Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW22 transfer thread

• 22-01-2023 1:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 2 FTs and only Rashford for next week.

Have Williams and Perraud(don't ask) stinking up my defence.

Most likely Shaw or Dalot in for one of them.

Considering KdB to Fernandes also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have already taken a -4 to get ready for the potential double game week incoming.

Potential blanks in week 25 means not bringing in too many ManUtd., Newcastle, Brighton and Brentford, but tempted to play the wildcard to shake things up and try maintain some recent positive momentum. Already done Cancelo and Almiron to Shaw and Fernandes for the -4. Wildcard would mean also shipping out Saliba, Castagne, Alexander-Arnold, March and Mitrovic and bringing in Aurier, Kilman, Estupinan, Saka and Johnson with the money in the bank to allow me swap Fernandes to KDB for the Man City double in week 23. Or should I just stick with the current team for another few weeks? Opinions appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Most posters probably know but just a reminder that the Leeds & MUFC double next gameweek is conditional on neither requiring an FA Cup replay (MUFC home to Reading, and Leeds away at Accrington or Boreham). On the face of it neither should require a replay but if possible you should hold off until it's confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bruno rising in price tonight more than likely, and he is my intended transfer in, for 1 GW only.

There is a chance of getting a double rise out of him, given the 2 week break to the next GW. But there is also the chance of him not having the DGW, or being injured. I would imgaine the DGW does go ahead.

I might just take the chance, as I am tight on funds. What @ArmaniJeanss says is 110% correct but I may have to ignore that advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not tuned in this year at all - when is the blank that people are talking about and what teams does it impact?

Salah out, Rashford in.

Mbeumo out, Kane in.

• Advertisement

GW 25 - the league cup final weekend.

Man United, Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle can all be affected as far as I know, and maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Cancelo out, Botman in. I’d usually wait but can’t stand having Cancelo any longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have 2 FT's

Looking at KDB & Almiron out

Mahrez & Odegaard in. Will leave me a whooping 5.3 ITB 😲

Already have Shaw, Martinez and Rashford for the DGW pending it goes ahead as planned. Martinez a nice differential this week and fancy United to get 2 CS's in the double. Very tempted to stick the TC on Rashford too.

Current wildcard selection:

Pope(Ward)

Trippier, Shaw, Estupinan, (Stones), (Coufal)

Odegaard, Saka, Rashford, Fernandes, (Mahrez)

Nketiah, Haaland, Kane

Based purely on form, who would you bench in the top 8 players, Marhez tore Spurs up only last week.

So purely based on form, you would have to bench Nketiah/Kane/Bruno

Based on fixtures it would have to be Kane

And for those reason I don't think I would WC in that strong front 8 team, because your likely to pick the wrong option every single week

• Advertisement

Agreed there is a chance of having points on the bench each week but want to set team up to have no real need for transfers up to week 25 in case I need to bring in players who don't blank that week with my free transfers. Mahrez and Stones are in for their double game week in 23 and just think with a home game there is a chance Spurs make a better attempt at keeping them quiet this week. Kane got a goal again this evening and is also a tough choice to leave out. Also thinking of maybe captaining Rashford instead of Haaland since he could have the double game week and while I think Haaland is likely to score I'd be surprised if he got another hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Should my priority be getting rid of Salah or Wilson this week? Or both...

Replacements would be Nketiah and Mahrez/Bruno.

Am at the point now where taking hits is absolutely not a problem

Salah -> Bruno is a no-brainer, IMO.

In turn, Bruno can become Mahrez or Saka for the DGW after that. In theory you'd be getting 4 games instead of 2. And saving some cash.

As for the other part, I know you're mad to get rid of Wilson so it might just be worth it for peace of mind! 😂 Do you have Newcastle attack for GW23?

Read recently (link) that one reason Wilson has been off form is that he came back from the England world cup squad with some illness and has taken time to get his energy levels back and has even missed some training sessions so there may be a chance he will get back to scoring form again soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I did Salah - Bruno early too. Reckon he could be a 0.3 riser this week with the DGW and the longer than usual between gameweeks

I got rid of Almiron last GW so Wilson is my only Newcastle attacker right now ...hard to justify dumping for a hit I guess 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I'll be getting rid of KDB for Bruno.

Also probably take a punt and captain Rashford with the fixtures United have. Obviously with Halaand going so well getting the captaincy right in one DGW like this could be crucial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Almiron and ings out, Bruno and bamford in for a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Any love for mudryk? looked seriously good off the bench against pool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Could be a -3 dropper if he gets injured.

I plan on bringing him in myself, will be waiting until after FA cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Reading in the cup, doubt he even plays TBH. I can see them giving the WC players a 10 day break now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Pool players are toxic at the moment though bar perhaps Allison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

KDB & Mitro to Fernandes & Nketiah for a -4, most likely.

The week after I'll then likely do Fernandes to KDB/Mahrez (and possibly another -4 for Digne to Akanje).

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭nice bit of green

Thinking Mitrovic and Andreas out for Gnonto & Rodrigo. Purely for the DGW if it goes ahead. Already have 3 United.

If not, Mitro out and Nketiah in.

Might not be applicable for this thread but there doesn't seem to be a DGW thread yet this season.

It looks like Man Utd will be in the LC final now, so will blank in GW25. They would have played Brighton then. Brighton already have 2 games to reschedule, and now this 3rd game. If they beat Liverpool in the FA cup, there could be even more again. I wonder what are the odds of moving one of their rescheduled games to GW25 so that they don't need to blank then? Either way, looks like Brighton could have 3+ DGWs coming up in the second half of the season. They will have 2 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It's actually MUFC v Brentford in GW25 which is now likely off.

But as Brighton play Newcastle that week then all the above could be true anyway as Newcastle have a foot in the LC final as well.

sorry, you're correct. was getting them mixed up in my late night thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Oooh, I'll hold on to my TC for the rare triple game week 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

On the subject of TC rashford could be a good shout this weekend. Anyone thinking along the same lines ?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Yeah thinking strongly about it.

Im wondering what people’s thoughts are on playing wildcard? I’m happy enough with my team but I’m half considering playing it to try and get the few changes I want made without having to wait weeks and take hits.

I would be going

Cancelo to Botman

Martinelli to Odegaard

KDB to Bruno

Ward Prowse to Saka

Mirtovic to Ferguson

The remainder would stay as they are:

Kepa Ward Trippier Bueno White Shaw Mitoma Rashford Haaland Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I am being convinced by ye to use TC on Rashford this week. Anyone want to set up a captain poll for this week? Last time I tried to do it, I fluffed it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ngunners

I like those changes but your wildcard may be more valuable later in the season. How many free transfers do you have?

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of, only have 1 FT unfortunately. Could take a -8 to make a few of the changes but am top of mini league and don’t want to give up easy ground. I’ll be torn for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ngunners

My rule of thumb is 7-8 transfers means wildcard time. Anything less and I try to be patient/ take hits as required.

Yeah I’d agree with you in general, I’m just wondering when it’s United, Arsenal and City with the doubles if there’s something to be said for making the most of it. But could easily regret it later on alright. Might take a -8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭COH

Season currently stagnating .... languishing around 2.5 mil OR since GW 1. Awful stuff. Everyone in main league seems to have a very similar team so not climbing at all.

Anyway team currently has some dead wood that needs amputating so thinking about the WC

Sanchez - Ward

Shaw - Trippier - Estupinan - Botman - Bueno

Fernandes - Odegaard - Saka - Rashford - Mitoma

Haaland - Toney - Nketia

5.4 mil ITB with a view to doing Bruno > KDB the following week then getting Kane back in at some stage down the line if needs be. Would be well set up for the upcoming doubles.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Looks like a good team to me with 9 of the same players in my likely wild card selection. I'm currently thinking of swapping out Ward for Leno because of the potential blank for my first choice goal keeper in week 25. Leno would be facing Wolves when Ward would be facing Arsenal. Not sure how many you could field from your team if the Newcastle v Brighton and Man Utd v Brentford games are off in week 25 if it is a Newcastle v Man Utd EFL cup final.

Yikes - hadnt even considered that tbh. Show where my head is at this year!

Who would you be benching this GW? I feel the problem with WC and bringing in certain players, your probably benching them, so is it worth bringing them in? I also wouldn't be boo bothered about brining KDB back in, he's had little to no form.

Would have been benching Ward - Mitoma - Bueno - Estipinan

Brighton (and Mitoma) are flying atm, while Bournemouth are struggling especially in front of goals. One could argue when will you play them if not at home against Bournmouth?

Mitomas goal today against pool was a beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jaysus wasn't expecting that!

Poor aul Joao got cancello-ed.

Some comedown from being an FPL must-have to getting dumped in the January window

Is Ake nailed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

Wouldn’t have thought so, Laporte back now can also play that cb/Lb role.

think Lewis is defender to go for. He’s the only one now that can play that half in half dm/full back role and he’s 3.9 so no big deal if he gets left out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement