy” to end the Ukraine War? It sure is, just tell your buddy Vlad to pull his troops home tomorrow, and it’s over.

….or do you think he means to end the war the other way. The evil b*stard not-at-all-owned-by-the-Russians way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Remember when he threatened to 'rain down fire and fury the likes the world have never seen before' on a nuclear armed nation? Much diplomacy wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ETTD: State of California looking to disbar John Eastman. No surprise, delicious to see though. Go, California!

Aww Poor Donny is butthurt.

Of Course Donny went to vent off on sh|t social.

Trump tied to Tyre Nichols case over his past addresses to police forces, where he urged them not to be too nice to suspects

TFG lampooned by those notorious lefty writers at National Review:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Rawr

I think I watched a documentary film about that concept. Here’s a clip from it:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,222 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"And birds... I tell you, birds are going to pay for the dome... For too long now.... so long, in fact... birds have been defecating on our buildings, our golf courses, all of it.... and they're not sending their best birds.... pigeons, seagulls, murder crows.... these crows murdering.... it's horrible...."

"Sir, my question was did you contact the secretary of state in Georgia to discuss the results of the election?"

Building a done, Jesus wept.

I swear he's about 3 steps away from doing a Jim Jones....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When he says dome he doesn't mean it literally. He is referring to Israel's Iron Dome missile defense system. His statement is stupid for lots of other reasons though. The US has already bought Iron Dome tech from Israel. However, I am pretty sure the Iron Dome system is just for short range missiles. He was talking about it preventing nuclear attack so it probably isn't much use for protecting against nuclear missiles which would be ICBMs or SLBMs and the US already has a system to protect against these. He also said something about how he rebuilt the military while he was president. How the hell did he do that? It's the largest military in the world and most of their stuff is the most advanced on the planet. What needed rebuilding?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

He also said something about how he rebuilt the military while he was president. How the hell did he do that? It's the largest military in the world and most of their stuff is the most advanced on the planet. What needed rebuilding?

I am sure I seen on interview where Trump went on about how old all the silos were and missiles on how he was having them all rebuilt with the latest tech and all and all the beautiful new perfect missles all the best in the World.

Sure ain't it great not.

He would say anything to try and look good. Yet if you look at his term as President what did he do? He done feck all. He caused hate tread and division in America and the World too. That's all.

Oh I know he made a complete fool of himself.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ah yes. The great SDI (Space Defence Initiative). Commonly referred to as "Star Wars" in Reagan's time. Wait until trump hears THAT! "And y'know, we have this shield in space. We built that! A great friend of mine, (the last great American president before your favourite), the great Ronald Reagan started that. And I finished it. Lasers flying about in space! Great big.. y... beautiful things. And y'know what they call it? Get this.. They call it SPACE WARS... Isn't that great? Shooting lasers at Russia and their rockets. It's beautiful. And y'know... we can... y'know... can take out PEOPLE with these space lasers. But the Dems and Sleepy Joe don't want to do that. Isn't that AMAZING? They don't want to take out bad guys from space! And Putin... He knows I'd... we'd... And Kim? Well.. Well he's a good guy. The liberal media... and we got on tremendously. I got a beautiful letter from him about my golf swing... And he said "Why Mister President. You have all these lasers. Why... and your election was stolen... Why don't you..." And you know he's a clever guy, right? He says "Hilary Clinton..." and the fake attack on Nancy's husband. If that had been me, I'd have and... But we have these lasers and I could have.. Just from my phone called someone and... but they HATE 'murica. But we have this thing... SPACE STARS. And I could... They tell me "Mister President. They have... and the FBI... Mister President you CAN do this" And let me tell you, when I get in... And the lasers and the woke teachers teaching our kids to hate 'murica and to hate white people... and I'll y'know. With the STD lasers..."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

He might have meant Jewish space lasers.

Trump is tryna sue Bob Woodward now because Bob included audio receipts in the audiobook version of the book they both contracted to.

His lawyers wanna argue they agreed to the recording for 'the book' not yknow... 'the book' as an audio book.

They're gonna likely fail. It is an attempt at talking point to deflect from whatever the damning receipts are from his book. Which is now going to get the Streissand Effect, because Bob Woodward wasn't even on my bingo card.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Republicans found to be simply Trump rolls over and dies soon, as they have no plan or political will to purge him from the party or to stand on any principles

In my conversations with Republicans, I heard repeatedly that the least disruptive path to getting rid of Trump, grim as it sounds, might be to wait for his expiration. Their rationale was straightforward: The former president is 76 years old, overweight, appears to maintain the diet of a college freshman, and believes, contrary to all known science, that exercise is bad for you. Why risk alienating his supporters when nature will take its course sooner or later

Democrat chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee commits to oversight on the Durham investigation following the NYT report last week that Durham had reportedly, as part of his work, flown to Italy and other places to solicit evidence under his original mandate (to reverse-investigate the DOJ over it's Trump-Russia handling) and what ended up happening according to the NYT and its alleged sources is the Italians actually supplied Durham and the DOJ with evidence that implicated the POTUS in financial crimes, the evidence was compelling enough to run across AG William Barr, who instructed Durham to pursue a criminal investigation into Donald Trump over the financial criminal allegations (which at first read, is way out of his scope and a huge move to do without notifying congress - going from investigating the DOJ to criminally investigating the current POTUS, clandestinely at that, if the New York Times is to be believed).

There's also the matter that Durham circumvented a judge who twice barred him under the law from seeking private emails of Democratic megadonor, George Soros. After being told his warrant was denied twice he went to Russian intelligence sources to acquire them:

Mr. Durham used Russian intelligence memos — suspected by other U.S. officials of containing disinformation — to gain access to emails of an aide to George Soros, the financier and philanthropist who is a favorite target of the American right and Russian state media. Mr. Durham used grand jury powers to keep pursuing the emails even after a judge twice rejected his request for access to them. The emails yielded no evidence that Mr. Durham has cited in any case he pursued.

These reports about abuses in Special Counsel Durham’s investigation—so outrageous that even his longtime colleagues quit in protest—are but one of many instances where former President Trump and his allies weaponized the Justice Department.

The Justice Department should work on behalf of the American people, not for the personal benefit of any president. As we wait for the results of ongoing internal reviews, the Senate Judiciary Committee will do its part and take a hard look at these repeated episodes, and the regulations and policies that enabled them, to ensure such abuses of power cannot happen again.

I am certainly interested in tuning into this eventual hearing.

• Advertisement

Another example of ETTD. Durham was a respected attorney before getting involved with TFG and his gangster cabal. If these hearings prove misconduct on his part, that will likely result in sanctioning and disbarring again - like what happened to Eastman.

All these lawyers taking TFG's coin should have a look at themselves and what happens to them. Cassidy Hutchinson's lawyer is on leave from his law firm as a result of his shenanigans. The list just goes on and on.

Advertisement